• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS unpolluted US Marines uniforms

BuSHid0

May 23, 2014
Spain
I've been thinking about this since i play.

Dont you see the marines uniforms too clean?
If we look series and films about the Pacific the marines were always dirty with sweat stains at least, however in this game the uniforms are almost unpolluted. In the japases side also occurs, but is not as noticeable due to uniform colors.
This problem dont occur with the soviets and germas (snow remains, some stains,...).

When i see the US Marines in game for me they look like this:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/pixar/images/e/e6/SargeTS3.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110426135157

Thanks for reading.

Perhaps, but if its anything like what they did to the RO2 faces, it will make them look fake.

True but you can separate the face's dirt texture from the uniform.

p.s. I meant RO2 not RO1 haha - the RO2 Wehrmacht / Soviets have dirt on their texture and faces, but these are actually different properties which can be separate. Infact the soldiers are split up into mutiple parts which can have different textures (and therefore different 'dirt' levels) - Face, Equiptment, Helmet, and the rest of the body. In regular RO2 these 'dirt' levels go up as you rank up to level 5 - and then when you have a Hero uniform, there is no 'dirt' overlay, but the Hero uniform has a lot of dirt on the basic texture anyways.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Perhaps, but if its anything like what they did to the RO2 faces, it will make them look fake.

RO2 faces look artificial as hell. I wish they had at least very basic animations like eye lids and eyes moving a bit. Best of course would be to have their faces change mood during fight like scared and disgusted when a fellow player is blown to pieces.

Upvote 0
Remember they started most Pacific battles with brand new uniforms. Didn't take long for them to get wrecked of course but certainly all the landing maps (iwo, saipan, kwaj, etc) should have squeaky clean uniforms.

Yes, but there are other problem with the marines, they all look too similar IMO. In Japanese soldiers you can see across ranks and diferent classes Soldiers with cap (officers and TL), soldiers with Helmet, in some map you can see soldiers, covered with pieces of branches for camo (especially the hero class), a Hachimaki in the forehead and almost civilian clothes (hero class), soldiers with helmet, soldiers with helmet and a piece of cloth in the neck, helmets with web,...
IMO the japanese soldiers are way better designed than the marines and there are many different types, however the Marines are all the same except those with that kind of vest (i dont remember what class), in the marines only change the helmet, in some maps they wear the helmet covered by camo cloth and in other maps they wear the helmet without cloth but the marines are almost clones.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, but there are other problem with the marines, they all look too similar IMO. In Japanese soldiers you can see across ranks and diferent classes Soldiers with cap (officers and TL), soldiers with Helmet, in some map you can see soldiers, covered with pieces of branches for camo (especially the hero class), a Hachimaki in the forehead and almost civilian clothes (hero class), soldiers with helmet, soldiers with helmet and a piece of cloth in the neck, helmets with web,...
IMO the japanese soldiers are way better designed than the marines and there are many different types, however the Marines are all the same except those with that kind of vest (i dont remember what class), in the marines only change the helmet, in some maps they wear the helmet covered by camo cloth and in other maps they wear the helmet without cloth but the marines are almost clones.

This isn't entirely true, in fact they have different faces for the bots, there are multiple uniforms for the Americans. Also the uniforms are implemented in this way:
Three uniform styles, some have equivalents, some use the same.

Heagear mesh:
(if applicable There are more Japanese headgear meshes, I'll admit that much.)
Equipment Mesh:
(Explosives on the belt etc, changes as level goes up)
Standardized mesh for the body:
(changes as well based on progression)

The reason the Japanese are camouflaged is because of their fighting style. Historically speaking they did use a lot of camouflage.
Also another reason why you might be thinking this is because of the uniforms, the Japanese on maps very between the three styles and the Americans don't, the Americans mainly on most maps use the Marine uniform, but sometimes the army one as well. This creates a ratio 2/3 which is why it may seem that way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0