• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

Satellite Reign. It's really coming along as it nears full release. Totally turning out to be a prettier Syndicate. My only quibble is that I really dislike the tone of the writing. So friendly and pleasant for working for a dystopian future corp.

aaah thanks for the reminder. I have it installed. played Abit after EA release. ;)

Upvote 0
Finished The Witcher 3. Without going to spoiler territory, the last portion of the game got bit silly, the final boss was perhaps the biggest joke I have seen in years, the plot pacing in contrast to other gameplay was pretty skewed at times, and overall difficulty went from somewhat challenging to almost complete steamroll past early levels.

Otherwise pretty good, if tiny bit repetitive even by RPG standards.

Upvote 0
Finished The Witcher 3. Without going to spoiler territory, the last portion of the game got bit silly, the final boss was perhaps the biggest joke I have seen in years, the plot pacing in contrast to other gameplay was pretty skewed at times, and overall difficulty went from somewhat challenging to almost complete steamroll past early levels.

Otherwise pretty good, if tiny bit repetitive even by RPG standards.

So, basically just like all the Witcher games? :p

I remember being distinctly like "WTF is this ****" at the end of Witcher 1. It went off the rails pretty hard, the ending was trying to be so epic it was almost embarrassing, and there was no challenge.

Upvote 0
So, basically just like all the Witcher games? :p

I remember being distinctly like "WTF is this ****" at the end of Witcher 1. It went off the rails pretty hard, the ending was trying to be so epic it was almost embarrassing, and there was no challenge.

W1 at least had the credit of some foreshadowing (and perhaps playing with the books as well since the writer lent some hand in the production AFAIK) despite being rather weird, W2 at least concluded on reasonable note (IMHO) considering what set the plot in motion while W3 simply fumbles all over the place. The endings offer good closure but the last gameplay and plot happenings before it essentially turns into epilogue... eh. I suppose extreme anticlimax suffices.

Funny how each installment manages to bear some flaws of their predecessors, one way or another.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One of my favourite games of all time has been rereleased on GoG! Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri. It's made by Looking Glass (of System Shock and Thief fame) and is a power armor sim/tactical shooter hybrid that was way ahead of it's time. It's what got me into tactical shooter games in the first place!
Despite me having the original box somewhere in my parent's basement, I rebought in on GoG. Here's a short Let's Play of me:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg6OqyjomJI

EDIT: Did youtube embedding change again? Or is it disabled?

Upvote 0
Some Grimrock 2, Killing Floor 2 and Sleeping Dogs Definite Edition.

The Hong Kong in Sleeping Dogs is more like a movie studio backlot than a real city. Much prefer the cities in Mafia 2 and L.A Noire, even though there is less to do the attention to detail and general quality make them feel more alive and less cartoonish.

Upvote 0
Yeah it's really nice. I managed to 100% Grimrock 1 but finding Grimrock 2 a lot harder. Got to get a Farmer to level 10 next :D

Also they've registered a bunch of domains related to Mafia 3. Mafia is one of the greatest PC games of all time and Mafia 2 whilst not as good was still leaps and bounds ahead of other open world games in terms of characters, voice acting, world detail and story. Can't wait for Mafia 3 :D

Upvote 0
Yoshis-Wooly-World-456x400.jpg

Upvote 0
Really tempted to buy that Yoshi game.. I wanted the limited edition of it with the amiibo, but can't find one for a reasonable price where I live. Either they are already sold out or they cost like 75 euros, which is a ridiculous price

..tons of DCS..

I love DCS, decided to put it away for the time being though.. Really looking forward to DCS World 2! I hope they improve the multiplayer netcode for it, the huge lag spikes and planes warping everywhere are not only terrible looking, but also dangerous to your own plane- especially when flying in a close formation

Myself, I've been playing loads of Attila:TW, Rome 2:TW, Medieval 2 and occasional Skyrim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I went back to garrysmod but it's not the same. The physics seem a little wonky and much more inconsistent and buggy than I remember. It seems like you can build the same thing 3 times and one time out of three it won't work right. Trying to relearn wire mod, I used to be able to wire cars that would seek out and run over players, and robots that would follow you around and play music. All I can manage right now is wiring up a simple pod controller to some wheels and thrusters. Can't find any good space build servers either. Back in my day, things were simpler!

Upvote 0
Rust. I hate it, but I love it. I am probably the most unluckiest and harassed players on this server I play on, despite having a group. Build a house, get raided. Get good stuff, somebody chases me, game crashes, die. Find a tiny costal house behind rocks, make it mine, 5 minutes later, raiders come to this part of the world not even visible to most players, die. I Die, die, die. I scream, I freakout, I lose my ****, I uninstall it, but I keep coming back. 10/10 best game ever

Upvote 0
Been playing a bit of Mordheim, City of the Damned the last few days. Did a couple of quick LPs on another forum.

Mordheim is like one of my most cherished table top experiences. It's got the troop leveling of Bloodbowl and Necromunda, with the WHF theme and style of grimdark. I was sailing over the moon when they announced game.

It's still in EA and not ready for prime time, but all in all it's fun to play 1 off skirmishes against the AI. The levels are absolutely ginormoius and have more detail in them than most TBS games I've played. It's as close as I think any game has gotten to truly recreating the depth and intricacy of table top set pieces.

Upvote 0
I'm knee deep in the fetid darkness of the Darkest (Dankest) Dungeon.

I love this game to pieces, but oh my ****ing god is it frustrating. It's so random, and every bad random thing has cascading consequences for your party. Did the game roll an abnormal amount of hunger checks so you ran out of (What normally is enough) food? Everyone loses HP and gains stress. Take a massive crit which the heals in game are specifically designed to struggle to come back from? Have some more stress, in addition to a party member on the edge of death. Do you enjoy minibosses? How about 1, 2 or even three per level, who are an order of magnitude tougher than the bosses you just killed in a lower level dungeon.

I don't think I've ever played a game whose theme I adored this much, and whose mechanics pissed me off this badly.

Upvote 0