• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Wild Bunch & Tripwire Interactive's 50 player test server

Actually, I like it when the trouble making morons, idiots and myself are on a server other than mine. :p I promptly jot down the PlayerID's of the fools and add them to my ever growing ban list.

But seriously folks, I'm sure most admin/server owners would appreciate players taking the time to provide the day, time, map, name and PlayerID of idiots found playing on their servers when no admins are around. Don't run here and make public postings about them, but contact the admins through the appropriate channels. You, the quality playing public, are what make or break a good server. Don't expect miracles, though. Be judicious with your accusations and help be a part of the solution instead of a distraction.

Floyd

Upvote 0
Actually, I like it when the trouble making morons, idiots and myself are on a server other than mine. :p I promptly jot down the PlayerID's of the fools and add them to my ever growing ban list.

But seriously folks, I'm sure most admin/server owners would appreciate players taking the time to provide the day, time, map, name and PlayerID of idiots found playing on their servers when no admins are around. Don't run here and make public postings about them, but contact the admins through the appropriate channels. You, the quality playing public, are what make or break a good server. Don't expect miracles, though. Be judicious with your accusations and help be a part of the solution instead of a distraction.

Floyd

Exactly.

This has worked for me before and it works well.

Theres no need for a slagging match or heated exchange of swear words etc, record the relevant info and provide screen shots for evidance (if possible) then present it to the server admins.

OPTION:
Before all the above, mention to the moron that you have taken his GUID and if he/she persists in any more "infractions" he will be reported to server admins. This may (rarely) have the disired effect.

Upvote 0
Hello there, i joined late yesterday night for the last round on berezina.. Let me say it was an horrible experience.

****** was there (alias RTR Sgt Focker), throwing nades in german spawn and then kickly changing to allies (for the points). Then he started to block the spawn exit, etc, etc.. We had to tk him over and over again.. Anyway we painfully launched a votekick and after 10 mins he was kicked (check your logs for the ID).

When i finally managed to get out of spawn alive, there was a russian tanker behind our lines, firing round after rounds at our freshly spawned HTs and ppl getting out of spawn (i don't know how he managed that).

I think it's time to apoint some night-time admins (last time i joined ****** was also tk'ing left and right in Kaukasus). :confused:

Anyway thank you TWI and WBunchers for that marvelous server/experience.

Upvote 0
Hello there, i joined late yesterday night for the last round on berezina.. Let me say it was an horrible experience.

****** was there (alias RTR Sgt Focker), throwing nades in german spawn and then kickly changing to allies (for the points). Then he started to block the spawn exit, etc, etc.. We had to tk him over and over again.. Anyway we painfully launched a votekick and after 10 mins he was kicked (check your logs for the ID).

Thanks for the info \\<.Adnauseam We are doing our best with ****** and have more guids to add to the ban list as soon as we are able to close down the server for a while. If you can pm me the time roughly gmt that he was around it will help with searching the logs.

It would be great if more people would take up Floyd and CatMangler's advise.

At the other end of the scale. If we banned everyone we have been asked to ban on screen I would say up to 40% of the player traffic would be gone, & the majority of that are just accidental T'kills.

Floyd

Upvote 0
I noticed the following bug, which only occured to me on this server:

Leaning often does not register server-side. When you fire, the bullet hits the wall as if you are not leaning. You also cannot rest your weapon when this bug occurs, while normally you can.

Anyone else noticed this?

This is indeed the case. Doesn't matter if you are on the ground or standing, if you lean around a corner to shoot, the shot hits the wall or whatever right in front of your face. I kept thinking it was some kinda map design issue (custom maps) but apparently not.

Keep up the good work guys!

Upvote 0
Played last night on this server. Around 9.30pm-10.30pm UK time. Players were spawning on Berezina without weapons, apparently. On Bondarevo, I had enemy tanks materialising in front of me (most disconcerting) and also saw a few that appeared to lack turrets (no, not stgs). Off topic, it was great to see a number of new players trying out RO for the first time and some constructive use of voip later on in the evening. Good job with the server guys, it adds a new dimension and keeps the game fresh.

Upvote 0
I got the no weps bug many times on Berezina last night. It was made even more frustrating by the fact that I could often not pick up other people's dropped weps.

I played as a rifleman and could occasionally pick up a dropped Kar, to find that I actually had 9 clips on me, but I could NEVER pick up dropped nades (making me believe that, like the clips, I actually had them but just couldn't access them) There were no weps on my HUD when I spawned.

I saw the 'shrunk turret' bug a few times and also saw T-60(BT-7)'s turrets warping in and out of existence.

BTW - 2,001st post W000t!

Upvote 0
I was also there last night and the last couple of rounds of Berezina were very frustrating:
- I ALWAYS spawned without a weapon and could not pick any other weapons.
- To me, ALL tanks spawned without a turret. The turrent became visible only much later. Sometimes newly spawned tanks only had a hull-MG, no hull or turret were yet visible!
- Some enemy tanks were apparently completely invisible to me, while my driving clanmate screamed over TS there was one right in front of us. After we died and got a new tank, those enemy tanks started to become visible to me, first their turret followed by there hull.
- My own and the enemies tank-shells were always invisible, so the only way of knowing I hit the enemy was by my driver telling me.
- Sometimes after getting in a tank I seemed to float above or next to it or it appeared like I was starting to fall through the ground. One time when this happened I couldn't even move or get out anymore and had to wait until someone shot me.

This all started after the 2nd or 3rd round of Berezina. Before that, I had no problems at all. My clanmates didn't never experienced any of these problems. Then when Bondarevo started and all my problems were gone.

Upvote 0
Lovely server, but some lagg and some bugs (when looking around a corner, you shoot on the wall :()

Hope this will be solved asap...
This is not a bug i think,it is related to lean bug,where you could shoot ppl with only exposing the tip of your helmet and they fixed it(i think) and i must admit, it enhanced effectiveness of MGs a bit.If they redesign or remove the tracers,MGs will be what they are meant to be.

Upvote 0
This is not a bug i think,it is related to lean bug,where you could shoot ppl with only exposing the tip of your helmet and they fixed it(i think) and i must admit, it enhanced effectiveness of MGs a bit.If they redesign or remove the tracers,MGs will be what they are meant to be.

Removing the tracers is no problem, I did that once in a small primitive mutator.

Upvote 0
Those experiencing problems with the leaning stuff it maybe because the server has the NEW CODE but you the clients do not...;)

As for the no weps and missing turrets stuff thanks for posting guys I think TWI will be very interested..To be honest everytime I go on I don't get any of the bug stuff, Kinda feeling left out really..:( ...Why me, why can't I find a bug...:confused:

Upvote 0
First few days I had a load of fun with this server, I even got to tank with Ramm a bit, but recently it appears that with the increased amount, you get a greater number of idiots and its all the more obivous because of it. I realise that when there isnt an admin available 24/7 there not alot that can be done about it but it is really annoying to see guys driving your (limited) supply of tanks off the map or tking in spawn.

Also, there seems to be a bug where you cant pick up weapons occasionally.

Upvote 0
With everyones help we are slowly getting rid of the idiots and they are being banned by our Admins.

We have had a great many players contact us with names and info on troublesome players and we wish to thank you all for your help.

It is an extremely busy server and will of course attract these sorts of players who are looking for their 15 minutes of fame by causing problems for the vast majority of descent gamers who play on the server.

Please continue to supply TWB with Info on players who cause trouble on the server and we will take the appropriate action to deal with them.

Upvote 0
First few days I had a load of fun with this server, I even got to tank with Ramm a bit, but recently it appears that with the increased amount, you get a greater number of idiots and its all the more obivous because of it.

Yeah, it seems the smacks are drawn to the 50 player server like moths to a flame. I think TWB are doing a great admin job, though. Earlier today, we had some freak who had apparently forgotten to take his Ritalin spamming the "I will kill you" voice command, and he was booted very quickly.

I just hope the TWB guys are being ruthless and handing out permabans. There are so many people wanting to play on this server that permabanning idiots on their first offence would have absolutely no impact on the server population. No mercy, lads.:D

Upvote 0