• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TT33, Pistol sniping at 191 meters

How the bloody hell you guys get such long distance kills with such a low powered round is beyond me.
Maybe it's Stalin's magical powers guiding your bullets into the fascist invador.

Binoculars work wonders. Spot an enemy camper in the far off distance and then unload a clip in that area. Odds are, you are going to hit something.

Upvote 0
How the bloody hell you guys get such long distance kills with such a low powered round is beyond me.
Surprising how many people don't believe that a pistol round is still marginally accurate and lethal at 100m+. Interesting factoid: a 9mm ~125gn charge round will still be lethal (500fps+) at over 1000 yards. Reliably hitting targets at 100m+ with a pistol (and SMG) is the issue, which is a little too easy in RO2.

Reactions: Typewriter
Upvote 0
Reliably hitting targets at 100m+ with a pistol (and SMG) is the issue, which is a little too easy in RO2.

I don't do this because I learned in Ostfront that it's a waste of ammo and time.
For anything at longer range I use the rifle Im carrying, or the MP40 wich works like a charm for semi-long distances (~100m) because of it's relatibly low rate-of-fire and high stability.

It's painfull to see idiots trying to kill someone at long range with the PPSh when they are low level Assault's.

Upvote 0
Simply hitting a target at 100 meters with an SMG isn't exactly supposed to be difficult, not with the volume of fire you're putting out. In the game the SMGs can do it, but not reliably enough to want to gamble on it if the enemy might be shooting back at you, which feels like the right balance to me.

The RO2 pistols aren't accurate past about 40 meters, but why should that stop them from hitting past that? It's not like the bullet should just disintegrate in midair. Fire enough shots and you're bound to see a hail mary hit like that eventually. You may as well complain about rocket artillery "sniping".

Upvote 0
I don't do this because I learned in Ostfront that it's a waste of ammo and time.
For anything at longer range I use the rifle Im carrying, or the MP40 wich works like a charm for semi-long distances (~100m) because of it's relatibly low rate-of-fire and high stability.

It's painfull to see idiots trying to kill someone at long range with the PPSh when they are low level Assault's.
It's very doable to snipe at ~100-150m with a PPSh, and it's a very efficient use of ammo because one taps out one round rather than attempt to hose. Once you have a feel for the bullet drop the first shot is always pretty much bang on target. Against a stationary target I score a PPSh snipe hit like this ~40% of the time.

EDIT: I failed to register the "low level assaults" in the last part of your post! Having tried to snipe with the PPSh in the single player campaign it's just about impossible beyond 50m. Who says that artificial stat boosts don't make good players even better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2 days ago, in a Spartanovka match, I managed to kill 5 fascist in a row with the PPSh, using short burst to the chest from the Upper floor of the Town Hall maybe at ~150m

And I was like I FEEL THE POWER OF STALIN IN MY VEINS, V ATAKU, V ATAKU, HURRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Reactions: Lavalampdrinker
Upvote 0
lucky shots happen?

^if it's just a couple of these every so-so, then I don't think there's a huge problem with the handguns

still, I generally agree with the sentiment that right now it's a bit too easy to aim in most scenarios with almost all of the weapons (not enough sway, too laser-like, whatever it may be due to), except maybe the mg's

game still rocks!

Upvote 0
I'll say it ten thousand times, 150 meters is not sniping. If there was a map where we engage at 500 meters, you could complain if the SMGs were getting all the kills. But since this is largely urban combat using weapons made for open country, it isn't the least bit surprising that the submachine gun, meant for personal defense of rifle section leaders and clearing trenches, dominates the house to house fight.

Upvote 0