• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

tripwire, i'd like to sell you a car.

I like how the analogies Jaegar used imply that it was the customers fault for doing something stupid or for having higher expectations of the product in question.

Also the time spent working overtime argument is getting a little weak now. I could understand it if they literally made this whole game in two weeks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like how the analogies Jaegar used imply that it was the customers fault for doing something stupid or for having higher expectations of the product in question.

Also the time spent working overtime argument is getting a little weak now. I could understand it if they literally made this whole game in two weeks.

You don't understand do you? Killing Floor was their income to finish making the game they wanted to make which was RO 2. They don't have an unlimited budget. They most likely HAD to release now to continue to pay everyone. Did you even read the post about the release of RO 2 from Ramm? He details it in there.

They most likely had no choice but to release it this time, I'm sure they probably wanted to delay it a little more but couldn't. This is how game development goes. Some things get pushed out a little earlier than they would like but the money gained can help to continue to support the game. I've seen it time and time again.

Reactions: OneDuck and Xienen
Upvote 0
All of the things you listed don't stop you from PLAYING the game at all.. Are people that an4l that they NEED to see some stupid stats after playing? Or Achievements? Unlocks? The only thing on there that stops someone from playing is crashes, and I have not seen anyone since the last few updates complaining about crashes anymore it seems they solved all of those.

From that alone it is obvious they are taking care of IMPORTANT issues first, stats...... Not so important. If they aren't working then no one is getting ahead of you so you don't need to worry about your precious leveling or stats etc once they are working they'll be working for everyone and you can continue on your E-peen race to the top.
Crashing doesn't stop you from playing the game? Really? That's pretty much exactly what crashing does, but for how long is another matter, that is dependent on the frequency on the crashes. Poor optimisation and server browser issues seriously impact the playability also.

The stat tracking stuff and all the other minor things don't really matter, but that's besides the point. All those add up, and you end up with a game at launch that isn't functioning like it should, the presentation is just horrible.

Reactions: blkmgc and Xienen
Upvote 0
Ramm essentially posted the exact same post as OP in terms of how mildly subtle it was and how insinuating it was.
OP had it coming imho.

I do not disagree completely with OP, but at least lighten the tone.
I think it's perfectly fine that people complain, the game isn't perfect indeed, but the tone has been so radical, that's the annoying part.

For the industry, this launch isn't even that bad (day one patch even!)

This is the problem, guys. We understand that you're not happy and we're doing everything in our power to address these issues quickly, but you gotta watch the tone. Expressing your opinion and dislike for the state of things is encouraged here, but when we see so many expletives flying around, we're not exactly encouraged to listen nor respond.

Upvote 0
Problems with RO2 are worse than some people want to really admit.

I can play the game and game itself is pretty good, sometimes it lags pretty badly (mind you for everyone on the serve, and yes I play on multiple servers), tanks are often totally broken, spamming false positive ''speedhack detected'' messages, performance is REALLY BAD and graphics aren't impressive at all, which I'm fine with but, I'm really not willing to play at low details just to get gameplay without huge framedrops while other games run great maxed out.

Saying that most players don't experience huge lag spikes, broken stat tracking and leveling system, DDE unlocks being available for everyone, buggy tanks, bad performance, crashes or any of these is simply denying the current state of the game.

While I understand it isn't easy for independent studio to make complex game on new engine such as RO2, and I really like TWI as dev studio, I hate to see people (fanbois) neglecting major problems of the game by saying that only a minority of players is experiencing problems (and then it might still be their fault... lol), when it's painfuly obvious this isn't true.

Well I don't really regret the purchase, it's a good game but it still needs a lot work and I hope critical stuff will be fixed soon so we can all enjoy this game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You don't understand do you?

What you don't understand is that I want this game to work believe it or not. It also bothers me that I didn't sign up to be some kind of shareholder in a companies future project.

I understand and appreciate that they will ultimately fix these problems and continue to mod, but you have to admit that this hasn't gone well (for me and anyone I personally know) and we are all a little cheesed off right now, so you will get lots of people complaining about it here on these forums.

Devs just please keep us informed of timescales when these bugs will get ironed out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, Tripwire Defence Force at full...force...in this thread.

His post is perfectly rational.

- Dysfunctional stat tracking
- Glitched achievements
- DDE exclusive weapons not unlocking (prior to patch, but now we got more issues from that)
- General minor features that don't work properly (or at all)
- Poor optimisation
- Server browser issues
- Crashes

I'm sure that 99.9% of all the people who've played the full release have experienced at least 2 of these issues. It's a pretty horrible launch, and people have the right to feel aggrieved over it.

I've experienced more than 2 of those issues, and am not trying to defend tripwire, but this thread is DUMB and provides no contribution to improvement of the game.

Reactions: Xienen
Upvote 0
Devs just please keep us informed of timescales of when these bugs will get ironed out.

They have been to the best of their abilities. You just really cannot give any sort of time frame when it comes to fixing an issue. If they get an issue fixed, that's their time frame. It really cannot be predicted. They've been informative stating when they've found the source to an issue and will be applying it to a fix.

Just keep your eyes out for their Topic Posts.

Upvote 0
I have yet to see one post by [TW] saying or sounding like its not their fault.

You mean like the crack about dissatisfied users putting diesel in a gasoline engine?

Or that the reason the patch was delayed was that the engine, that they spent the last several years developing the game on, makes it hard?

Or pretty much the entire 'Regarding performance' post?

Upvote 0
New Dev Schedule

4 hours a day - Sleep (if you can from the stress)
2 hours a day - Eat (in your office, fast food probably, maybe use restroom too)
1 hour a day - Visit family and children (who cry and say that they miss you)
1 hour a day - Work on game (self explanatory)
16 hours a day - Find every post that you can that has someone requesting constant status updates and write lengthy post that generally gets ignored or goes unread by people requesting another status update.

Yeah, I'm being a smart@ss, but just trying to lighten the mood and be realistic :D

Upvote 0
Honestly, what I personally would like to see is a little more mea maxima culpa on the part of Tripwire. The launch was botched. Badly. This isn't 'Whoops, we missed a spot', this is 'Now where did the floor go..' I think it's reasonable to assume it will get fixed (why I havn't been screaming down Steam Support's ear), but that isn't the point. Reading through this forum there is a massive amount of backslapping and rationalizing going on."

Tripwire has also acquired an extremely loud and loyal group of supporters who essentially press gang anyone who dares to criticize. Has a lot of the criticism been rude and excessive? Sure. But then so has a lot of the response.

****ing this. Between Ramm-Jaegers analogy post and his previous thread regarding performance issues, I can't help but feel thinly veiled contempt for the customers and attempts to shift blame onto them. Then all the fanbois come rushing to back them up "runs fine for me, update your graphics drivers noob"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
16 hours a day - Find every post that you can that has someone requesting constant status updates and write lengthy post that generally gets ignored or goes unread by people requesting another status update.

Yeah, I'm being a smart@ss, but just trying to lighten the mood and be realistic :D

Alternatively make one post and update it on:

1. What you have fixed
2. What you are working on next
3. When the patch will be released to cover the above

And then people only need to start a new topic if it isn't covered in the one post. Please don't insult me by saying "the forums has a search function".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Alternatively make one post and update it on:

1. What you have fixed
2. What you are working on next
3. When the patch will be released to cover the above

And then people only need to start a new topic if it isn't covered in the one post. Please don't insult me by saying "the forums has a search function".

But seriously speaking, most people won't read the first post over again. I imagine they open up a topic and only read the new posts.

Upvote 0
What you don't understand is that I want this game to work believe it or not. It also bothers me that I didn't sign up to be some kind of shareholder in a companies future project.

I understand and appreciate that they will ultimately fix these problems and continue to mod, but you have to admit that this hasn't gone well (for me and anyone I personally know) and we are all a little cheesed off right now, so you will get lots of people complaining about it here on these forums.

Devs just please keep us informed of timescales when these bugs will get ironed out.

I don't have to admit that, you know why? I don't have these issues, I have an OK system, not top of the line by any means and I do not experience lag, or fps issues, or crashing, or anything at all... The game runs beautifully. Sure stats don't work but I don't care.. At all, they willl be fixed eventually. It might not have gone well for some.. But most of the people I play with are playing non stop as am I and we are all having a blast.

Sucks for you.

Upvote 0
I don't have to admit that, you know why? I don't have these issues, I have an OK system, not top of the line by any means and I do not experience lag, or fps issues, or crashing, or anything at all... The game runs beautifully. Sure stats don't work but I don't care.. At all, they willl be fixed eventually. It might not have gone well for some.. But most of the people I play with are playing non stop as am I and we are all having a blast.

Sucks for you.

Oh, well if you personally don't have these issues then they must not exist. Thanks for your insight, kid.

Upvote 0