• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 The "myth" of german bias

I was there last night too on admin duty on 40-1 #1.
I joined late on Kessel1943, but Germans were really wasted on A, they never even had 50:50 in cap.

Sometimes the map is a sweep for the attackers and they rush through A onto B and C and quickly rape the defenders at their spawn exits at D.

Yesterday night, it was the other way round. One thing I noticed is that the map was quickly deminished as ****ty and as imbalanced.
Sure losing is never enjoyable. But it still the map is fair.

Then Allies chose to attack Barrikady territory. They chose Univermag-B10. We held them for quite some time at A, then we lost the objective.
We set up defenses quickly on B and shot them up nicely. This was the first time when the "Axis stacking" and "Germans OP" and "Nazi stack" crap started out. Damn what obnoxious and whiny people we had on there last night.

Despite this, we stayed fair and let the Allies have B to not discourage them any further. On our retreat they had the honorable chance of gunning us down in our backs. We set up defenses on C and bled them white. Finally we rolled back to A and finished them off. All this time we heard this "Axis stacking" and "Germans OP" and "Nazi stack" nonsense. Displeasant to be honest. Either accept that the team is better than you and you lost or you should not play this game at all.

Upvote 0
I was there last night too on admin duty on 40-1 #1.
I joined late on Kessel1943, but Germans were really wasted on A, they never even had 50:50 in cap.

Sometimes the map is a sweep for the attackers and they rush through A onto B and C and quickly rape the defenders at their spawn exits at D.

Yesterday night, it was the other way round. One thing I noticed is that the map was quickly deminished as ****ty and as imbalanced.
Sure losing is never enjoyable. But it still the map is fair.

Then Allies chose to attack Barrikady territory. They chose Univermag-B10. We held them for quite some time at A, then we lost the objective.
We set up defenses quickly on B and shot them up nicely. This was the first time when the "Axis stacking" and "Germans OP" and "Nazi stack" crap started out. Damn what obnoxious and whiny people we had on there last night.

Despite this, we stayed fair and let the Allies have B to not discourage them any further. On our retreat they had the honorable chance of gunning us down in our backs. We set up defenses on C and bled them white. Finally we rolled back to A and finished them off. All this time we heard this "Axis stacking" and "Germans OP" and "Nazi stack" nonsense. Displeasant to be honest. Either accept that the team is better than you and you lost or you should not play this game at all.

Yeah, exactly :D
When they told us "german are op" and stuff, they complete forgot the round before on Kessel_1943.
We never said such things about soviets.
At all, it was a pretty balanced thing, how it went and became obvious on Myshkova where we attacked after we defended Univermag.
In Myshkova it was a few-men-in-the-end close fight.

Btw - how this campaign turned out?
I had to go to sleep as Winterwald was loaded.

Upvote 0
We kicked butt on Winterwald and threw them to death with nades on the barn, which is where the last few Red Army had sheltered themselves after the push for D and E had cost them too many tickets. They couldn't afford attacking F anymore. So they ran back to the barn and they were showered in potato mashers.

I went sleep after this round too.

Upvote 0
I seem to see a rather even mix of Axis and Allies and victory distribution. Most of the time if I see or hear a complaint in game or at the end of a round, its not a bias complaint, its usually someone expressing their opinion on the map (ex: "this map sucks" etc).

I guess I am playing on the wrong servers to not experience this Bias some people complain about. What am I doing wrong...

Upvote 0
LOL, everyone can come up with one example when the axis are destroyed,
even your "accurate hipshotting at 100m away mg42" cant help you in some matches, that example still doesnt account for why this, how you said MYTH, is in the hundred of threads and posts.

you see these guys dismissing this MYTH and then you see them cryng
oh "how the kar 98k is underpowered". LMAO. if twi listen to these guys might as well the take the soviet team out the game and fill it with zeds
in soviet chapkas. then the game will be easy as you want it to be.

Yes, I come with this example and its in the seria of my experiences.

About MG hipshooting :
I dont know what is sooo op - this guy was dead 3x times before he could clear this room, and was shot by - guess what - some soviet MG34 shooter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UaBVfE04sE

Off course we can discuss the need for instant MG hipshooting.
I totally agree that some extra mouseclick for example would be great as some players discuss it also here in forum.

I just dont see the german bias thing what is circling around internet.
Again, in my experience its with all servers I play (and I play a lot servers), if you take it in average - its pretty even.
It might be, that some russian servers are favouring the soviet win, as some german servers do the same for the axis win.
But also here, I know some example out of the box, about a very good german clan, mostly playing soviets and making the reds win.

@Raven1986
Good that Winterwald was a win ;)

Upvote 0
There WAS a huge German bias about 2 years ago, but this has faded greatly. If there is any bias today, it really is a minor one that, if nothing else, makes it more fun to play as the Soviets.

What I have noticed is that recently, there is a huge influx of new players (which is great, keeps the game going), and the experienced players usually end up falling evenly on both sides. When this is unbalanced, it can throw the game off, but that balance goes both ways. I'd say at worst, its 40/60 in Germany's favour.

But it did take me a year or two to see the first Soviet Campaign victory (much more common now), so claims of bias are not made out of fluff.

Upvote 0
The question however remains why would they have the audacity to cry about a German stack if they had kicked butt on defense the previous map?
Sometimes you succeed even on a hard map and then you even lose an easy attacker map like Apartments.
Is it Axis stack too if you lose Apartments with over 150 reinforcements more?

For me the large majority of "stack" crying folk is like someone standing to his neck in tasty crystal water whining "I thirst!" If they can't accept that the enemy is better and they need to train more, they should not play RO. Maybe more like CoD Campaign on Greenhorn. :rolleyes:

I play RO/RS for team gaming. The joy of coordination via VOIP is a major asset. If one team does not provide, however the other one does. Where do you guess I will go?
I'm simply tired of people believing they have seen the world and know all about how to win a certain map and yell at you to stfu on VOIP when discussing tactics, reporting enemy, calling for support, etc.

And yet, as I said, we have an even ratio of winning, there are several Red Army players who know that VOIP is essential to victory.

Upvote 0
If I want a game where I don't have to play much or play one handed while talking on my phone i will go german.
RS doesn't seem to have any bias ,sometimes a team is stacked but its is not based on nationality or ideology ,its just a few more experienced players on one random side.
I do have to ask if the winning ratio WAS 50-50 why I keep getting messages about axis stacking on your servers raven;)

To be fair I don't play RO2 that much now RS is much more fun and with more balanced maps,and the players are more chilled.

Upvote 0
The question however remains why would they have the audacity to cry about a German stack if they had kicked butt on defense the previous map?
Sometimes you succeed even on a hard map and then you even lose an easy attacker map like Apartments.
Is it Axis stack too if you lose Apartments with over 150 reinforcements more?

"Oh look I'm just nitpicking one example out of the opposite many to fit my on purpose, AGAIN."

For me the large majority of "stack" crying folk is like someone standing to his neck in tasty crystal water whining "I thirst!" If they can't accept that the enemy is better and they need to train more, they should not play RO. Maybe more like CoD Campaign on Greenhorn. :rolleyes:

Not gonna even bother with this one, this is just the hitler argument for gaming, comparing the opposition to COD community just to make their arguments invalid, its a little played out.

I play RO/RS for team gaming. The joy of coordination via VOIP is a major asset. If one team does not provide, however the other one does. Where do you guess I will go?
I'm simply tired of people believing they have seen the world and know all about how to win a certain map and yell at you to stfu on VOIP when discussing tactics, reporting enemy, calling for support, etc.

Yes, we all know which side your gonna pick, its the winning side.
Which in all probability is the axis side, and we are back where we started.
You're tired? well... its seems that its been playng to your favor in some matches. cuz all these so called noobs that dont care about tactics join the soviet team. why? because the axis team, oh im sorry staxis team is already full of armchair generals. which they purposly gravatated to. and yet we are back to where we started again. its like everything you say, just keeps coming back to you.

And yet, as I said, we have an even ratio of winning, there are several Red Army players who know that VOIP is essential to victory.

How do you know? do you have access to the twi information about the outcomes of all matches? Im sorry to call you out as a outright liar.
Even you if come foward with the argument "MA personal experience"
That still doesnt count for DooDoo. Also first you make apparent that your an imparcial player when it comes to team joining. Then you call out red army players ? so there's Red army players and no Axis Players ?.... oh boy....

Upvote 0
The Axis stacking message was put there during the MG42 release. Every one wanted to get their hands on the new gun. There it was necessary, as no one wanted to go Soviet because the MG42 is not in their loadout.
I have already stated my view on the enemy load out many many times. It's wrong to hand out enemy weapons like this. Mappers should decide.

Nitpicking, ah, that's why you bashed at Sch

Upvote 0