• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Nop, i meant visual snow. Someone posted wiki page as i see.
And yes, i agree BC2 did a good job with sounds, except for guns. Explosions were awesome, but weapon sounds were just pure rubbish. They were nothing compared to real.

Can we change this forum from Red Orchestra 2 to Tinnitus Sufferers Unite? :D

Upvote 0
One time i fired a 1911 with my headphones around my neck by accident. Instant pain and deafness. Only had to do it once, makes you wonder how those poor soldier boys had to put up with all the noise and explosions.
I am related to a person that was a artilleryman in the 19th century. He got his ears so badly damaged that it caused some of his children having bad hearing (no joke), some of their children too and so on. So here I am, about 150 years later with somewhat bad hearing because of it :/

So yeah, it wasn't fun for the soldiers back then

Upvote 0
I am related to a person that was a artilleryman in the 19th century. He got his ears so badly damaged that it caused some of his children having bad hearing (no joke), some of their children too and so on. So here I am, about 150 years later with somewhat bad hearing because of it :/

That doesn't make any sense... Sounds like a family myth.

Reactions: Slappy Cromwell
Upvote 0

So yeah, it wasn't fun for the soldiers back then

Lamarck at its best :p

Upvote 0
That doesn't make any sense... Sounds like a family myth.
Nope, actually it was a doctor that was having a look at my grandmother and listening to her stories about how alot of persons in the family had hearing problems, her included, and started to do research into it. The whole thing ended with a book with the family tree and a meeting of where all the descendants of that artilleryman where invited, where they did audio tests and blood samples. So yeah, alot of loud explosions can cause a genetic disorder.

Upvote 0
Nope, actually it was a doctor that was having a look at my grandmother and listening to her stories about how alot of persons in the family had hearing problems, her included, and started to do research into it. The whole thing ended with a book with the family tree and a meeting of where all the descendants of that artilleryman where invited, where they did audio tests and blood samples. So yeah, alot of loud explosions can cause a genetic disorder.
Genetics don't work like that, if you chop the arm off every person in a family tree for 2000 generations it won't affect the chance of a kid being born without an arm. Odd set of coincidences no doubt, but something like a damaged hearing does not pass on via genes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Genetics don't work like that, if you chop the arm off every person in a family tree for 2000 generations it won't affect the chance of a kid being born without an arm. Odd set of coincidences no doubt, but something like a damaged hearing does not pass on via genes.
We got it explained back at that meeting but i cant remember much of it since i was around 8 or so at that time and didnt care too much about it. It might no be a "genuine" genetic disorder but ALOT of persons on my fathers side of the family has this problem and it all traces back to that artilleryman.

Upvote 0
We got it explained back at that meeting but i cant remember much of it since i was around 8 or so at that time and didnt care too much about it. It might no be a "genuine" genetic disorder but ALOT of persons on my fathers side of the family has this problem and it all traces back to that artilleryman.
who might have had a hearing problem prior to it in any case

Upvote 0
Yea getting ear-damage during your life can't be genetically passed on. Your children aren't born with broken legs if you conceive in plaster.

Then why is the human race not a set of superior human beings with no faults? There's a reason why camels can see through their eye lids. To quote Jurassic Park... "nature finds a way".

Upvote 0
Yea getting ear-damage during your life can't be genetically passed on. Your children aren't born with broken legs if you conceive in plaster.

Quoted for obvious truth. Quit being silly people, There is no way an explosion damaging your hearing will change your genetics. That's like saying a spider biting you can change your genetics. Spiderman wasn't based on a true story.

Its a coincidence, and he probably had damaged hearing already, and the explosion just made it worse.

Upvote 0
Then why is the human race not a set of superior human beings with no faults? There's a reason why camels can see through their eye lids. To quote Jurassic Park... "nature finds a way".
following your logic this would mean humans have been perfect in past times. since we're talking about how defects can be achieved through life and then passed on.

evolution isn't perfect, probably because nothing ever is

Upvote 0