• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Price, the Pre-order and the DLC

KomradeTuniska

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2016
A quick 3 questions to the Devs :
1)What price are you launching the game on?
2)Are you planning to launch a pre-order on steam?
3)Are you planning to release DLCs after the main gate launch?
And thanks for the response in advance and good luck on this game. It looks promising.

KomradeTuniska;n2257461 said:
Just asking, I am not intending to pre-order it before we see the whole game completed.

What is the point of asking about pre-order if you are not about to pre-order at all? Even if you will see the game completed, it means that you will not be able to pre-order the game and "whole game compelted" usually means that you'll buy the game when all the content packs will be released, which will be at least in 2018-2019.

Upvote 0
NorthDumpling;n2257494 said:
What is the point of asking about pre-order if you are not about to pre-order at all? Even if you will see the game completed, it means that you will not be able to pre-order the game and "whole game compelted" usually means that you'll buy the game when all the content packs will be released, which will be at least in 2018-2019.

​​​Well I am not asking for myself but for other curious player because this is a forum and it's for every player who wanna ask for something. I made a favour and I asked for them.
BTW by "whole game completed" I mean the original release game. Of course I am not buying it during the alpha or beta phase.

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2257521 said:
Taking a risk. Which could end up more benificial than waiting for release. In my experiance. Usually does.

People just like focusing on the negatives.

Taking a risk doing? For what benefit?

There is literally no reason you ever need to per-order anything ever anymore. You can just buy the game once it's released at get it at the same time as the fool who per-ordered. You are just giving people money for them giving you nothing in return.

Upvote 0
Grabbed_by_the_Spetsnaz;n2257724 said:

There is literally no reason you ever need to per-order anything ever anymore. You can just buy the game once it's released at get it at the same time as the fool who per-ordered. You are just giving people money for them giving you nothing in return.
Except for legit exclusive items or weapons that make you pre-order it which you can get them cheaper during a sale.

Upvote 0
Grabbed_by_the_Spetsnaz;n2257724 said:

Generally you either save money or get more stuff from preordering.

Reactions: Beskar Mando
Upvote 0
I mean that's how pre-ordering works, here's some money, because this game looks great, I'd like to support it. In return, the company gets this money to use for further development before release and in exchange, the customer receives exclusive/additional content at (usually) a lower cost than it would be without pre-ordering the game (Assuming the content isn't exclusive.) along with a copy of the game, at usually a reduced cost.
If you really boil it down to the core, it's a return on an investment into a company.

Last edited:
Upvote 0