• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

That pretty much explains why I switched to Saints Row after playing GTA IV and realizing it wasn't actually a GTA game.

I just got Dynasty Warriors 7. It's a lot closer to the older DW games and the DW Gundam games than 6. The missions are much shorter and simpler, which makes them much less frustrating (no more sprinting across the map to save an officer only to have him die before your eyes) but also a little bit too easy and short. You can now carry two weapons, and every character can use every weapon, though they'll only reach their potential with one weapon type, which feels somewhat limiting considering how many choices there are. So far, I think I prefer DW6 and Gundam 2 to this one.

Upvote 0
L.A. Noire (Xbox360): Amazing facial animations. Sometimes you forget you are watching a videogame.

Red Orchestra 2 and it's awesome : )

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

*calms down*

I read somewhere that they used a special new technology for animating the faces where they actually took videos of the actors saying their lines and then implemented the tons of footage they got for each line into the game. Can't remember the name, read it in one of those free magazines they give in airports but have thrown it away....

Edit: pfff the gray letters won't show on quotes...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

*calms down*

I read somewhere that they used a special new technology for animating the faces where they actually took videos of the actors saying their lines and then implemented the tons of footage they got for each line into the game. Can't remember the name, read it in one of those free magazines they give in airports but have thrown it away....

Edit: pfff the gray letters won't show on quotes...

Here:

YouTube - ‪L.A. Noire video game: motion face capture HD trailer - PS3‬‏

Looks genius. Any news of a PC version yet?

Upvote 0
After watching the trailer I have a question to those of you who have played it. Do you find their expressions over emphasized to the point where they are trying to impress you with their new technology or more down to normal levels? I am more questioning the acting here, because despite being a huge technological advancement, the result seemed a bit overblown and full of excess drama just to emphasize it even more. I can't really comment though since I have never ever touched the game, just wondering...

Upvote 0
After watching the trailer I have a question to those of you who have played it. Do you find their expressions over emphasized to the point where they are trying to impress you with their new technology or more down to normal levels? I am more questioning the acting here, because despite being a huge technological advancement, the result seemed a bit overblown and full of excess drama just to emphasize it even more. I can't really comment though since I have never ever touched the game, just wondering...
See for yourself
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-la-noire/17-4133/

Upvote 0
Just finished Far Cry (1) for the first time. (Back then when it was released I always stopped once the trigens appeared) And I really have to say: what a mediocre game. I activated godmode for the last 3 levels because I couldn't motivate myself to finish it regularly. Of course the graphics were awesome at the time and are still good with mods today. And gunplay is actually pretty good. But besides that, mission design is extremely simple and boring after some time, the trigens are annoying and most of all the story is completely retarded and the presentation of the story and characters is simply crap, with retarded dialogue to broken synchronisation(non-moving lips etc) and overall stupidness. Crysis and Crysis 2 is worlds better, so Crytek really must've evolved.

So right now I'm playing:
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood(although right now I kinda lack the motivation to continue playing)
Test Drive Unlimited 2 -> same

Today I also played some BF2 Euro Forces (for the first time) -> it was actually pretty nice and to my surprise the netcode was perfectly fine too and I actually hit the enemies. Also installed Brink but probably not gonna start playing till the next few days.

Then my copy of Witcher 2 still didn't arrive after 14 days which means amazon.co.uk has to investigate now. Not that it really matters so much as I'm not going to start playing it before I haven't finished Assassins Creed: Brotherhood which will still take lots of hours. But I want the damn package already because I paid for it.

Reactions: Nimsky and Xendance
Upvote 0