• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI Devs - IGNORE the forums!

With all due respect I don't blame you for making a thread in order to defend TWI from criticism, but I think one of the last things Tripwire should be doing is ignoring criticism negative or not. Yes it's obvious that most complaints are in the minority (the game looks and sounds incredible), but at the same time I think we should respect the right of the consumer to comment on and criticize the products they purchase or are planning to purchase. Sometimes criticism does cross over the line into interpretations of insult and hurt feelings etc...but come on guys a game community is always going to have some bitter disagreements. Can't we duke it out without trying to silence either side of a debate?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Let me just say this (not pointed at any individual, this is just in response to the general mood up here):

I think TWI knows what they're doing well enough to filter out the useless community feedback and only seriously digest and implement that which is relevant to where they are in the development process (and also that which is presented in a more cogent fashion than a long-winded rant).

With this in mind, every single person with an opinion ranting and raving on whether or not to have this weapon or that accessory in game is completely irrelevant and useless considering that at this point in the development process, TWI has announced that these things ARE SET and WILL NOT change prior to release.

To say that Tripwire is ignoring all community criticism/feedback is completely erroneous, in my opinion. If they're smart (which I'd say they are), they're reading all of the feedback (yes, including the ranting/raving/flaming), but only considering that which they feel is useful to them at that particular point in the development process.

Reactions: VariousNames
Upvote 0
With this in mind, every single person with an opinion ranting and raving on whether or not to have this weapon or that accessory in game is completely irrelevant and useless considering that at this point in the development process, TWI has announced that these things ARE SET and WILL NOT change prior to release.

Nice to know someone is actually reading the original post.

Just to reiterate, I'm suggesting (half jokingly, by the way) that TWI should ignore the forums, because anything we rant about is irrelevant at this point in development. Our rants will become relevant again after release, when they can consider tweaking / adding features, but not before.

Unfortunately, some people will still not read this, not get the point, and call me the devil.

Reactions: MEGADETHTHRETH
Upvote 0
I am a psychic.

Months ago, I said that once development gets close to the shipping date, we will be told to shut up by a bunch of sycophants who will say "they can't change it this close to release, it's already set!" and developers who will say "we're not going to change it after putting this much work into it!"

Keeping in mind when I said that, I was complaining about the fact that the cheerleaders and the dev team were constantly repeating the pointless refrain "you don't know what's in this system so stop commenting on it."

You might as well say it, don't ever comment on anything Tripwire ever does, ever, before or after release, because they are Gods and are therefore above criticism.

Because I hate to say, that's effectively what you're saying when you're telling us we can't criticize anything early in the pre-alpha stage of development, after the game's announcement, in early closed beta testing stage, or presumably after release as well. Seriously, just shut down the forum. This is all pointless. The Tripwire fan club has decided that no discussion is possible, ever.

I was even getting harangued for talking about things in the hypothetical. Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice to know someone is actually reading the original post.

Just to reiterate, I'm suggesting (half jokingly, by the way) that TWI should ignore the forums, because anything we rant about is irrelevant at this point in development. Our rants will become relevant again after release, when they can consider tweaking / adding features, but not before.

Unfortunately, some people will still not read this, not get the point, and call me the devil.

Especially the later posts don't really get the meaning of the forum, taking it far too literally (correct english?)

@hockeywarrior; do not take the tile literally...
I thought the aim of the title (in comination with the timing) was pretty clear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am a psychic.

Months ago, I said that once development gets close to the shipping date, we will be told to shut up by a bunch of sycophants who will say "they can't change it this close to release, it's already set!" and developers who will say "we're not going to change it after putting this much work into it!"

Keeping in mind when I said that, I was complaining about the fact that the cheerleaders and the dev team were constantly repeating the pointless refrain "you don't know what's in this system so stop commenting on it."

You might as well say it, don't ever comment on anything Tripwire ever does, ever, before or after release, because they are Gods and are therefore above criticism.

Because I hate to say, that's effectively what you're saying when you're telling us we can't criticize anything early in the pre-alpha stage of development, after the game's announcement, in early closed beta testing stage, or presumably after release as well. Seriously, just shut down the forum. This is all pointless. The Tripwire fan club has decided that no discussion is possible, ever.

I was even getting harangued for talking about things in the hypothetical. Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

I'm psychic. I knew somebody would rant without actually reading my post.

No where have I said you shouldn't criticize. Criticize all you want to no avail. What I suggested was the Devs shouldn't read anything on the forums, since they can't at this point. I even said I'll be criticizing and making suggestions after release, as I have before (though I won't do it rudely).

Just to be clear, I'm making a suggestion to the Devs, not to you.

Upvote 0
What a great suggestion from mormegil :rolleyes:

If TWI didn't want our opinion, they wouldn't have the forums. Also don't be sad, %99 of the time they do it their own way when it comes to the features.

*sigh*

It's not that they don't want our opinion, it's that 2 months to shipping, nobody's opinion (TWI's or ours) will matter for what will go into the game.

They have a set feature list, and will be working hard to get as much in as possible before shipping. It is extremely unlikely they will either remove features they have worked to put in because not everybody likes them, or add any features not already slated to go in.

Upvote 0
So just to say it again, since people don't seem to be getting it.

I would save the constructive criticism for after the game goes gold / ships, otherwise it will by necessity fall on deaf ears.

Unless you think it's likely that TWI will decide to go back and read all the suggestions and criticisms after release from people who haven't actually played the game. In all likelihood, they will read the criticisms and suggestions of the game AFTER people have played it. Otherwise, they'll be parsing through a mix of misunderstandings, misinformation along with valid criticisms.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i am a psychic.

Months ago, i said that once development gets close to the shipping date, we will be told to shut up by a bunch of sycophants who will say "they can't change it this close to release, it's already set!" and developers who will say "we're not going to change it after putting this much work into it!"

keeping in mind when i said that, i was complaining about the fact that the cheerleaders and the dev team were constantly repeating the pointless refrain "you don't know what's in this system so stop commenting on it."

you might as well say it, don't ever comment on anything tripwire ever does, ever, before or after release, because they are gods and are therefore above criticism.

Because i hate to say, that's effectively what you're saying when you're telling us we can't criticize anything early in the pre-alpha stage of development, after the game's announcement, in early closed beta testing stage, or presumably after release as well. Seriously, just shut down the forum. This is all pointless. The tripwire fan club has decided that no discussion is possible, ever.

+1

Reactions: [TW]schneidzekk
Upvote 0