• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Top 10 Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your proud that you don't work to support yourself, or that you're not spending your time getting educated, and instead waste, yes WASTE your life on PC games?

I play lots of games, and have for years, but after a certain point it's literally a waste of time. Go get some excercise, read a book, get a girlfriend or something.

I really hope you're a kid and will grow out of that mentality when you get into the real world. Otherwise getting high ranks in a game is something to be looked upon with pity, not admiration.

^
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection[/URL]

Upvote 0
Expect me to be one of the first 10 to get to hero rank. I am a hardcore gamer and am expecting to play at least 10-15 hours a day I don't work or go to school. I am an elite gamer at heart, cya on the battlefield.. lookout for me(or don't Ill always be watching you).

-twreck:cool:

I hope you are trolling

But there are people like you

So I'm not so sure

/end haiku

Reactions: Clowndoe
Upvote 0
Expect me to be one of the first 10 to get to hero rank. I am a hardcore gamer and am expecting to play at least 10-15 hours a day I don't work or go to school. I am an elite gamer at heart, cya on the battlefield.. lookout for me(or don't Ill always be watching you).

I bet that is also your pick-up line :D

Well good luck, since there is a huge sh*tload of very good RO players out here... and really really THANKS for opening a thread for this information :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I dont want you in my team. The guys who usually claim themselves as badass gamer, the top ranked players etc, fail really bad.

Upvote 0

You're conflating playing time with skill, you know. Playing all day won't rank you up faster if you don't play well ;)

Good luck though :p

Upvote 0

you ever played RO1? if you haven't by the time you get hero status youll look like this:

Attachments

• imagesCA0N1J85.jpg
    imagesCA0N1J85.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0

Well... expect me to be the first one to step on mine, get cutted in half by MG42, get killed by friendly grenade when too eager to clear room, get shot and splattered by tank on your uniform, get diarrhea from outdated cans of beans and get interrogated by NKVD for blindfire killing leading officer. I don't go to school or work, I play at least 4 hours in a day and when I get one of the jobs I'm currently applying... expect me to play at least 1-2 hours per day. See you on the battlefield, look out for me... or I WILL draw the MG fire on you!

I am gamer for fun

Upvote 0
I honestly see nothing wrong with his post.

During Iron Cresendo I have done 8 hour shifts on some weekend days....
Back then I did work during the week and had no girlfriend... had fun...

If he is really into gaming, I see nothing wrong with it... No one pulls that off for very long periods of time and from the sound of it... he should be 14 to 18 years old....

He is EXCITED for the release of the game as we all are...

Advice to reading a good historical book is nice...but I don`t think it`s trooling or all that serious.

Best thing is to suggest looking into recording his gameplay and practice making videos... so he can learn editing. If he likes it then encourage reading tech forums for tech specs or computer languages or graphic design...

One who loves PC Gaming should look into it starting from a young age.

A kid who plays insane hours isn`t sad... it only gets sad if one does it for multiple years... at that point does turn to a sad waste.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dat dude ain't 14-18

If he were, he'd be in school...which he says he isn't

and yes, video games are typically a waste. If all you do is interact with visual stimuli (on the monitor) then you really haven't gained much. But on the other hand it could be argued that all "life" is is the interaction between the individual and presented stimuli; what difference does it make if one is on a PC and one is grass blowing in the wind?

and I'd have to say I've learned a thing or two from my years of playing video games; so I can't say it's been a complete waste of time.

btw; nobody liked my haiku?

Upvote 0
Dat dude ain't 14-18

If he were, he'd be in school...which he says he isn't

and yes, video games are typically a waste. If all you do is interact with visual stimuli (on the monitor) then you really haven't gained much. But on the other hand it could be argued that all "life" is is the interaction between the individual and presented stimuli; what difference does it make if one is on a PC and one is grass blowing in the wind?

and I'd have to say I've learned a thing or two from my years of playing video games; so I can't say it's been a complete waste of time.

btw; nobody liked my haiku?
I agree. About the Haiku [Inserting Grammar nazi mode], you do not start a sentence with 'but'. trollface.jpg
Wasn't bad actually. :)

If he isn't doing anything oh well, get over it. It's the internet and people are going to say what they want and do what they want.

Who cares what age he is? I'm 16. The ESRB, Pegi, etc. ratings don't state "A person under the age is not allowed to play". The ESRB says this about the "M" rating- Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language.

Ratings are based on age due to the fact of maturity (unless it's rated A for adult <.<). I may not be 17 but I can handle most games content. I remember when I was around 8 years old and I watched my dad playing "Return to Castle Wolfenstein". What happened to me was a perfect example of when someone is not mature enough to handle a games content. I got nightmares from that game, I got crap scared. XD A video game is a video game, nothing more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.