• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Radio Man

Upvote 0
Fine for the U.S., but when I think of the Eastern front for either side, I think telephone wire or fixed radios. I don't think I've ever seen a German or a Russian with a radio on his back.

They did have man portable ones, but unlike the Western Allies I don't think they were generally used by the average front line unit. I think the Germans preferred vehicle mounted ones instead. And lacking a command vehicle that could mount such a radio... I don't see that happening in RO2.

Upvote 0
it could work with a fast paced game, it all depends on how skilled and responsive the commander and radioman are at their roles

and about the radioman role.....how would he be motivated to stick near the commander?....well personally I think that idea someone brought up of a proximity radius would be good....while within the proximity radius (say 10 yards around the commander) the radioman will recieve +5 for every 30 continuous seconds he is within that radius, and he also shares kill assts. with the squad leader while he is in that radius.......his weapon choices would be M1 Carbine, '03 rifle and M1 rifle, 2 frags, no sidearm

Last edited:
Upvote 0