• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Third Person Mode

=[PMC]= breakfast

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
Germany
I think it would be a cool idea if a third person mode would be made .
Not like the F5 third-person, a view above the shoulder but so far away that you can almost see the whole body and an haircross,... ok no crosshair would be better i think ;) .
I think it would be alot of fun to explore Killing Floor in that view :D

Last edited:
I think it would be a cool idea if a third person mode would be made .
Not like the F5 third-person, a view above the shoulder but so far away that you can almost see the whole body and an haircross ;) .
I think it would be alot of fun to explore Killing Floor in that view :D

You can change the view distance and the angle for the build-in 3rd person mode, but you cant level up perks when using it meaning most servers wont allow it.

Tho I dont know why its not allowed, its much harder to aim and I think you cant even aim up or down, just sideways. Only use I can think of is peeking around corners without exposing yourself but how often youd really need to do that?

Btw theres also a topview mut out there, check the map called KF-RainyDay

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally I liked how MGS4 did 3PV... and also Hitman. Ironically I actually move more when in 3PV instead of FPV while firing... and still keep decent accuracy.

As for how UT2004/KF does 3PV... yeah... any vertical angle to make on a shot won't work. Maybe someone can make a mutator to have a 3PV.

Upvote 0
It seems obvious to me that the first-person view and lack of crosshair are fundamental to the design of Killing Floor, so I would have to say no, this is a silly idea.

If you want a burger, get a burger. If you want a hot-dog, get a hot-dog. Both of those things can be good on their own, but don't try to combine the two, it will only end in disappointment :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
You can change the view distance and the angle for the build-in 3rd person mode, but you cant level up perks when using it meaning most servers wont allow it.

Tho I dont know why its not allowed, its much harder to aim and I think you cant even aim up or down, just sideways. Only use I can think of is peeking around corners without exposing yourself but how often youd really need to do that?

Btw theres also a topview mut out there, check the map called KF-RainyDay

You can aim up and down, i tried it with Ravager and a Chaingrinder on the KFl 32 slot server.

It's really f*cking difficult, and you'll most likely end up dead/injured, but it's possible.

I would not recommend it for serious play however.

Upvote 0
You can aim up and down, i tried it with Ravager and a Chaingrinder on the KFl 32 slot server.

Well it certainly isnt efficent then cause killing crawlers on 3rd person is a real pain without crouching and when I threw nades they always seemed to land on the same distance dispite moving my mouse up/down.

And arent the sidescrolling and topview muts made using the 3rd person mode (or so Id assume), and you cant aim up or down on those?

Reactions: Benjamin
Upvote 0
Well it certainly isnt efficent then cause killing crawlers on 3rd person is a real pain without crouching and when I threw nades they always seemed to land on the same distance dispite moving my mouse up/down.

And arent the sidescrolling and topview muts made using the 3rd person mode (or so Id assume), and you cant aim up or down on those?

yes, they're made with the same codes so the player cant aim up or down

in 3rd person view normally you can look up and down but your bullets will always go to the front angle, no matter how high or low your aiming

Upvote 0
Let me introduce to "POV" or "POWN" as I like to call it :) if you can change the "point of view" in first person shooter games it means you get a really "OP skill."

here is a video from soldier front. you can see that he "ducks" down, spot his target, aim. and the dead guy dont get a **** what just happend :D
(do not play this game its uber crap XD)

‪Sfront Shang Own‬‏ - YouTube

think how OP the team would get if they knew what was coming? not taking damage from corner crawlers, husks, easier kiting for FP's even :O and you will even spare time because you dont need to go around the corner to check if thers anything coming. saving up 1sec on each "corner check" would be life saving!

and no crosshairs either thank you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lacedaemonius
Upvote 0
Let me introduce to "POV" or "POWN" as I like to call it :) if you can change the "point of view" in first person shooter games it means you get a really "OP skill."

here is a video from soldier front. you can see that he "ducks" down, spot his target, aim. and the dead guy dont get a **** what just happend :D
(do not play this game its uber crap XD)

‪Sfront Shang Own‬‏ - YouTube

think how OP the team would get if they knew what was coming? not taking damage from corner crawlers, husks, easier kiting for FP's even :O and you will even spare time because you dont need to go around the corner to check if thers anything coming. saving up 1sec on each "corner check" would be life saving!

and no crosshairs either thank you :)

Is that a joke? Exploiting 3rd person view on PVP FPS with few players and fixed spawn points is not exactly the same as pitting you against 200 specimens which spawn all around you. Have you actually tried playing with third person in KF?

Sure you can peek around corners with it but thats not gonna do you much good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is that a joke? Exploiting 3rd person view on PVP FPS with few players and fixed spawn points is not exactly the same as pitting you against 200 specimens which spawn all around you. Have you actually tried playing with third person in KF?

Sure you can peek around corners with it but thats not gonna do you much good.

um what about fp. rage meter? and btw theres alot of wallglitches in 3rd person...:(

Upvote 0
um what about fp. rage meter? and btw theres alot of wallglitches in 3rd person...:(

In what situation would you need to peek around an obstacle using 3rd person to avoid it being raged? The rage meter resets soon after you break line of sight so theres nothing stopping you from doing the same thing on first person mode. Not to mention if there are still other specimens in the game theres no time for playing around.

The only use I can think of is modifying the angle and distance so you could quickly take a look behind obstacles in maps that allow it (outdoor maps mainly) to plan your path when escaping from the mob but it wouldnt be that useful in the end cause the specimens might still spawn right behind the next corner after you checked it.

Upvote 0
It seems obvious to me that the first-person view and lack of crosshair are fundamental to the design of Killing Floor, so I would have to say no, this is a silly idea.

If you want a burger, get a burger. If you want a hot-dog, get a hot-dog. Both of those things can be good on their own, but don't try to combine the two, it will only end in disappointment :rolleyes:

I've actually had a hotdog burger. Was pretty good. Just grill two hot dogs, put them on top of a burger, put normal condiments on and viola.

As Jules Verne would put it, it was a damn tasty burger.

Last edited:
Reactions: =[PMC]= breakfast
Upvote 0