• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI developers can we talk about the Vosh item shop? (Poll included! Please vote!)

Do you want a Vosh Item Shop?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LunaticMaster

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2013
Finland
I have read from the reddit and the steam kf2 forums that almost all of the playerbase of KF2 would want the Vosh shop to be added in the Killing Floor2!
If you developers really care about the game the KF2's REPLAYABILITY. Then you would add the Vosh item shop!

What could the players do with the Vosh item shop?
  • Use Vault dosh or Vault crafting materials as a currency to buy the Vault items they want!
  • Precious Vault items would be the most expensive items in the shop. For example Vault Mr.Foster jacket and the Vault MP7.
  • Current Vault crate system causes people get frustrated BECAUSE they most like will NEVER get the item they most want!
  • The new Vosh Item Shop would GREATLY improve the replayability of Killing Floor2. Because now the players could actually work towards the item they want the most!
  • Players are happy when they get to look good, so allowing players to buy the Vosh items would make them even happier. They even might tell their friends to play the game too.
  • Vosh item shop would only improve the game.
  • A very Pro-consumer move!
Those are few of the reasons that i think why we should get Vosh item shop. If you want a Vosh item shop type place where you can buy Vosh items, i hope you would make a post about it too! The more the players would post about it, the more the chances are the TWI's developers would have to respond to our wishes.
The current Vosh crate system is horrible and you know it too. It needs to change.

Thanks to all who voted! I'm grateful!

Last edited:
On a general basis, I think people are getting tired of randomness.

It's okay if it's used as an actual game mechanic, just like in RPGs (random drops) or roguelikes (makes each playthrough fresh)

But working your ass out only to get something awful and/or that you already have feels unrewarding, if not downright insulting.

I can't count the amount of dosh vault items I had to recycle simply because I crafted them a bazillion times already.

Obviously, you don't have to spoon-feed gamers by giving them all the best items for nothing. But like... The objectives for each new events are actually a good way to actually REWARD players for PLAYING. Yes, we may end up with the same skin for the same weapon : but at least we had to do something in order to get it.

And I think that would be the best way with the Vosh too. Actually put an actual shop where you can buy from a whole range of items...using in-game money. That would feel more rewarding. And of course : the higher the quality of the item, the most expensive it would be.

And as usual, people could still pay to unlock them faster or some ****.

Reactions: LunaticMaster
Upvote 0
On a general basis, I think people are getting tired of randomness.

It's okay if it's used as an actual game mechanic, just like in RPGs (random drops) or roguelikes (makes each playthrough fresh)

But working your ass out only to get something awful and/or that you already have feels unrewarding, if not downright insulting.

I can't count the amount of dosh vault items I had to recycle simply because I crafted them a bazillion times already.

Obviously, you don't have to spoon-feed gamers by giving them all the best items for nothing. But like... The objectives for each new events are actually a good way to actually REWARD players for PLAYING. Yes, we may end up with the same skin for the same weapon : but at least we had to do something in order to get it.

And I think that would be the best way with the Vosh too. Actually put an actual shop where you can buy from a whole range of items...using in-game money. That would feel more rewarding. And of course : the higher the quality of the item, the most expensive it would be.

And as usual, people could still pay to unlock them faster or some ****.
Well said friend. Let's hope that the devs see this.

Upvote 0
Just 2 days ago I unboxed 50 damn vosh crates and the single new thing I got was the vosh skin for seel squeal. I recycled all the other junk I got and crafted the materials but no luck. 2 months of doing dailies and my reward is 1 single skin? Srsly wtf this vosh shop needs to happen.
I know right!
The RNG is super unfair and it doesn't really improve the games replayability that much. As you will most likely never get the thing you want the most! All you will ever get is duplicates and... Pajamas for Mr.Foster.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
I know right!
The RNG is super unfair and it doesn't really improve the games replayability that much. As you will most likely never get the thing you want the most! All you will ever get is duplicates and... Pajamas for Mr.Foster.

Story of my life, and probably the story of many others as well. I actually remember how hyped we all were when the vosh items were first announced : finally, we would get some items more often, rather than having to craft ten items of the same quality to finally get something worth it!

Welp.

Upvote 0
At this moment i'm have 198kk in vault, and already have every skin that i wanted. Don't see problem here.

The real problem - for what i can use all this 198kk ? :(
So there is nothing wrong with the current Vault Lootbox system? I am very happy that you got all the items you wanted from the Vault loot box system!(y)
But there are many more players like me, Aleflippy and PaholaisenHillo who has yet to get the items we really want. I don't see any point in wasting my time grinding for Vault lootboxes, when only thing i will ever get are face paints and Vault Pajamas...

The Developers of KF2 could easily improve the games Replayability by adding the Vosh Item Shop!
In VIS we could use the Vault crafting mats or the Vosh money as a currency to buy Vault items from the VIS! I would gladly spend another 100 - 300 hours in this game, if i could grind towards the Vault items i truly want!

Upvote 0
To go the way of an item shop like this we would need to protect the system far better than it is now (we trust the client too much currently, but make up for that in part via randomization), and make Dosh only obtainable via official servers.

It would also require a UI overhaul, which currently is not in the resources of the KF 2 team.

Reactions: LunaticMaster
Upvote 0
To go the way of an item shop like this we would need to protect the system far better than it is now (we trust the client too much currently, but make up for that in part via randomization), and make Dosh only obtainable via official servers.

It would also require a UI overhaul, which currently is not in the resources of the KF 2 team.
Ah i see.
But could there be a way to make it so that we would not get so many Duplicate items from the Dosh vault crates? Maybe give us some type of missions to complete that would reward us with different type of Dosh vault item sets/bundles?
For example we would have one week to complete few missions like kill this amount of Zeds with this weapon and win this many HoE online games. And then we would be rewarded with a Vault Blue-Camo weapon skin bundle (mint) or maybe Precious Vault MKb.42(H) Carbine Rifle & Precious Vault Hans Backpack.

But Dosh Vault crates are currently not that great. As you have heard that the Dosh vault Crates often give you duplicates, things you already own. Everytime the developers add new and cool items in the Dosh Vault crate, it gets harder to get Dosh Vault items we really want. For example the Golden Hans Backpack or the Honorable Death AK-12 skin in Mint condition.

What about Dosh vault item crafting blueprints? Could you guys add blueprints that would allow us to craft certain Dosh Vault items? We could use the Vault crafting materials and vault dosh as components to craft these items. Would that be possible?

Or maybe just give the the Dosh Vault crates some type of duplicate protection? I there anyway you guys could improve the Dosh vault crates so that they would not give us so many duplicates?

Anyway thanks for hearing us out Yoshiro. Stay frosty. (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0