• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Support Forum.

I agree with the OP that the game is becoming very frustrating. I have put a fair few hours into the game and want it to succeed but I have spent as many, if not more hours on these forums and trying to fix problems. One thing I am really starting to hate is players coming on here telling those of us with problems to "stop moaning, they are working on it". Ok, Im pleased your game is working but for lots of us, it just is not and if they are working on it...let us know about it. I seem to have pretty much every problem on here. I really don't know where to start. From the shonky browser to double IS's, Crashes, sound problems etc etc.

I have trawled the posts trying fix after fix and the frustration is mounting. On average I have to restart RO2 3 times to get servers in the browser list. If I refresh they are gone forever until I exit the game and start it again. I also get the blue paused on the conection screen which I often sit staring at for up to 5 minutes. Then as I have waited so long am greeted with a "server full" message. And this is just one of many problems. Yes before you ask, I have tried all the fixes and also 3 different routers and still no luck, and the "weak router" comment is actually quite condescending from Yoshiro. Weak? It cost

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh well, not exactly what people wanted to hear but at least they know you are aware of it now. I fixed it by buying a soundcard :eek: Incidentally if you contact EB and report the issue they say there is nothing they can do and to contact Realtek, who give similiar advice.

Thanks Yosh.

EB is working on the issue. They are working with some users who have it. However they feel the root cause is with the realtek drivers, but so far Realtek does not appear to want to address it on their end.

Upvote 0
EB is working on the issue. They are working with some users who have it. However they feel the root cause is with the realtek drivers, but so far Realtek does not appear to want to address it on their end.

Yeah it's a familiar situation. I got a dialogue going with a support tech from Realtek and he basically said his hands are tied :rolleyes: It's definitely a Realtek thing though imho, because as soon as I got their drivers off my pc the freezing vanished.

Now we just need some some gameplay tweaks :IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They are aware of the problems. They lurk the forums. That's very obvious. Unfortunately, I doubt it's possible to give replies to every thread and every post. The future has to decide whenever they listen or not.

Then, there is another side of it: A lot of people do complain. Not just about the stuff mentioned in the first post in this thread, but other things aswell, regarding the coregameplay and the most important one - The direction this brand have taken. That is probably the most important question people want an answer to and when that's done people will either stay here or leave regarding on the outcome of all this.

Upvote 0
...Case in point. We fixed an issue where next to nobody would see servers in the browser. Now the majority do, but there is still an issue where weaker routers see the flood of traffic from steam as an attack and shut it down. We did not address that yet, and are looking into what we can do with Valve. We have tried several things so far working with our external testers who experience it but nothing yet has solved the issue. We continue to work on it and it has a high priority.

Interesting, however I thought my Netgear router WNDR3300 was a decent router in the very least and not a weaker one.

Glad you are working on it though.

Upvote 0