• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI take this in your update

I think the battle field commission actually works.
I play with my brother, now he plays on his laptop me on my desktop.
My pc will load up a new map in quarter of the time it takes him, we are on the same connection.

I am nearly always first into any new map (before everyone not just my brother)
so I can pick whatever class I want, I always choose rifleman or MG thats what I prefer to play.

If I wanted to play marksman I could get the role nearly every new map which is not fair, at least with the odd battle field commission everybody can get a shot at it.

Upvote 0
i like the battlefield commission, i play with bolt action very much, but playing it all the time can become boring. on large servers it's sometimes hard to get anything else, and the battlefield commission is a nice reward for players that did well.
there should be some sort of visible message for the player that gets his class "stolen", or the classes should be switched by default.

Upvote 0
Question is: on what conditions you're given the possibility to switch class? When I see the message I often have little to no idea who is playing whom and I don't know if I should replace somebody, because I have no idea how is he playing (good or bad) and I am not good at playing all the classes (for example - I am better MG'er than sniper).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are two commissions given to each team at the end of each round, one on merit and one that's supposedly random.

The merit commission goes to the top scoring player on the team.

The "random" commission is assigned by going through the player list in what's probably the order that they connected. The first person to roll a successful 20% chance gets the random commission. Obviously, the distribution is heavily weighted towards the beginning of the list.

If a round starts and noone has been assigned a random commission, then it runs through the list again to try to hand one out. This happens even on the first round of a map.

Upvote 0
The battlefield commission is extremely unfair/stupid. Stealing another role would be considered cheating normally. At least make it an additional slot just for you.

You might not like it, but it is there to try and break the RO1 first-come-first-serve pattern, where fast-loading players get the best roles almost always. Now THAT, is unfair.

However, one issue with the Commissions, is that choosing roles before a round starts can be annoying even WITHOUT being kicked out of the one you wanted.

Upvote 0