• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TW Dev Impostor discovered!

[RO]Wilsonam said:
And why, pray tell, would it it "irritate" you that we speak differently? After all, it was our smegging language first! Personally, I find it gets right on my wick when a bunch of septics can't cope with the English being bleeding superior. And I know a lot of us would be dead chuffed if that toss-pot Blair would get his snout out of Bush's bumhole.

Note: was that enough English in one rant :) ?

I blushed slightly... (british understatement)

And it is just that we never leaned what a fag is in school, but in media dominated by america (e.g. all global media) fag was never ever a cigarette. And concerning "true" english: I think scotts and irishmen speak the best english in the world! I really dig their way to talk, and it is quite a challange to understand, let alone speak it :D Aye!

Upvote 0
THG repo said:
ROFL how can you have never heard 'bloke' before?
Its like a slighlty more formal 'fella', 'dude'.

I guess bloke is kinda more respectable than other words i guess.
One reason is because I can't help being ignorant. Another reason is because I'm not from Auzzieland. I've oftenly heard "homie", "dude", "man", "guy", "gal", or "girl" used, but never of bloke until this topic.

I guess ignorance is a double-edged sword. If you admit you don't know, people will go like "how come you never heard about it?". But if you pretend to know, and people detect your igonorance, they will say something like "OMG, you're so ignorant. Don't talk about **** you are ignorant of". The only Brit terms I've actually heard being commonly used are ****** and bloody.

Anyways, back to topic. Is this a fake poster or not?

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
And why, pray tell, would it it "irritate" you that we speak differently? After all, it was our smegging language first! Personally, I find it gets right on my wick when a bunch of septics can't cope with the English being bleeding superior. And I know a lot of us would be dead chuffed if that toss-pot Blair would get his snout out of Bush's bumhole.

Note: was that enough English in one rant :) ?

*Ahem*

US Revolutionary War. :p

Upvote 0