• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2 "Work In Progress" Video/Image Thread - All Welcome!

I didn't! lol Used the cooked files from Drecks. Everything looks/works great now and we have the server file on a rented server however we are still just free roaming...can't spawn. Getting a little help on this issue but if anyone has ideas let me know. Also if anyone wants to try the server/player files out on their server to see if they can spawn let me know.

Upvote 0
Well after some more work on the map I ran the updated files on our test server and guess what?
IT WORKED!!! :D

However here comes the funny part...when in to play a little before releasing to the public servers and I forgot to change blocking settings for the vegetation (grass was stopping bullets!). So fixed it and hopefully getting some help from Drecks to cook the file as for some reason I cannot cook my own maps...strange?

Once I get the cooked files I will run a couple of more tests on our private server and then hopefully release the map for some Saturday night gaming.

Again Harley and Drecks thank you for the support!

Cheers!

shake

Upvote 0
Nice, i would actually love to see those AT guns on multiplayer (custom) maps, but we would need proper maps for this. Ogledow/Bridges would be good, but it's still hard to balance/implement for a good gameplay..
The thing with those AT guns is, that, if they are only statically placed like those HMGs, they will be pretty much useless. If, and only if you or anyone else is seriously considering them to implement it for multiplayer games, they have to be fully animated and moveable.. and this would be a heck lot of work :(

Upvote 0
This is a simple projectile test.
Red Orchestra 2 - AT Projectile test - YouTube
A test with an AT gun. My idea is to make them fully operational.
I may make Flak 88s and Mortars aswell.

No idea how this would behave Online though. I will have to look into it.

I also managed to make Weapon pickups! :D

I can't wait to see a functioning AT gun in-game. Really sweet work man. By the way, would it ever be possible to make a fully functioning one, kind of like this?

How to operate the PaK40 - gm_ordnance - YouTube

Upvote 0

Attachments

• shot08.jpg
    shot08.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 0
  • shot16.jpg
    shot16.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pak40... How to make :p
I just inform you that in RO:Ost, static AT guns were "tanks", without the ability to get into the driver pos.
If you entered the "vehicle", it changed your pos to "commander";
You were unable to switch to driver;
So... TWI/Modders, i dont have the time to make it... isnt so hard to script/skel it, i will do it after RS if others dont have time or kraft.

You need to...
1. Write a entering vehicle(TWI will help you :p) script
2. Create a Pak 40 "tank", without psihical driver, and avoid entering the driver pos as in RO:Ost.
3. Kill the bolsevik bastards...

My idea is far complex, about the Pak40...I keep it for me :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi all,

I want to show some screenshots of the old windmill, I'm currently working on. It is the first 3d model I've ever created.

It is possible to go into the windmill and climb up a ladder to enter second floor. It is a fine perch for snipers. (I hope "perch" is the right word)

The windmill consists of 3 "damage groups", which can get destroyed separately. (roof incl. 2 wings, left- and front side incl. 2 wings, right- and back side). Screenshot 3 shows complete destruction.

Hope you like it...

Regards

screen1.png

screen2.png

screen3.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0