• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Nostaglia Thread.

Beast_001.png

that was the **** back when I was 5

Upvote 0
From this thread <3 Knights of the Sky, only had the demo but it was awesome, Bubble Bobble just :D

But <3<3<3 Bucky...Captain Bucky O'Hare

some things I can remember off the top of my head

Probably one of the first games I remember being written and hyped about in Commodore Format rather than just flicking through looking at the pictures and only paying little notice the actual games and words, must have been 5 maybe 6 years old.
YouTube - C64 - Mayhem in Monsterland
it was and is worthy of the hype and coverage btw

Similarly for some reason the first person I can remember from games journalism was a rather hairy games tips and cheats man from Amiga Power, C-monster. Was weird reading a copy of PC Gamer years ago and wondering where I knew this face from.

Best boxset ever

compilation.jpg

Not a cartoon I can say I really loved, only watched this a few times but it really stuck in my mind for some reason.

YouTube - King arthur and the knights of justice intro

Again can only have saw 1 or 2 episodes but could remember them really well, this was before I even played (or maybe even knew of) the Zelda games.

YouTube - The Legend of Zelda Cartoon Intro

Bah cant think of other at the moment...need sleep.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeah i got a spectrum as opposed to an atari console on the partly basis of it being a useful learning tool.

Good move - asides from Enduro racer i've still got every game in that video under the bed somewhere.

Yeah i liked project X a lot - it was an amiga arcade classic alongside alien breed, deliverance, silly putty, silkworm etc.

Although i was more into the strategy/adventure types like rocketranger, it came from the desert, cult, corporation, hostages, carrier command, populous/powermonger.

I remember seeing Lemmings for the first time and being amazed, the amiga was a great platform for games.

Upvote 0
I have a collection of Spectrums although I'm not sure which ones are fully functional.
I have Several ZX81s, ZX Spectrum (rubber keys) with a broken spacebar (worst key to break apart from "), ZX Spectrum 128, which had an outstanding keyboard (or at least I thought so) and 2x ZX Spectrum 128 +2's, one with the lightgun. Fat collection of games too.

I came very late to gaming in relation to when the hardware came out. Spectrums from like, 1989 until I got a NES in 1994, and I went straight from that to an N64!

I miss old games...I might have to dig out one of the speccies just to watch the intro to Kwik Snax Dizzy. It took 10 minutes to load but it's so worth it. The menu song is great, and the band are all totally in sync with what's being played.
YouTube - Kwik Snax Opening

Last edited:
Upvote 0