• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unable to join servers

Brewtzar

Nov 20, 2011
Hello,
I've seen people talk about this issue a few times on this and other forums. This has been happening since the update that added the swat perk went live, although I was able to play on the beta normally before that. I haven't had the time to address the issue until today.

Symptoms:
- Matchmaking will always return with an error message about how no servers match my filters, even when those filters are all set to 'any'.
- 'Join' and 'Spectate' buttons do not connect to servers when clicked, but still blink and beep as normal.
- Sometimes after attempting to use the join buttons and then trying singleplayer or matchmaking, it will connect me to whatever server I had attempted to join on the browser. This has only happened twice in the two or three hours I've been messing with it. The first time none of the zeds or players were visible, I couldn't spawn, and the wave counter was 00/00. The second time it properly sent me to an empty server and seemed to function as normal (I quite before anyone joined though).

What I've tried:
- Removing MyGames/KillingFloor2 - before I tried this the server browser was always empty, but doing this fixed that issue.
- Verifying integrity of game cache
- Updating drivers

Tl;dr cannot join games online, usual fixes don't seem to work. Anyone have any idea of what to do?

Great idea Romano, thanks!

My Win 10 laptop has the following:
- 8.00 gb RAM
- Intel i5-4200U CPU
- 64-bit OS
- 15.6" Monitor
- Plenty of hard drive space
- Intel wireless-N 7260 wireless card
- Razor headset
- Logitech mouse

I don't use any software while playing the game (aside from steam, of course), so I can't think of any that might affect the game. My computer security is the default one that came with Windows 10. I don't have the specs for my router as I'm living in a college dorm. Hope this helps find an issue and again thanks.

EDIT: So apparently I can use matchmaking as long as I specify which map I'd like to play. Weird. I suspect this might be because of the single map I've subscribed to on the workshop. I unsubscribed, but the map still appeared in the filter options. The 'ANY' selection still causes matchmaking to fail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0