• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Thoughts On the New Forum UI From the People Who Matter

I don't like it it seems like amateur job. For a big video game company I think paying someone to do the job could be a good option to have a personalized and functional theme. Maybe a VBulletin theme contest needs to be done? :cool:
I don't like the fact you can't collapse forums anymore on the main page. There are so much forum we don't want to see, now I end up more in NOT looking at the forum I'm interested in because sorting all relevant forums is just boring after two days of use.
I don't like the colors they are all too much to an extreme and do not represent the company but more the current KF 2 color scheme. I'm not against a KF 2 theme (and I think having multiple selectable theme in our profile could be great too..), but I'm all for a more good looking theme so if it is a KF 2 theme let it be better and more KF 2. Having three skins could be good, a TWI grey/yellow one, a KF 2 black/red/orange/ light blue one, a RIsing Storm 2 one. Yeah having three of these would be cool, three good professional looking theme with good functionalities in it like collapsible forums
I don't care the reputation system.
The forced WYSIWYG quick reply thing is not that bad if a more common old style bbcode normal reply function was also here.
It is missing bbcodes buttons. overall the new quick reply box is not intuitive, the most used features are hidden behind buttons.
Uploading pictures is ridiculous you end up with an icon uploaded where you can't see ****.
and so on..

I like the fact that is new forum engine, with newer features and web technologies (having just the content of the page loading instead of the whole page is fun).

Upvote 0
Not sure where they are going with this all. But I'll mention a few things.

- If they are working new post search, it would be great if you could look at all, or break it down by game. Example: I have little interest in KF2, so most of the time I'd like to exclude the flood of those posts.
- I have signed out of a couple of browsers on certain computers and I am completely unable to log back in on those; it says my username and/or password are wrong.
- I haven't mentioned it yet but this is older. Every time I look at the new yellow Tripwire name all I can see is the yellow logo for the Christian rock band Stryper. Is it just me? I never like that new look.

PS: My signature and profile picture have gone missing...

Upvote 0
nejcooo;n2257671 said:
Meh old one was just fine. Why change what works?

This. The old one was ok. I don't like the font size and style of this one at all. The avatars are even smaller I think which is hilarious - its 2k16.. The color scheme hurts my eyes and I consider myself having a strong eyes. The grey background was perfect since the grey is considered as the most neutral color for long time staring at it lol. I used to work as designer for buildings using AutoCAD and when I began using it I was with black font - it destroyed my eyes after long time staring at the screen, then I tried with white - even worse, then I read that about the grey color and tried it - it was perfect.

Just my opinion tho but I think if there's a theme with grey background and larger font, the new board may be alright.

Upvote 0
Agree with everything said above, even with the Stryper logo thing :D

logo.png

Upvote 0
its a bit hard to see which topics are active and not. I feel that i have to scroll a bit too much to get to the subfora i want to check out. Its not really obvious what changing the customization options actually does. Would like to see an example of what gets changed specifically next to it if possible.

Upvote 0
No Title

It now starts looking like the old forum.

My thoughts about paying some professionals to create custom styles can still be a thing, with RS 2, KF2, DWARF, or anything else ralated to TWI as a theme for the forum style.

There is a search box at bottom of forum main page.. with an error message in it.
Forum error popups have white on white text ( like "changes made will be lost. Would you like to continue?" message)
You can't delete attachments. Here also white on white text ("Photos Edit Photos") You can edit multiple attachments but the last one you can't.

What about the possibility like on the old forum, to collapse forum on the main page? There are too much forums and being able to collapse/hide the forums we don't want is a good thing. Please bring that back it is easy to do I can help if you want (but I can't actually test as this is a paid board). You can already do that with the current style, you can collapse/expand some boxes at bottom of forum, just reuses what you already have on the forum titles.

Attachments

• photo17554.png
    photo17554.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0