• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] The Picture and GIF thread

LOL, that problem doesn't exist in my country (or at least in my state, since I rarely visit other states). I can take a shower while someone is using the toilet, someone is washing the dishes, with the laundry machine turned on and with even another person taking a shower in another bathroom. All that at the same time and without giving me a single problem :IS2:

It'd only be a problem if someone is washing the dishes with hot water, because we use a gas system for heating instead of electric energy to heat the showers in my apartment. Two showers turned on at the same time can only be a problem if one of them is set to really, really hot, otherwise the only thing that happens is a small reduction of the release of water, making the shower slightly weaker. You can still have a good warm shower though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As we in europe tend to have a single cold fresh water supply per bathroom and a boiler with very hot water in it. Shower temperatures are kept at a comfortable level by mixing the fresh water with hot water from the boiler.
Now if you flush the toilet in the same bathroom as the shower, the tank is filled with fresh water, thus leaving less fresh water to be mixed with the hot water, resulting in OMG TEH HOT!

Not where I live. So it definitely is not a general European thing.

Upvote 0
Pic and Gif thread... Hijacked by how showers work...:confused:

LOL-stupid-shower-funny-photo.jpg

Upvote 0
The flushing/hot shower thing is mostly dependent upon the mechanism in your shower. In older showers (2 knobs), the amount of hot and cold water is regulated separately, so if the cold water pressure drops out, the shower becomes hotter due to the change in the relative amounts of hot and cold water. Newer showers with one knob use a pressure balanced valve which maintains a mix of hot and cold water set by the user; when the valve suddenly receives less cold water, it turns down the amount of hot water it takes in to compensate and maintain the same water temperature.

SCIENCE!

Last edited:
Reactions: The Masta
Upvote 0