• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Wild Bunch & Tripwire Interactive's 50 player test server

actually, the ragdolls are calculated by the client pc's, most of the time the ragdolls act diffrent on every pc. Although it could be changed with a mod if the server had a physics Processor unit.

That part is too bad, as sometimes for concealment it would be good to hide behind a body for a few seconds... knowing the other guys doesn't necessarily see it the same way as you kinda wastes your efforts to hide.

Upvote 0
Although it could be changed with a mod if the server had a physics Processor unit.
I think if Tripwire Interactive does this, and they succeed, they might get a big deal with Ageia if they release the adapted code to Ageia.

It is indeed a very promising idea.

This would be of course soley for destructible meshes (ie destructing buildings), rigid-body physics (syncing positions for ragdolls and objects), etc.

But the number 1 priority IMO is optimizing (or if necessary, completely rewriting with optimalisations for RO gameplay) the dedicated server code, or perhaps the entire engine for multi-threading. (for both multi-core processors as multi-threading like Hyperthreading)

If Tripwire Interactive does one of these two options, they truly are gods! :D

id Software did it already in 1997 with their new Quake 3 engine which had support for the then new dual-CPU (2x Celeron/Pentium III/Xeon and multi-Cyrix) computers/servers.
Even though probably a little more then 2000 gamers on the entire planet owned such a system, they specifically built it for multiple cores/processors.
Or possibly they did the engine aswell because you could run the server from within Quake 3 like most games today.

As if they knew it was coming! :D

Upvote 0
Physics is done pretty much entirely client side, the server does nothing. Even for bullets, all the server does is pass to the player the initial velocity and position of each bullet then let the clients machine do the actual processing on it.
Yep, the Karma ragdoll physics are completely done client-sided, and I believe that the RO ballistics system syncs each projectile with the server.

However, it would be nice if someone makes a dedicated server which grabs the physics data and processes them using the PhysX API so that the PhysX hardware calculates it.

But that's something that might be interesting for [email protected].

And I'll keep stressing that we need a multithreaded dedicated server as long as we don't have it! :D
If you have more spare time and while you're at it, please adapt the low-level code to use multi-threading aswell plz! ^^

Upvote 0
TKing on 50 player server

TKing on 50 player server

Butch, CalamityJane, someone at The Wild Bunch please help!

After waiting weeks I finally was able to get onto The Wild Bunch 50 player server tonight at around 10:00PM Eastern time and wouldn't you know it there were two guys playing on the Axis side that did nothing but TKing the entire time I was there. It was so frustrating that after say 10 minutes I had to leave as many before me had done!! Guys on the map said they had been doing this nonesense for a while and no one could stop them! No admin was present to handle these clowns!!! We kept vote kicking them out or they got themselves kicked for TKing, but they just kept coming back!!!! Also there was a guy playing at that time that just kept repeating, over and over again "F*** You." It really bit Guys!!!!!
Please there has to be a mechanism in place when there are no admins present to some how keep this crap out of the 50 player test server at the very least. Perhaps when a player gets repeatedly kicked over and over the server could "lock them out" for at least the night? We tried asking, pleading, begging, and finally cussing at them to stop, but they just kept doing it!
Here are the two players names:

Strac
SAERD

I am asking the admins at TWB to please check you logs from tonight on these bone heads and permanently ban them from the server. They will probably just change their player names, and be back again, but at least some action was taken to give these idiots the message that they or their juvenile tactics are not welcomed in this community!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
NEWS FLASH!

This applies to everyone.

When on a server with problems players:
1) if at all possible...take a screenshot of the scores or of the infraction
2) bring down the console (usually the ` or ~ key)
3) type: listplayers
4)get the problem player's GUID
5)email or PM the admin of the server in question with the screenshot date, time, map, playername and player GUID.

Don't expect the respective admin to ban your every whim and fancy, and don't expect him to do all of the legwork for you either. Taking the time to document the incident and provide pertinent details will go a long way toward your credibility.

Upvote 0
NEWS FLASH!

Don't expect the respective admin to ban your every whim and fancy, and don't expect him to do all of the legwork for you either. Taking the time to document the incident and provide pertinent details will go a long way toward your credibility.

I don't and I would not! Sorry I did not know my credibility was in question, I was not the one Tking my friend. I do not know what GUID is either, sorry. It was on the 'Mannikkala" MCP2 map. I wrote down their names and posted them here as I did not know what else to do, I remove my request for a ban, you can do what you want now! Ban or not, play with them or not, I honestly do not care. This was not a knock against TWI or TWB and their admins, just a request for some help so I could enjoy the 50 player server at least once.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
awws so cute - abused poor victim asking for help and unbiased admin serving immidiate justice right on the main page of forum - brings tears in my ears :rolleyes: how sweet of you guys to personally protect innocent and ban evil tkers although I personally think you just pathetic losers tripping on your powers... :cool: i came to conclusion after having a small icq chat with old school gamer by the name of "A_Sergeevich" - he also pointed out he was banned for not doing ANYTHING wrong just some "abused" 13 year old got mad for him not to share tank with him and went on forum like that asking for random "justice" - i didnt believe at first, i kinda had good morale image of devs but not anymore... thats why i play only on timeproved servers like CORENA and 13th and avoiding other b class servers...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow! :D
Why the anger? :eek:

You must not have read my post in its entirety.
Specifically, "This applies to everyone."
I was not singling you out, nor was I questioning your specific credibility.
I am not even an admin on TWB's server.

I was merely giving those experiencing similar problems on any server a way to pinpoint problem players and make the admins aware of them. And how to make the request credible.

The GUID (or ROID) is a unique player ID hash that every player has. No matter what handle or name they give themselves this ID remains the same. You can find that ROID by the method I described.

Now you and everyone reading this thread know what to do and how (I at least)to report problem players. People may choose to act on it or not.

Upvote 0
Wow! :D
Why the anger? :eek:

You must not have read my post in its entirety.
Specifically, "This applies to everyone."
I was not singling you out, nor was I questioning your specific credibility.
I am not even an admin on TWB's server.

I was merely giving those experiencing similar problems on any server a way to pinpoint problem players and make the admins aware of them. And how to make the request credible.

The GUID (or ROID) is a unique player ID hash that every player has. No matter what handle or name they give themselves this ID remains the same. You can find that ROID by the method I described.

Now you and everyone reading this thread know what to do and how (I at least)to report problem players. People may choose to act on it or not.

Floyd;
Thanks for the information, I did not honestly know any of that. Sorry for venting my frustration towards you, but I was so PO after leaving that server and wanted to hang those two guys up by their you know whats. I know they were trying to get under our skin, which they did, so they accomplished what they set out to do! I should not have even acknowledge them let alone post their names, giving them their 15 seconds of fame as it were! My apologies again, know now you were trying to help I and appreciate the knowledge for how to deal with this in the future.

Upvote 0
Tks

Tks

I have been tked a number of times on the 50 server. I guess the more players the more chance of tks. Most of the time they are unintentional and an apology usually follows.

When there are guys out there doing it intentionally, it is a serious pain and can make you upset. I was on the stalemate map and one guy named Korean kept shooting me in the back out of spawn and grabbing my smg. I was an assault class and I think he was rifleman. 3rd time it happened I was mad so I went after the revenge tk (I know that's immature but I was mad at that point). I found him in a nice spot behind some sandbags with my smg and popped him from behind. One of my teammates saw me do it and popped me. I tried to explain what happened through chat at spawn but then Korean popped me again. It was a mess. I will now post GUIDs here when I know there is someone deliberately doing tks.

Suggestion: Maybe a session ban would work. By the time the next map loads the server will be full again and the tkers will have just as much of a challenge to get back on the server as I do.

Upvote 0
I've noticed a few problems as well. Some cases of people simply spamming the same voice command, in this case "Anti-tank soldier!" every few seconds. I imagine it was probably a bind that modified all his keys so no matter what he hit it spammed that voice command. This person had no name. Literally, the name field was blank.

Another interesting player, simply known as . would sit in the Russian spawn on Arad using a PTRD to disable the Universial Carrier and preventing the Russian Infantry from even getting into the fight and was single handled reponsible for a defeat or two.

From now on I'll get screens and GUID's though as it's often VERY difficult to get enough people to vote kick.

Upvote 0
I must stress again to those players who experience unruley behaviour on these extremely busy servers.

Please contact TWB direct using this email [email protected] or report the incident on our forums at http://www.twbclan.com/ if an Admin is not around with the full ID and guid of the player/s concerned and if possible a screenshot or two.

We are more than happy to ban these unwanted characters from our servers.
The more help we get with regards to these types of players the more we can all see them disappear from everyones servers as we are more than happy to share our banlist with other ROAdmins.;)
We have ourselves placed players on our banlist supplied to us by other RO Admins of players who have behaved in a similar way on other servers so this is becoming an inceasing problem on busy RO servers.
I suppose its an unfortunate by-product of the games growing popularity but the more we can do to offset the behaviour of these cretins as a community by helping Admins to snuff it out the better.:D

Upvote 0
Butch, CalamityJane, someone at The Wild Bunch please help!

After waiting weeks I finally was able to get onto The Wild Bunch 50 player server tonight at around 10:00PM Eastern time and wouldn't you know it there were two guys playing on the Axis side that did nothing but TKing the entire time I was there. It was so frustrating that after say 10 minutes I had to leave as many before me had done!! Guys on the map said they had been doing this nonesense for a while and no one could stop them! No admin was present to handle these clowns!!! We kept vote kicking them out or they got themselves kicked for TKing, but they just kept coming back!!!! Also there was a guy playing at that time that just kept repeating, over and over again "F*** You." It really bit Guys!!!!!
Please there has to be a mechanism in place when there are no admins present to some how keep this crap out of the 50 player test server at the very least. Perhaps when a player gets repeatedly kicked over and over the server could "lock them out" for at least the night? We tried asking, pleading, begging, and finally cussing at them to stop, but they just kept doing it!
Here are the two players names:

Strac
SAERD

I am asking the admins at TWB to please check you logs from tonight on these bone heads and permanently ban them from the server. They will probably just change their player names, and be back again, but at least some action was taken to give these idiots the message that they or their juvenile tactics are not welcomed in this community!

I personally admin both 50 player servers from 7am until at least 12 midnight gmt. Our other admin also log in when they can. All our admin go out to work, & are not able to sit up all night. I work at home & that is the reason I am able to spend around 17 hrs a day at it ( :eek: 17 hrs what a shame I dont get paid for it I would be rich now. ;) ) but even I have to go afk at times.
We will search the logs for the 2 named players & ban them from both servers. Luckily you stated it was Mannikalla & as only 1 of the servers has that map in its rotation we know where to look.
You also mention somebody repeatedly swearing. I agree, it grates me too to see it typed on screen . I always warn people where necessary but if it's in voip then people need to inform admin on screen so we are aware of it. If there are no admin present you do have the option to mute him.

I have been tked a number of times on the 50 server. I guess the more players the more chance of tks. Most of the time they are unintentional and an apology usually follows.

When there are guys out there doing it intentionally, it is a serious pain and can make you upset. I was on the stalemate map and one guy named Korean kept shooting me in the back out of spawn and grabbing my smg. I was an assault class and I think he was rifleman. 3rd time it happened I was mad so I went after the revenge tk (I know that's immature but I was mad at that point). I found him in a nice spot behind some sandbags with my smg and popped him from behind. One of my teammates saw me do it and popped me. I tried to explain what happened through chat at spawn but then Korean popped me again. It was a mess. I will now post GUIDs here when I know there is someone deliberately doing tks.

Suggestion: Maybe a session ban would work. By the time the next map loads the server will be full again and the tkers will have just as much of a challenge to get back on the server as I do.

There are far more apologies on screen now from people than there were in the beginning. I constantly put up a reminder on screen *Warning* If you accidently T'kill Please Apologise. It really does work. But at the same time it is best to type up on screen if someone is Deliberately T'king rather than retaliate. Action will be taken if admin are present, if there is no response do as Floyd says & just get what information you can & forward it to us. Ok they might not get banned there & then but they will get a suprise next time they try to join the server.

I've noticed a few problems as well. Some cases of people simply spamming the same voice command, in this case "Anti-tank soldier!" every few seconds. I imagine it was probably a bind that modified all his keys so no matter what he hit it spammed that voice command. This person had no name. Literally, the name field was blank.

Another interesting player, simply known as . would sit in the Russian spawn on Arad using a PTRD to disable the Universial Carrier and preventing the Russian Infantry from even getting into the fight and was single handled reponsible for a defeat or two.

From now on I'll get screens and GUID's though as it's often VERY difficult to get enough people to vote kick.

Shadowbanex . did get banned from the server last night. I logged on to that server as all the screen messages were going up & also the fact that several people were vote kicking the same guy. He was banned immediately & I also posted up to all concerned that he had been banned. Again it would help with screens or guids etc or as last night, people typed up on screen exactly what was going on. Sometimes you do see people trying to kick someone simply because they were accidentally t' killed by someone, again the reason why I encourage people to apologise. Someone deliberately T'king never apologises & repeatedly carries out his campain.

Upvote 0
NEWS FLASH!

This applies to everyone.

When on a server with problems players:
1) if at all possible...take a screenshot of the scores or of the infraction
2) bring down the console (usually the ` or ~ key)
3) type: listplayers
4)get the problem player's GUID
5)email or PM the admin of the server in question with the screenshot date, time, map, playername and player GUID.

Thanks Floyd for your support.:)
Lets hope more players who just want trouble free gaming read this. It really is relevant to all servers & their admins.
If you could add to no.5 The name or ip of the server.

Upvote 0
Thanks to everyone at The Wild Bunch for trying to police their servers, and imo you are doing a terrific job. I understand people have lives and it is all but impossible to admin a server 24hrs a day but seems like you guys at TWB just about do! That is why I was asking for info on a way that servers can set up a mechanism to handle abusive players automatically. Who knows maybe someday? Again I have nothing but admiration for the TWB for undertaking the task of the 50 player concept. It appears to be going well from reading all the posts. In the future I will go to your site directly with the info regarding this type of action. The guy doing the swearing last night was on VOIP, which made it that much more annoying. I did not know you could mute someone without muting all! Sorry for my ignorance of all the ability built into RO to lessen the effect of these types of players. Thank you Butch and CJ from TWB for all you do and for all your help. Also a big thanks to Yoshiro from TWI for immediately upon seeing my post going into the server to try and correct the problem. You guys are terrific! Again my apologies to Floyd and thanks for the valuable info Guy!

Last edited:
Upvote 0