• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Upvote 0
I for one am extremely annoyed with the preponderance of MKBs. It would be one thing if Tripwire hadn't said that these weapons would be limited to 1-2 per team. Instead half the German team has them. The current situation is ridiculous and really messes with the essence of RO. Even Ostfront didn't have this many assault rifles in use and it had the STG44.

Upvote 0
Giving every 2nd guy an Mkb42(H) is not only extremely unrealistic, but it's also very bad for gameplay! The Germans are litterally bulldozing the Russians now on every map. Every 2nd or 3rd guy carrying one of these guns is just too much firepower for the Russians to handle.
Just came on the TWI forums this morning and i see this :(
Oh no ! nooooooooooooooooooo !

Why god dammit they did that ?! I was already pissed of to be owned by and army of SMG, but this...

They really need to limit this weapon. 1 hero per team: 1 hero weapon per team.

What next? All equipped with hipshoot MG42?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I too paid for the DDE and I can safely say I want that goddamn gun out of my game immediately. Even in extremely small numbers it is so unbalanced I honestly have to wonder why Tripwire even bothered making the Russian team in the first place as there is no point. I can safely say that the Russian riflemen class is now 100% redundant and obsolete thanks to this EXTREMELY poor design choice.

Sweet Jesus, Tripwire. What the hell were you thinking?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In real life, free recoil energy of the G-41 was around 18.5 ft-lbs, vs 13ft-lbs on the SVT-40. Meanwhile, the Mkb-42 was 1/2 or 1/3 that of the SVT-40.

So correct the recoil of the semi-autos and allow the MKb-42 only to Elite Riflemen, on a 50/50 basis with the G-41. This would seem both more realistic and more balanced: half the German rifles are better and half are worse than their Russian counterpart.

Upvote 0
We need more weapons, if the Mkb is as realistic as the STG, why not modify the weapon skin to a STG 44 and only use it for maps that are in that specific timeline? Also what we need is more weapons we are continuesly fighting on the MKB/AVT because we don't have enough weapons to lay our hands on.

On Ro1 you had enough weapons loadout to please anyone here they are a bit more stingy with them. The problem isn't that the MKB is in the game but that anyone can pick it up very easy. I played a match were a hero player respawned many times and gave all the team players his MKB, yes you heard me every german player with upgraded MKB's :eek:. Just imagine all the german team on MKB shame I don't have a picture. the problem is that is too easy to pick this weapon up, maybe make it harder to pick weapons from the ground by also dropping your ammo just like in Ostfront.

Also I saw that is much more teambased gameplay on classic than any other type of game. Maybe it's because you don't have the zoom in of the FOV as you have in all the other's maybe not. But definetly this modifies the usability and easiness of how you handle the gun, it's much harder to pick enemies from distance if you can't magically zoom in your gun. My point is so that is harder to play with the gun why not get rid of the zoom in for all game modes and let it just as it its in classic?

Also why not put in a mutator on the map so that the MKB could only be used in early rounds till enemy capture certain points. Then when all it's done the MKB dissapears from the class loadout?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We need more weapons, if the Mkb is as realistic as the STG, why not modify the weapon skin to a STG 44 and only use it for maps that are in that specific timeline? Also what we need is more weapons we are continuesly fighting on the MKB/AVT because we don't have enough weapons to lay our hands on.

On Ro1 you had enough weapons loadout to please anyone here they are a bit more stingy with them. The problem isn't that the MKB is in the game but that anyone can pick it up very easy. I played a match were a hero player respawned many times and gave all the team players his MKB, yes you heard me every german player with upgraded MKB's :eek:. Just imagine all the german team on MKB shame I don't have a picture. the problem is that is too easy to pick this weapon up, maybe make it harder to pick weapons from the ground by also dropping your ammo just like in Ostfront.

Also I saw that is much more teambased gameplay on classic than any other type of game. Maybe it's because you don't have the zoom in of the FOV as you have in all the other's maybe not. But definetly this modifies the usability and easiness of how you handle the gun, it's much harder to pick enemies from distance if you can't magically zoom in your gun. My point is so that is harder to play with the gun why not get rid of the zoom in for all game modes and let it just as it its in classic?

Also why not put in a mutator on the map so that the MKB could only be used in early rounds till enemy capture certain points. Then when all it's done the MKB dissapears from the class loadout?

mkb isn't that big of a deal, it's not like it's some sort of superweapon or something.

good players will outshoot it with ppsh in cqc and semi/bolts in long range.

Upvote 0
mkb isn't that big of a deal, it's not like it's some sort of superweapon or something.

This

The MKB is not a bad gun, nor is it a great gun, its just a very easy to use gun.

The pistols will out shoot it at 15 meters or less
The PPsh/mp40 will out shoot it up to 25 meters
The Svt-40/g41/avt-40 will out shoot it over 25 meters.
Any boltaction will outshoot it over 50 meters.

its just one of those guns.

used as bait to lure new people into the game, as we cannot deny it is a cool gun for the time. which i am not complaining about new stock is aways good.

I will still do this to this day, if a MKB, svt-40, or a ppsh are lying on the ground. i will take the ppsh any day its just so much better.

Upvote 0

Yes but it exists in the game and for the sake of realistic balance and adding weapons that would've been in those timeyears why not limit it for specific maps. Like those who are in the time such gun would be available and also if the stats are so common with the STG 44 why not modify the weapon skin to a Stg and use it for same role it's a win situation for both realism and balance.

Upvote 0