• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Tracer Bullets

futurenhler said:
lyke doz greEn lzrs
just jokes but
what is the real point of tracer bullets? is it like to aim with the windage or whatever or what? i have alwas wondered
i always thinks in any of the darker maps it gives away the MG position

dont u watch tv i mean when the war in iraq started u should have seen some atleat

every 2 or 3 rounds u stick in a tracer round

if i am correct it also helps at night when it is hard to aim through iron sights so the tracer rounds are wat u use to determine where u are shooting

and i think u might be able to turn that video in for the capture of osama binladen LOL

Upvote 0
anaesthetics said:
the MG is a support weapon after all.

Unless you're German.

Let me explain, typcially, the American infantry tactic was for rifleman to be the head of the assault, supported by the machine gunner.

This is the common conception of a role of the machine gunner, however, German forces used the machine gunner as the main force of their attack, This machine gunner was supported by the riflemen.

Upvote 0
Norden said:
Tracers are also used to penetrate it's target. As specially on small vehicles.
I've heard stories of british para's at Arnhem bridge where they used to shoot on german light vehicles with tracers, eventually the vehicle ends up burning.

Hmm iv never heard of that but I do know that allied airmen would sometimes use them to set small buildings on fire

Upvote 0
Wacko of War said:
dont u watch tv i mean when the war in iraq started u should have seen some atleat

every 2 or 3 rounds u stick in a tracer round

if i am correct it also helps at night when it is hard to aim through iron sights so the tracer rounds are wat u use to determine where u are shooting

and i think u might be able to turn that video in for the capture of osama binladen LOL
You mean the Attack on Iraq right?
And, i don't really watch news all to often, im busy watching sports

Upvote 0