• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The one and only "Can I run this game" thread

Your video card is, the 6770 is slightly weaker than the 5770. You might be able to have some settings on high but I doubt all of them. The rest is good

Not really buddy....
The 6770 does contain some updated information in regard to HDMI connections and 3D capabilities, but raw performance wise - the 5770 and the 6770 are the same.

If he has the 6770 then he is in the ballpark of running high but with hicups perhaps when playing on full 50-64 server where everything goes nuts...

Upvote 0
I'm a bit concerned about my graphics card. I'm currently running an Asus nvidia geforce 9600gt 1gb and I was just wondering will it be ok to run RO2? I intend to upgrade my gpu in the coming months but I would like to know if my current gpu can hold me over until then. The rest of my specs are: intel i5 2500k and 8gb ddr3 ram.
u might be fine on medium,no thanks to ur gpu...but ur cpu

Upvote 0
Not really buddy....
The 6770 does contain some updated information in regard to HDMI connections and 3D capabilities, but raw performance wise - the 5770 and the 6770 are the same.

If he has the 6770 then he is in the ballpark of running high but with hicups perhaps when playing on full 50-64 server where everything goes nuts...

I checked various benchmarks and the 5770 performed slighly better in all of them because the 5770 has better memory bandwidth which is important in game performance. The 6770 will do better at aa and af but getting lower fps is more important. I have a 5770 and it has problems in the newer games on high settings thats why i replaced it and let my friend have it. The info we have from the beta is that the game will be graphics intensive especially before patching. The 50-64 servers are the best ones too.

http://www.hwcompare.com/5704/radeon-hd-5770-vs-radeon-hd-6770-1gb/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can run Crisis on max settings with 4x antialiasing with only:

8800gt 512mb
4gb DDr2
Intel C2D 2.8ghz
XP Sp3

It all boils down to how well each component works with each other, i.e the best GPU and CPU might not work so well together, bottlenecking can happen even with the best of hardware - Ati + Nvidia = Good, whereas - Geforce board (Nvidia) + intel CPU + Nvidia GPU = Very Good.

Sturm

Upvote 0
I can run Crisis on max settings with 4x antialiasing with only:

8800gt 512mb
4gb DDr2
Intel C2D 2.8ghz
XP Sp3

It all boils down to how well each component works with each other, i.e the best GPU and CPU might not work so well together, bottlenecking can happen even with the best of hardware - Ati + Nvidia = Good, whereas - Geforce board (Nvidia) + intel CPU + Nvidia GPU = Very Good.

Sturm
ahhhh the bottleneck,yes you will always have a bottleneck in ur rig,i mean you got ur components sorted out right,they all match up pretty nice ,the dual core with the 8800(GPU bottleneck fo todays standards)? well that dual core can actually handle game task and also push 5770 which is about 30% better than the 8800 u got there,or how about this do you have SSD? also havind regular spinind drive is bottleneck in ur system.Fact is buddy the more never tech is released people always find some of their components being bottleneck in their PC,its actually how far your wallet can expand.Your system is nice,i know it runs crysis cause i had my 8800gts 320mb with the e6700 running crysis on high too,not crazy high FPS though.But if you trully look into new tech todays,a 5770 or 6770 would be a perfect match for ur CPU,not 6870 though cause then your CPU will become bottleneck.

Dont compare Crysis with RO2,cause when you enter in full 64 player server,big map,tanks,bullets calulation,smoke,explosions your precious PC that used to run Crysis on high will be down to its knees running RO2 on LOW and still have hicups from time to time.

If you wanna benchmark your PC now just to see how it will fair against RO2,get Metro2033 and see what ur PC can do there.

I actually got metro last night on Steam just to benchmark my PC,plus was on sale for $5 so I said what the heck.....I'll buy it.

you can see my HD specs and its speeds in my sig,and these are the results I got in Metro:

1680x1050/ULTRA High settings/DX11 enabled/MSAAx16

-Lowest FPS: 60
-Highest FPS: 195
-Average steady FPS: 98-105

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I don't know if my old PC can run the game :rolleyes:
Perhaps i need you to know if i can run it, and how (Low/medium...)

So, my PC :
Vista 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Quad (Q8200, @2.33GHz)
8GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon HD4650 1024MB

I think the HD4650 is old and not really good for video games :IS2:, and the Q8200 ... Not extraordinary... ^^

Need your answers, thank you all!

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I don't know if my old PC can run the game :rolleyes:
Perhaps i need you to know if i can run it, and how (Low/medium...)

So, my PC :
Vista 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Quad (Q8200, @2.33GHz)
8GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon HD4650 1024MB

I think the HD4650 is old and not really good for video games :IS2:, and the Q8200 ... Not extraodinary... ^^

Need your answers, thank you all!

Upvote 0