• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The truth

Razvanss

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 5, 2011
I'm so sick and tired about these people,so many who want tanks,bayonets,halftracks,zoom,mortars,bunkers,pistols,sounds,artilery,spawn,crounch,blood...My GOd people you are going insane,you all want realistic!!!!!!!!What is wrong with you these days,we all play computer games,the reality of life is never going to be on a PC!I'm in a lot of forums,this is the only one who is so criticised not anly about RO2 but the other games in Gaming section,the more the devs are responding to you the more you are stabbing them,this is not fair!There are many things to say but I will stop here,on other forums nobody will answer to you and will delete your posts of complaining but TWI didn't and you ask now from them their ''lives''!And for the fact this is not an pro or anti TWI devs or players,is just an fact that we are going crazy,including myself in some posts!
Never forget this,RO1 was never realistic,maybe a ''realistic' game,but nothing else!
Long live Return to Casttle Wolfenstein!!!:rolleyes:

I'm so sick and tired about these people,so many who want tanks,bayonets,halftracks,zoom,mortars,bunkers,pistols,sounds,artilery,spawn,crounch,blood...My GOd people you are going insane,you all want realistic!!!!!!!!

I'm perfectly fine with things not being exactly 100% realistic.... it's a video game. But I do want some level of content in the game like what was in the previous RO's and it's taking too long....

.... You're sick and tired of these people?

Well I was sick and tired of all these RO Classic moaners a month after launch, but it didn't stop these people from going on a rampage for the last few months until they finally got what they wanted.

Going insane?

Speaking for myself, I haven't gone insane anymore than any other day. I've publically stated my concerns for the game, my lack of interest in RO Classic, and stated what would bring me back into playing the game. I made no threats, I didn't insult any of the Devs, I didn't rage all over the place, pulling out my butt hairs.... I stated my position, I explained in detail my position and that's it.

I'm not losing any sleep over any of this.

What is wrong with you these days,we all play computer games,the reality of life is never going to be on a PC!I'm in a lot of forums,this is the only one who is so criticised not anly about RO2 but the other games in Gaming section,

I've been in dozens of forums, covering a wide range of things, from games, political, social, etc... and what I see in here is nothing new. You should have been in the Planet Half-Life forums back when HL2 was being worked on..... these forums got nothing on them.

Perhaps you should have been in the older RO forums for the Mod or when RO1 first came out..... again, none of this is new, the topics are just slightly different.

... the more the devs are responding to you the more you are stabbing them,this is not fair! There are many things to say but I will stop here,on other forums nobody will answer to you and will delete your posts of complaining but TWI didn't and you ask now from them their ''lives''!

"Lives"..... show me where this quoted demand was posted in these forums.... that sounds like a death threat to me and anybody who has done that should be banned on the spot... possibly also having legal action taken on them.

But my guess is that you're just exaggerating, much like the rest of your post is an exaggeration.

And for the fact this is not an pro or anti TWI devs or players,is just an fact that we are going crazy,including myself in some posts!
Never forget this,RO1 was never realistic,maybe a ''realistic' game,but nothing else!
Long live Return to Casttle Wolfenstein!!!:rolleyes:

Uh huh.... RO1 (a game) wasn't realistic.... but it might have been realistic?

That makes sense.

RO1 and even ROCA were video games. They introduced more detail, more immerssion and slightly more "Realism" into their video game than most of the compitition..... but it wasn't Real. RO2 isn't Real either.

They're all video games, meant for entertainment & fun. If I wanted something excessively realistic to the point it wasn't really fun to do, I'd join the military.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Arguments either side of the "Realism Divide" rarely lead to anywhere to be honest, turns into a ball of hate about the definition of realism and why everyone else's ideas are wrong because it doesn't conicide with theirs; and there is a truth in that people who arn't happy speak out a helluva lot more than thoes that are content with just playing the game or wanting little tweaks (Maybe even just some extra content, who knows..;)).

Chances are, this thread wont make it much past this few hours.

Reactions: TrOOper
Upvote 0
lol... I remember at some point making a thread exclaiming my hate towards haters... if that makes any sense...

Wasn't my brightest day or post really... :eek:

Can't say I disagree with everything you say but...
Internet forums... They are not to be taken too seriously. Just enjoy the fact that TWI has built one amazing community... (As long as you realize that like everything else, nothing is perfect :p)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
These forums are not that bad. We have a few people that whine about little things...but for the most part respectful bunch of lads we have here who general care about the state of the game.

As for as realism goes, the thing every one needs to understand is it's an opinion. Yes if its AWFULLY unrealistic thats one thing. But it really comes down to opinion. And pleasing gameplay.

Cause lets all be honest, if this game was 100% realism....we would get one life and be put on guard watching a horizon for hours before somebody attacked.

I did 15 months in Iraq, war can get REALLY boring some times. Hated tcp guard

Upvote 0
Razvanss you are behaving as a TWI *** kisser.
There are more bots than players online, so if you see us asking for a better product with the objective to turn this messy little game in something actually fun to play, just shut up and go play with bots, I'm sick of these guys writing bull****.
Now you go back to school and learn to read properly becouse you didn't understand......saizer!

Upvote 0
GOd people you are going insane,you all want realistic!!!!!!!!What is wrong with you these days,we all play computer games,the reality of life is never going to be on a PC!

Damn right all we want is realism!
As many before me mentioned, we come to RO for realism. If I just wanted to play some cheap fast paced game I'd play CS:S or some sh*t.
The reality of life is never going to be on PC you say? Probably true, but game devs are getting pretty damn colse to it. Ever heard of the Combat Mission series?

dafuq?

Upvote 0
These forums are not that bad. We have a few people that whine about little things...but for the most part respectful bunch of lads we have here who general care about the state of the game.

As for as realism goes, the thing every one needs to understand is it's an opinion. Yes if its AWFULLY unrealistic thats one thing. But it really comes down to opinion. And pleasing gameplay.

Cause lets all be honest, if this game was 100% realism....we would get one life and be put on guard watching a horizon for hours before somebody attacked.

I did 15 months in Iraq, war can get REALLY boring some times. Hated tcp guard

Indeed... most in here have their opinions and their likes/dislikes.... and people debate them, sometimes heated..... but it's just a forum and it's just a game.

And I agree about games and realism.... if it was 100% as real as it could get, then the moment you died in the game, the game would shut down, uninstall and you'd never be able to play it again, because you died & shouldn't be able to come back. :cool:

Damn right all we want is realism!
As many before me mentioned, we come to RO for realism. If I just wanted to play some cheap fast paced game I'd play CS:S or some sh*t.
The reality of life is never going to be on PC you say? Probably true, but game devs are getting pretty damn colse to it. Ever heard of the Combat Mission series?

dafuq?

At least try not to speak for everybody in here, because you don't.....

You may come to RO for realism, but others in here don't. I've been playing since the UT2004 mod and was hooked, but not squarely because of "Realism".... RO brought a different approach to FPS's, it brought a different approach to WWII FPS's specifically, it focused on the eastern front and wasn't just another carbon copy "US Saves the World War Shooter"

The additional realism aspects brought into the game are a very good bonus, but it's not why I kept playing RO.

If I was wanting that much of a hard on for Realism, I'd be looking for a simulator..... or I'd just join the military.

I play RO because RO is a Video Game. I play it to have fun.

The other thing that brought me into RO was the attention to detail brought into the game..... to some, that means realism..... to me, it's something different.

And if RO's path is to be nothing but realism, to the point of a fault & reduction of enjoyment as a video game, then I probably wouldn't be playing for much longer.

Just because others here play RO for different reasons than your own, that's no justification to tell them to go play "CS:S or some Sh*t"

We already have a small handful of players to play with online due to dismal player counts in recent months.... all we need now is for people like you to act like a jerk to everyone else and suggest they go somewhere else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm so sick and tired about these people,so many who want tanks,bayonets,halftracks,zoom,mortars,bunkers,pistols,sounds,artilery,spawn,crounch,blood...My GOd people you are going insane,you all want realistic!!!!!!!!What is wrong with you these days,we all play computer games,the reality of life is never going to be on a PC!

Okey, I'll just walk outside grab a mosin nagant rifle off the ground hop in a universal carrier and tote off to the frontline to defeat the fascist invaders! Oh wait...

I play games to (as realistically as possible) experience things that I want to experience but never got the chance to and most likely never will.

People here in the states say "join teh armies!" but I want to fight AGAINST fascism not for it.

Reactions: lods of emone
Upvote 0
@OP
The solution for you is to NOT read this forum then I guess. The game is not what it should be or what most of us expected. The forums serve as a voice to express different views on the game and to discuss those and possibly help to influence the devs decisions.
Just like your post! Well just that I see very little truth in it....

What "realism" in a PC game means is up for discussion, isn't it. I do not see any harm in this.

Upvote 0