• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire Looking for More Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    With the ongoing support we have planned, we are in need of some mature individuals to help us make this game as good as we can possibly make it. With that in mind, we are looking for people who will be an asset and not need a baby sitter. We have some pretty basic guidelines for this...

1. You must be at least 18 years old
    2. You must be willing to sign and be bound by the terms of our Non Disclosure Agreement.
    3. If you are selected, you will be a tester, not a contributor. You will be asked to report bugs, not ask for new features and things of the like.
    4. You will be expected to report bugs you have reproductions for in a way we can understand them and get them out of the game.

If you think you can follow these guidelines and more that will be outlined for you later, send me a PM here. I must tell you, I can be a real pain in the arse, I am generally easy to get along with if you are doing what you asked, if you aren't, I will not be afraid to remove you from the team.

Now that you understand it won't be all fun and games, I have to admit a large part of it can be fun and games as we balance test new content for Red Orchestra including but not limited to new weapons and maps, and for this all we need are live bodies in a server that know how to play RO! (Just like playing in a public game, just scheduled every other day!)

If you want to test and send me a PM, I will be looking at your contributions to the community in the forums here, if you are a troll or flame on these forums, I will see it and you will not be accepted.

This is not a paying gig. You will be a volunteer, and there is no promise of payment,

***My inbox can only handle so many messages, please only submit an app once, if I select you, I will let you know. If you send a PM and my inbox is full, please wait a bit and try again.

This is what I would like your PM to look like. If it does not I will trash it without looking at it.

Real Name - Yes, your real name
    Age - Yes, your real age
    Location - I need a hard address to send an NDA to, and we do not accept PO Boxes (no hiding from us)
    In game nick if it is different than on the forums (this is your postal address where mail can be sent from and arrive from)
    Previous experience if any in testing.
    Verifiable email address - Yahoo and hotmail usually put me in spam so be looking if you use one of these type of accounts

These are our testing hours and days. If you can not be available at these times, please do not apply. We need to fill up servers with everybody on at the same time. All tests last 2 hours (on average). We require that you make at least 1 hour of the test.

Monday
    Euro Testing starts at 1600 Eastern US time (-5 GMT)
    NA Testing Starts at 2000 Eastern US time (-5 GMT)

Wednesday

Friday

Also we will require that you be on IRC at these times. Please go to our community section and learn the programs you will need if selected. Those of you who are not on IRC in our community channel during these times stand a greater chance of being selected as we know you can be there. You can find us on irc.gamesurge.net at #redorchestra .

Thank you for your submissions, I will try and get back to those that are selected as soon as possible.

If in the previous round of testing you sent in a NDA but never received your info packet, please send me a PM with your real name and email. Due to an error on my computer I lost part of my list on what names went to what emails. Also if you did not get selected in a previous round of tester picking, do not let that discourage you from submitting again. I have yet to find a good way to keep a list of past applicants with updated information, this is why we ask that you just submit again.

Please do not submit an application of you do not plan to make it to our test times. We know that many of you would like to see what is going on, however it does not help us or the game if you are not there to help us make it better.

- Edit I would like to add currently we are only testing W and F at 3 PM Est (due to a lack of tester to fill up the other time slots, but we still want more testers so we can reopen other testing times). I also want to mention we like testers who are part of a clan as well (and even entire clans can be invited to test as long as their members can fill the requirments). Remember we are looking for BOTH EU and NA testers.

Another one of those good ol' fashioned bumps for attention. I have deleted all old beta applications from my inbox as it was becoming a bastion of outdated information.

If you submitted in the past and got accepted but nothing happened, please resubmit. If you have submitted in the past and never got an answer (and you haven't pissed me off as of late :) ), resubmit.

If you haven't submitted before and would like to join our test team, please submit. Also to add in we do like clan experience (and even groups of clan testers). I have to give thanks to the RTR guys who have stepped up to the call as of late to help us test. Don't let them get ahead of your clan matches because they know the new maps and weapons! Join your clan up today!

Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.