• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

US Military

Another problem with the AN-94 you would have would be people saying, "why does it shoot one bullet when I have it set on 2 round burst", then you gotta go on a long detailed explanation of why it shoots like this, and it is really firing 2 bullets really fast, ect. That isn't a commonly known weapon, and I guarantee it would come up on the forums a lot, "WTF, this broken rifle only shoots 1 bullet on burst", ect.

You can avoid this through good use of firing animations and code efficiency. Have the actual weapon recoil take care of what would be the first shot, and the fire animation take care of that second shot recoil (making it take time to settle and such). Now, as for making it seem like two shots, just make the weapon work like a shotgun and have 2 'pellets' be fired per trigger pull, but also taking 2 ammo per shot. I know that's possible because of the UT2004 Link Gun.

gun, gun gun? :D

(TFS Nappa voice): Vegeta, look! A Pok

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I will quote myself here again on what could be done in terms of which weapon could be used for what etc:

Exactly.

An idea would also be:

* Reskin the Bullpup to an MP5 (a very common weapon in Britain) as its stats (at least damagewise) fits better than the Bullpup, and with a Holographic scope and all. Possibly have the secondary fire toggle flashlight, rather than auto/semi too, to differ it more from the other Commando weapons? (as you basicly always use the Bullpup in fullauto anyway...)
* Make the Assault rifle with underslung grenade launcher be the L85A2 + AG36 (so we still have a british bullpup assault rifle in the game!)

euro_l85a2.gif

That would work, wouldn't it? :)

(You could even call the weapon L85A3, the 3 in the end cuz it only uses burstshots :p)

What about balanced stats? Here is an idea on how it could be useful for both Commando and Demolitions in each their own way:

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
AFAIK there's not been a case where a military has aided a native population against a vionlently aggressive horde of genetically engineered specimens designed for war.

Well eugenics is simply evolution continued on to it's logical conclusion, namely, we are the greatest. So when Germany attempted to take over the world in WWII (and did a damn good job of it too), they weren't allowed to retreat since 500 German soldiers were obviously better than 5000 inferior, raging slavs.

Turns out Hitler was wrong, the Germans weren't the top of the evolutionary ladder. At least not quite as far up as he liked to think, so of course the inferior slavs smashed them.

However, Britain did interfere on behalf of France in the war, to the point of landing soldiers in France itself. So, to point, they aide a native population against a violently aggressive horde of specimens trained for war and thought to be genetically superior. The USA also interfered in that war on behalf of Britain, but they didn't land there since Britain held out long enough, and Hitler was too ditzy to attack properly after he fired his generals, so they lasted the war. Fairly sure they've gone to Africa though, and NATO went to.. Where was it, up in the European states.. Serbia was in it, Bosnia? Something like that, NATO forces, although not under that name, were Russia, Britain, USA and.. A few others. Can't remember. But that was intervening on behalf of the native populace against a horde of.. Well that's the fun part. Court defense's nowadays often revolve around a psychological state or genetics. It wasn't my fault, my genes made me do it thus it's discrimination if I get sent to jail. A few scientists are even attempting to prove that it's not that we just decide to be bastards, we're actually forced to do it. In which case it was against genetically differing specimens which needed to be put down. They obviously thought that defense through.. :rolleyes:

Still, that's several cases where on state has intervened on behalf of another. In times of great distress politics matters a tad less. Not completely, but it becomes background to the main fight.

you'll see a lot of very fat well-fed specimens before armed frenchmen are tolerated on British soil.

And that's why the French Foreign Legion exists. :p

Besides, the original natives of the isles are all dead and gone, bar the Welsh. The only reason you're not French is that they get way too distracted with their hair. Could still happen. :p

Let's just call everything a gun.

Rifle :p

Upvote 0
Honestly, I would like some female characters involved here. Not all scientists/military are male.
I always feel odd when playing a male character, and I'm sure a lot of female players would enjoy having a woman to play (of course her clothing would follow the same as the males').
I'm only asking for one female (free hopefully) so that the game doesn't seem a bit.. sexist? No, maybe not that strong a word, but that is what I feel when a multiplayer game only has one gender it seems wrong.

Upvote 0