• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire, do you ever play long games?

Difficulty

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 16, 2015
I don't think you do. Cause if you did, you would realize that the dosh nerf for long games is just too much. It was already a lot easier to play short and medium games, but right now, you're both much poorer in long games while facing more enemies. Doesn't matter which wave. For some reason, I can afford to buy more at wave 5 in a medium game than at wave 10 in a long game. That's absurd.

Reactions: Kothre and clconx
Ryno5660;n2267018 said:
One thing to keep in mind is filling ammo costs much more now, averging 3-500 dosh per gun at times. If you keep autofilling you will not be able to make profit!

+1. Good dosh management includes not topping of weapons you know you'll sell next wave. Let it run dry so you get the most out of your dosh. Also, if you pick up a weapon spawn, use it! Don't turn down free ammo before you sell it.

Upvote 0
Ryno5660;n2267018 said:
One thing to keep in mind is filling ammo costs much more now, averging 3-500 dosh per gun at times. If you keep autofilling you will not be able to make profit!
I never autofill, I only buy the ammo necessary to not run out of bullets too early in the wave. The thing is that you need more ammo in longer games, due to more scrake and fleshpound spawns, but you don't get more money. That's the main reason why you struggle with dosh in long games but not in short and medium ones.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I noticed this too. On Hard difficulty during long games with the new SWAT perk, I do not buy anything but ammo for my main gun and new pieces of my full gear until I get all the pieces of my gear. No kevlar, no nades, not even 9mm ammo. It still takes up to the 7-8th wave for me to get the Kriss Vector (bought the P90 beforehand), so I can start buying armor and nades.

Upvote 0
HunBonus;n2267023 said:
Yeah, I noticed this too. On Hard difficulty during long games with the new SWAT perk, I do not buy anything but ammo for my main gun and new pieces of my full gear until I get all the pieces of my gear. No kevlar, no nades, not even 9mm ammo. It still takes up to the 7-8th wave for me to get the Kriss Vector (bought the P90 beforehand), so I can start buying armor and nades.

this is an issue with SWAT. His ammo costs too much. But its also because a SWAT weapon can carry up to 800 bullets. Thats why the ammo is so expensive.
And you mostly waste your ammo as SWAT, even sometimes you end up with no ammo at all, even if you have 2 guns and the 30% more ammo skills.
Happens only if you hip fire full auto on the body, tho.

Upvote 0
My experience with SWAT is that you never have enough money to get the best two weapons by the end waves (last 2 on 7 wave and last 3 for 10 wave.) I even use single shot for the MP7 and scavenge what ammo I can between waves and during - inc. from Support. For sure I am on full auto for scrakes and FP. But even if I miss a few and focus on trash killing you run out of bullets before the end. This I imagine is bc of the change to spawning nos. of scrakes and fp. More biggies = more intense firefights.

It happens if you start the game but arent in the top 2/3 kill/assist players. If you join midgame its even worse!

I guess it depends on whether TW want SWAT players to conserve ammo or not. Or force players to be in a position that they may have to use the MP7 + one other wpn throughout the entire game.

It gets worse as you level - with the ammo capacity amounts increasing.

Though its probably more noticeable atm bc most games have 4+ SWAT players. ^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2Clicks;n2267064 said:
My experience with SWAT is that you never have enough money to get the best two weapons by the end waves (last 2 on 7 wave and last 3 for 10 wave.) I even use single shot for the MP7 and scavenge what ammo I can between waves and during - inc. from Support. For sure I am on full auto for scrakes and FP. But even if I miss a few and focus on trash killing you run out of bullets before the end. This I imagine is bc of the change to spawning nos. of scrakes and fp. More biggies = more intense firefights.

It happens if you start the game but arent in the top 2/3 kill/assist players. If you join midgame its even worse!

I guess it depends on whether TW want SWAT players to conserve ammo or not. Or force players to be in a position that they may have to use the MP7 + one other wpn throughout the entire game.

It gets worst as you level - with the ammo capacity amounts increasing.

Though its probably more noticeable atm bc most games have 4+ SWAT players. ^^
Yeah, SWAT play is what this thread is based on. But I still think they should either nerf the dosh gain in short and medium games or buff it in long games. Short and medium games shouldn't be this much easier.

Upvote 0
From the last update I only played with the swat at all levels of difficulty.
I think the most unbalanced is Hard. I never been able to buy the best weapons before the boss.
At suicidal and hoe the situation improves, but not too much. If the team is mostly composed of swat, then nobody can share dosh.

Swat are poor, they need help :p

Upvote 0
I have noticed that I get T3/T4 later with SWAT than with other perks, but I've never had to go without one of them for boss. Maybe you're spraying a little too much? It does get a lot easier once you hit level 10 and unlock the dualies skill. Not only do they 1-shot all trash, including gorefast, but their ammo is dirt cheap. I just run my MP7 dry and don't bother filling it (except from Suppliers and ammo crates) and just roll with my dualies until I can buy my T3/4.

Upvote 0
Gregs2k2;n2267122 said:
We only ever play long games. The dosh feel just about right.
Yet each and every time you show us some gameplay footage, without exception, it's on medium. You've also stated that you view medium as the "standard" game mode. Oh well.

As someone pointed out, it gets much easier for SWAT to save money with the Close Combat Training perk, so I don't struggle with dosh in long games any more. I guess I can live with short and medium games being ten times easier (even though they unlock the same achievements for less effort, unlike in KF1 where most of the maps only had achievements for long games).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Difficulty;n2267128 said:
Yet each and every time you show us some gameplay footage, without exception, it's on medium. You've also stated that you view medium as the "standard" game mode. Oh well.

As someone pointed out, it gets much easier for SWAT to save money with the Close Combat Training perk, so I don't struggle with dosh in long games any more. I guess I can live with short and medium games being ten times easier (even though they unlock the same achievements for less effort, unlike in KF1 where most of the maps only had achievements for long games).

We play hard/long games usually. I cannot remember the last time we played on medium/other length. The last video I uploaded on KF2, the dosh changes weren't even implemented.

Last edited:
Upvote 0