• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

USMC and IJA mistakes

The pacific

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 2, 2013
Rep
I was watching the progress of Rising Storm is a great work of the entire team of design, technical, etc. But note errors in uniforms of USMC and IJA,
The P41 uniform of USMC was used throughout the war,the M1 helmet not use cover in Guadalcanal 1942,recent usage in 1943,the japanese helmet M 30/32 net or cover,officers not only used cap, also soldiers.
Weapons are poorly located in the historical context, the Marines on Guadalcanal used Sprinfield rifle M1903A3 30-06,the A1 is for sniper,in 1943 used the M1 Garand 30-06,I don't saw Browning machine gun M 17,the thompson submachine gun M1928A1 was used to Guadalcanal, then will use the M1A1 until the end of the war,lack the M1 Carbine, the M3 submachine gun "grease gun", M50 Reising submachine gun, the Colt revolver M17,Browning M2HB,etcthe Japanese Type 100 submachine gun, do not use in abundance, as the German M40, proof of this there are very few photos with soldiers trying them,thanks for red!:)

I was watching the progress of Rising Storm is a great work of the entire team of design, technical, etc. But note errors in uniforms of USMC and IJA,
The P41 uniform of USMC was used throughout the war,the M1 helmet not use cover in Guadalcanal 1942,recent usage in 1943,the japanese helmet M 30/32 net or cover,officers not only used cap, also soldiers.
Weapons are poorly located in the historical context, the Marines on Guadalcanal used Sprinfield rifle M1903A3 30-06,the A1 is for sniper,in 1943 used the M1 Garand 30-06,I don't saw Browning machine gun M 17,the thompson submachine gun M1928A1 was used to Guadalcanal, then will use the M1A1 until the end of the war,lack the M1 Carbine, the M3 submachine gun "grease gun", M50 Reising submachine gun, the Colt revolver M17,Browning M2HB,etcthe Japanese Type 100 submachine gun, do not use in abundance, as the German M40, proof of this there are very few photos with soldiers trying them,thanks for red!:)
Just gonna say that the M1 carbine is in the game. I hope you know how much more work would go into making the extra weapons. If they were to make all the weapons used in the Pacific including slight changes, it may extend release time from now quite a bit. It means models, textures, animations, and sounds which can take a while especially if you think about the team making every gun listed. Now I love historical accuracy as much as the next guy but it's a pretty big workload. I think anyone with modding experience can attest to that. Anyway, have a nice day. :)

Upvote 0