• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Time zone change resets some config files

Thread is about config files resetting twice a year because of Daylight Saving Time, please do not hijack it for other problems. We already don't have answers for this specific documented problem, so if you guys start to add more random problems to the thread that will not help at all.

Any official answer about that problem? Is it something you don't care at all? don't know why it happens? makes you laugh at us European twice a year? Just want to keep this problem in because you hate us? Come on it's not like this problem is in your games since 2011..... It's just 6 years ignoring this problem. I have other UE3 game where my config files DO NOT RESET (one of them resets the resolution but ask you if you want to ggo back to desktop resolution, after a single click problem is solved, no inputs reset)so you can do something about it..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I looked up the UE3 source, and it seams it gets iniversion out of default ini time stamps. Since the day-light saving change does effect the binary value representing the timestamp (so that OS can display them as unchanged). I guess easiest solution for now would be to locate KF2 default config files and either delete/rename them or wipe them empty (files located in i.e: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\KFGame\Config) to stop engine from overwriting settings back to defaults.

Tripwire would have to replace the iniversions to instead of being represented as integer value to be stored as date string value for a more accurate comparison (blame this issue on some smartass @ Epic for thinking this was a good idea). 18

Reactions: SCArchon
Upvote 0