• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The one and only "Can I run this game" thread

We all know TWI likes to add their special touches to the game so their system specs tend to be higher than your average Unreal Tournament game. I mean you might be able to run RO2 with your graphics card, but the question is: should you?

I was at Fry's the other day and a Radeon 5000 Series was 80-150$ depending on the model. Might be worth it to just get a new card so you can enjoy your game experience with good graphics and no worrying about crashing or hang ups.

As for the CPU, I'm not too familiar with intel. I used a Athlon x64 with is sort of an equivalent to your Pentium D. It could run UT3/UDK but since it burned out and I got a new CPU, the difference on newer games is like the difference of driving a 4 door sedan and driving a sleek sports car. Only problems you might run into is what socket your motherboard is(Again I don't know much about Intel). I ended up having to get a new motherboard with a compatible socket so I could use a newer cpu.

Upvote 0
Will this laptop be enough to play RO2.

Dell D830 w/ 2.0 Dual Core, 2MB Ram, NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M Video Card - 128MB Dedicated video memory.

Hum, u will have trouble playing RO2 with that setup mate.
Nowadays a video card with only 128MB of memory is a bit outdated for the least. U should think of buying a new laptop to me.
Just wait till TWI releases their official rig specs tho ;)

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I've been lurking on these forums for a while, but only just joined.

I absolutely loved ROOST (and still do). I have been, like everyone, itching to get out on the ROHS battlefield.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on my current system:

q9650 @ 3.6GHz
GTX 285
4GB 1066 DDR2
ASUS P5Q PRO TURBO
1920x1080 full HD monitor

This rig should be able to handle the game on medium/high settings, what so you thinK?

Cheers guys!

Well, I think you could run it, I'm not sure..
These are mine:
-Windows Vista @2.00Ghz Dual Core
-Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3430
-Ram 4GB

Upvote 0
My system:
AMD phenom II 1055T @3.0Ghz
2Gb DDR3
1Gb ATI HD4650 (overclocked)

think i could run the game on 1280x800 on high-ish settings?

dunno mate, bu i presume u could pump up ur RAM a bit :)
it will never hurt ;)
not sure about ur gfx card neither. could be sufficient tho but as usual u guys should wait till TWI gives an official statement upon config specs requirements.

giving ur computer rigs right now won't help a lot :)
patience, patience, my firends

Upvote 0
would this be able to run it on minimum settings?
athlon dualcore 1.9ghz
2gb ram
geforce 8200m g

i;m sure yoshiro and them have test what the lowest sys will run at, i dont know why he wont say how it ran on what they tested it on (and what they tested it on), its not like their all of a sudden gonna change all the textures to 2048x2048 with 28million poly pistols.

it would be nice to know how much i'm gonna have to spend to even play this game, ahead of time.

Upvote 0
would this be able to run it on minimum settings?
athlon dualcore 1.9ghz
2gb ram
geforce 8200m g

i;m sure yoshiro and them have test what the lowest sys will run at, i dont know why he wont say how it ran on what they tested it on (and what they tested it on), its not like their all of a sudden gonna change all the textures to 2048x2048 with 28million poly pistols.

it would be nice to know how much i'm gonna have to spend to even play this game, ahead of time.

They surely will optimize the game during the beta phases and make performance related changes.

Upvote 0
it would be the biggest kick in the nuts if it required me to get a new rig to play..

but with their commitment to PC gaming .. i'm hoping it'll work decently on my dual core 2ghz processor
the biggest problem with other games is being console ports - theyre CPU intensive
my laptop is packaged with this garbag-esqe cpu and a pretty beastly mobile graphics card

So i'm really hoping for a GPU weighted game here :D

Upvote 0
it would be the biggest kick in the nuts if it required me to get a new rig to play..

but with their commitment to PC gaming .. i'm hoping it'll work decently on my dual core 2ghz processor
the biggest problem with other games is being console ports - theyre CPU intensive
my laptop is packaged with this garbag-esqe cpu and a pretty beastly mobile graphics card

So i'm really hoping for a GPU weighted game here :D

It isnt really that simple that a console port equals heavy CPU usage and native PC does not.

Theres many things that make up the fact, main thing being the engine the game uses.

E.g. Source engine is very CPU intensive

Someone who knows more about UE3 can probably tell hows the situation with it.

Upvote 0