• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire ever consider Modern Day?

As of the most recent version of Americas Army, you can also drive the Humv and use the Crows AT missile against armor.

For modern realism there is no game better.
The last time I tried the game it was like 300MB in total. Now its 2 and a half gigabytes :eek:.
Not a big deal, but I noticed that it runs very poorly so I checked the system requirements and I nearly fell of my chair.
I don

Upvote 0
Sorry to be picky but OFP grabbed it in 2001 and (under dispute) still is...

"Real" players and servers have them disabled of course. Same goes for crosshairs. Besides, they're just two small parts in a big scheme of realistic things. I'm more distracted about hop in and drive vehicles for example. Anyway, if you want modern day OFP with max. realism, there's a dedicated individual at http://dslyecxi.com/ofp.html providing information and a group to play with. Also, read his Tactical Gaming Done Right article!

Upvote 0
OMFG!!!!!

I can't wait to play it!

If it has as many guns as CS:S, but plays like RO, I'll never play another game again.

AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

America's Army

ENJOY YOUR MEDICAL EXAMS....
I Find America's army to be rather boring... but I admit I didnt really give it a chance...

To my short time checking out AA.... I think RO is better in every possible existing aspect.

OK America's army... to my knowledge... might be a little more realistic then RO... but thats because its

Realism > Fun

Upvote 0
I played AA quite a bit before i started playing RO. Then i only played AA a bit. But after the latest patch, i think that the game went downhill. It had all the content, but it was just too rushed, and came with loads of bugs and glitches, which made it unplayable for me. So now i just play RO most of the time.

AA is a good game, but it just lacks the atmosphere and full scale of battles that RO has. AA got all the weapon details, and overall realism right, but RO just feels like a more wholesome and proper game, and it plays faster to, but stil realistically. RO might not be as realistic as AA, but it sure makes up for it with everything else. And in AA, if you died you had to wait up to 5 mins for the round to end, where in RO you just respawn, which gives the feeling of the amount of troops on the battlefield coming in in waves, or reinforcements as they r called in RO, while keeping it fun

Upvote 0