• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI, choose the release date carefully...

Both, because bswearer is secretly Peter Pan.:p

Didn't see that one comin, did ya pal?

lol, i was gonna post this yesterday but the thread was closed...apparently it was only temporary :confused:

Hook_9177_Medium.jpg

bangarang Peter!!! :D

really though, i don't think it will matter much when the game is released. there's enough of a fanbase that will buy the game whenever it is released. the game has already received enough press and granted it will also receive tons more, that if people want it, they will buy it and play it regardless. i personally like the "anniversary" release dates, like for RO's 5th or KF's 2nd....good way to tie in the history of the franchise :)

Upvote 0
For those who haven't followed BF3 details here is a video that sums it up YouTube - Battlefield 3 - What We Know So Far (Release, Beta, Maps, Squads, Classes).

Literally the day after that video was posted, EA announced that BF3 will be officially revealed on March 1, 2011 along with other upcoming EA games. EA CEO said to expect BF3 in 2nd half of 2011.

However BF3 isn't a PC exclusive and most likely won't have mod tools, since it still uses Frostbite. Maybe DICE was able to fix their issues in Frostbite 2.0 (BF3) that they couldn't with Frostbite 1.5 (BC2).

RO2 still wins with 3-4 mods in the making. I'll be picking up both :D

Upvote 0
For those who haven't followed BF3 details here is a video that sums it up YouTube - Battlefield 3 - What We Know So Far (Release, Beta, Maps, Squads, Classes).

Literally the day after that video was posted, EA announced that BF3 will be officially revealed on March 1, 2011 along with other upcoming EA games. EA CEO said to expect BF3 in 2nd half of 2011.

However BF3 isn't a PC exclusive and most likely won't have mod tools, since it still uses Frostbite. Maybe DICE was able to fix their issues in Frostbite 2.0 (BF3) that they couldn't with Frostbite 1.5 (BC2).

RO2 still wins with 3-4 mods in the making. I'll be picking up both :D

I think a reveal at E3 is more likely. It doesn't matter though since RO wins out in every single regard vs battlefield, and in the end they ain't catering to the same market anyway.

Upvote 0
OMG, we need a video like that for HoS, I almost got hyped for BF3.

No kidding! I can see it already, oh RO is better already and I'm an RO fan but that's not how I see it.
The marketing looks good and people are talking so their right where their suppose to be.
I'm a little excited just listening to that and it will probably be a good game in it's own right so good on them.
I like games, I just happen to really really like RO!:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm lil sceptic about BF3 its made on a so called new engine FB2.0...and we saw how good FB1,5 was in BC2.

I have a feeling BF3 not going to be equal to BF2,bcause its build around the weakest of all platform the xbox360,if they had PC version made BF3 and BF3MC for consoles than would be different story,but now we are looking into a different way the game is been made.

I think BF fans might get dissapointed wanting big maps,jets,tons of vehicles and 64 players count......

I love to see how this game reveal itself,and if its a failure i want to see how much advertising EA will push in order to trick PC BF players into buying it,but I do hope its true BF game as BF2.

Upvote 0
I think a reveal at E3 is more likely. It doesn't matter though since RO wins out in every single regard vs battlefield, and in the end they ain't catering to the same market anyway.

but both bf2 and ro have things in common - both were released several years ago, and both were great games, as evidenced by being able to load up either game and find populated servers :D

I'm just waiting to see what they do with their jets, whether they model them with the same evil skill curve as the original that started with you not being able to get off the runway, and finished with you having to buy new copies of bf2 because you got banned from every server on the planet :troll:

Upvote 0