• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
This is my issue. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with TW trying to cater to the mainstream, as long as they made it so this mainstream stuff is not stuffed down our throats. This was what relaxed and hardcore realism should have been about, relaxed being for the more mainstream gamers and harcore being for the RO1 vets.

But they DIDN'T! Seriously, I don't get this. It is obvious a large portion of the old playerbase did not want the STG44, or dual mag MP40, or unlockable PPSH drums, or the large number of weapon mods now available. Why did TW not just add a mode that removed theses features?

It seriously could not have been lots of work to make a super hardcore realism mode that removed ranking, removed unlocks, removed prototypes and other gimics and gave us a more historical experience. Nothing had to be added, in fact if anything stuff would have had to be taken out. Why alienate your base like this? This could have been avoided by just making a mode that kept things real for those who want it, and arcade for those who want it. Why not put a little extra effort into the game to do that?

+1 Read it TWI, nao.

Upvote 0
there was a bug during the beta when sometimes an assault would spawn with MkB42h.
Even if a bug this was immersive in some kind of ways

People in chat saying something like this

-LOOK AT THAT GUY, HE GOT THE NEW WEAPON
-YEA, HE S SO LUCKY
-I WANT ONE MYSELF TOO
-HOW S THE NEW GUN S PERFORMANCES ?

This made me feel like on the frontline, where soldiers probably said same things about prototypes. Now it's a CHOOSE-MKB42H-CAUSE-ITS-COOL-FOR-KIDS-AND-LEAVE-BEHIND-THE-REALISTIC-MP40-SPAM

This ruined my immersion as this spam made people writing in chat, instead of realistic stuffs, that Skyrim will be a good game after Bethesda's masterpiece... :drumroll:... Oblivion ( the most empty, pointless, unchallening experience ever )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lets not turn this into a gun tweaking thread, i hope TWI is reading the thread, because OP has a very good, solid point here. This game is catered to be a more hardcore, historical experience, and if we get every german with an avt things are going to go down the drain fast. Ive read several more than good solutions for this, that would balance it out, yet be selectable when its your turn. Please be kind and fix it!

Upvote 0
This could have been avoided by just making a mode that kept things real for those who want it, and arcade for those who want it. Why not put a little extra effort into the game to do that?

That's the big question isen't it? And it's been my question to TWI for many months now.

You're not going to like their answer to that question though..

Upvote 0
On the subject of the AVT, I think the default recoil is perfect. I've managed to get good kills with it, you just have to fire in really really short bursts. That thing rips through walls so easily, I've killed so many enemies trying to hide behind the side of window walls.

Totally agree with you, just got done playing FF (makes me feel dirty) and I think the AVT with freaking awesome. Even with the recoil, Im able to keep the muzzle down, not only that but I often shoot too low (I keep ironsight sensetivity really high).

Upvote 0
There is nothing wrong with any of the unlocked "hero weapons" other than the fact that they are too prevalent.

I like the idea of making another class for the Germans (Elite Assault) and limiting the Mkb42 to that class and in turn giving the Russians more regular Assault slots.

As stated the AVT40 could be added to the Russian MG class (as an option) since it would be the logical selection for some maps.

Upvote 0
Gotta love how the Russians get a rifle which isn't any more useful (in a practical sense) than the SVT-40 while the Germans get a slew of experimental prototypes which are dominating the ingame battlefield. Not to mention the PPSH is so dumbed down there is not even any half-decent counter for the Russians to use.

Why did they even bother giving the Russians guns in this game?

Upvote 0
Seriously, guys. The balance is screwed.

I had my best experience with RO this morning, pre-patch, and my worst just now, post-patch.

This morning, I played ROFactory with a great group of pubbies who worked together, coordinated, organized, set up a clear front line, and fought brilliantly. We actually managed to beat the defenders by almost 50 tickets before lockdown ruined our advance (but that's another thread).

Then I get on tonight for a few rounds of Sparta and everyone and their grandmother on the Axis side has an MKB. We were trying to work as teams, sticking together in little groups, and a single Axis soldier with an MKB would -consistently- beat groups of 3-4 Soviets armed with everything from PPShs to SVTs to Bolts without any trouble. This is wrong, guys. I've been rabidly defending you here for the last few weeks, but this is too much.

I really don't even feel like playing anymore. All of my careful tactics and placement is meaningless when the Axis have a weapon that is as accurate as a rifle and fully automatic, and who can run-and-gun to great success.

Seriously guys, this isn't working.

Reactions: CrazyFingers
Upvote 0