• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Immersion Overhaul Mutator is now RANKED!

Yeah this is very nice and all but like Soulfly I really hope there will be servers running IOM with zoom on. I haven't found any so far. I believe zoom is needed for machinegunners to be as effective as they should be and while the effect itself is pretty gamey it makes the game more realistic IMO by compensating for the limitations our computer monitors bring.

As nice as this mod is, until then I'll be playing on regular servers.

why not zoom for everyone? it's useful for the smgs and pistols too, if only so they can peek through a fence/boards and see if it's safe to come out.

As for mgs being useful, with iom recoil you can just point at a high-traffic corner and hold down m1, people will run into your bullets soon enough :p

Upvote 0
why not zoom for everyone? it's useful for the smgs and pistols too, if only so they can peek through a fence/boards and see if it's safe to come out.

As for mgs being useful, with iom recoil you can just point at a high-traffic corner and hold down m1, people will run into your bullets soon enough :p

You misunderstood me as well. See my reply to Kleist to see what I meant. I edited my original message to avoid more misunderstandings. Anyway, if IOM becomes more popular hopefully we'll get at least one populated server running zoom on.

Upvote 0
Because it is zero zoom for all! Is there a better way for more fairness and the most authentic feeling ingame? I don't think so.

IOM is created for zero zoom. And in the next update the sight will be improve again.

Aaaahhh i have use the bad Z-word again.... really hate that. ...

Of course everybody who want can play on a IOM server with zoom. But i'm happy if i never must see this authentic breaker again in such a nice game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
People have different tastes, that is totally fine and that's why there are server options. I can absolutely see why some would prefer no zoom, just as long as they don't pretend that it makes the game more realistic. It only makes it harder and brings more of a focus on close range engagements. It also unintentionally buffs the sniper by quite a bit.

Me personally I just want the most realistic and true to life experience I can get. Zoom is a gamey but necessary mechanic in order to reach that realism. One day when we will all have VR goggles with insanely high resolutions then the zoom mechanic can be scrapped altogether, never to return. But we're not quite there yet.

Upvote 0
People have different tastes, that is totally fine and that's why there are server options. I can absolutely see why some would prefer no zoom, just as long as they don't pretend that it makes the game more realistic. It only makes it harder and brings more of a focus on close range engagements. It also unintentionally buffs the sniper by quite a bit.

Me personally I just want the most realistic and true to life experience I can get. Zoom is a gamey but necessary mechanic in order to reach that realism. One day when we will all have VR goggles with insanely high resolutions then the zoom mechanic can be scrapped altogether, never to return. But we're not quite there yet.
Bolded & Underlined.

It mimics the eye accommondation, that due to hard/software restrictions cannot be obtained in at least 10 years.

Also, what keeps me away from this mod is the sprint speed. I do understand the reasons behind it, but it is just too damn slow.
Even I (Not so much of a great athlete) can run faster and more distance with full (Modern Read: Heavier ) combat gear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Movement will be updated, too in 1.15.

I like the movement speed just stamina could hold a little bit longer. But the speed is fine.

And i bet you can't run much faster with all the gear and with military boots. Don't forget soldiers haven't much sleep on the front. We can't say "i can run faster" just trust me, if you are in the fields for just one week. Without a real bed, good food and a warm room you don't will have the power to run much faster than we can with IOM. For a lot of people even 2 days in the field is enough to lost a lot of energy.

Level 0 movement of RO2 is fine. Hero movement is far far away from realism.

But i can understand people who want run faster, because it make the way to the battle faster. It's like spawn on SL. What i'm dead? Beam me back to the battle Scotty"...

Of course not everybody will be happy and not everybody will agree with anything. But just try to play IOM for some hours on a full server and you will see it's very good like it is.
And with 1.15 it will become even better

Upvote 0
Also, what keeps me away from this mod is the sprint speed. I do understand the reasons behind it, but it is just too damn slow.
Even I (Not so much of a great athlete) can run faster and more distance with full (Modern Read: Heavier ) combat gear.
I just tested the sprint speed very crudely by running towards an objective and timed it with a stopwatch. Character sprints 50 meters in about 10 seconds, so the speed is at least 18 km/h. I think that isn't so bad in a combat situation with exhaustion, bad nutrition etc. And a top of all, playable character can do these sprints "endlessly", after a little breath taking.

I like current sprint speed in the IOM. The sprint speed in "Realism" settings feels a bit too fast for me.

Upvote 0
I'm fine with the movement speed as well. If it was up to me maybe I'd make it just a little bit faster, but I can understand why it was slowed down. I like the slower pace this brings to the game. Even if the running speed is below how a real soldier could perform it lessens the amount of jerky movement that is hard to get rid of completely in a game.

In either case I think we can all agree that the mod is great, and hopefully it will become more popular now and bring more servers with options to fit the tastes of more people. Now it just needs to allow for downloads from the server like how it is with maps, and not require editing the ini file if possible.

Upvote 0
The movement speed feels jarring at first when coming from a Realism server, but I like it and especially the change in pace it brings to the game.

Likewise, going back to Realism after a few hours in IOM and you marvel at the very high speed your enemy can zigzag sprint across a rubble filled battlefield. :p

1.3 zoom or no zoom, either is fine by me. I'm extremely happy that the mod team is very accommodating to server admins and players by allowing so much customization.

Once installing becomes brainless, we'll have many more choices of where to play.

Upvote 0
I just rented a server for those of us who are in NA and it's now up, called U.S. West Coast - Immersion Overhaul Mod

One problem that I'm currently having is that the server automatically restarts at least once per day, which causes everything to go back to default. Is there a way to make the mod a permanent part of the server or do I have to constantly babysit it?

Edit: answered in another thread.

I'm currently running the server as Classic Mode with all Territory maps (except for Gumrak). Zoom with Iron sights is also enabled.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Well said. Having 120m looking like it's 400-500m is not authentic. I even turned AA on to check if I could see better.

Upvote 0
Will the [40-1] server be hosting the newly added Beta map mod maps to the rotation? I have the current versions, but using those versions should hopefully encourage more people to hop onto the servers.
That is if they don't have some horrid, game breaking bugs in them.

What maps are you thinking about? There`s a bunch of custom map on the server already.

Upvote 0
:)

Ok, That explains things. I jumped on to one server featuring IOM. A raftload of files came down from the re-direct as I expected they would, but the moment I entered the map ROGame was brought to it's knees with an error. So I tried the 40-1 IOM server. Same result. I probably need to subscribe my client to the SWS IOM tools, right?

Upvote 0
What maps are you thinking about? There`s a bunch of custom map on the server already.

Sorry, should have given a link. I was talking about the new Beta map thingy Tripwire added.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/324850
While I know that you have two of the maps in rotation, I was wondering for the simplicity of the public if it was the same as the versions included in this new thingy? I guess with IOM as it is people will have a little patience regarding installation, but just something for the future maybe.

TBH I'm not sure why I brought it up in relation to IOM.

Upvote 0