• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] The "Fuuuuuu" Day Thread (Crappy Day Thread)

Didn't stop them blaring thouse alarms on and off for the next 2 houers though, try sleeping in that noise..

I used live next door to a fire house that uses a tornado siren to "tone" their volunteer firefighters. My room faced the fire house, and I slept with the windows open at night. I didn't know how quickly I could go from unconscious to 100% wide-awake until they decided to tone their volunteers at 5:00 AM on a Saturday morning...

Upvote 0
****ing Hewlett-Packard.

They put out an update yesterday or today for HP computers. It installed on my computer today.

Turns out that it actually just kills your computer instead. Get a warning message that says "your password is not allowed."

Note: it's not "your password is incorrect." You don't get the chance to even put it in. It just says it's not even allowed.

So I google the message. There's only one result, and it's from the HP support forum. Apparently a bunch of people are having the same problem, and allll the posts about it are from today.

I call HP tech support. The douchenozzle said that their updates can't hurt your computer. If the password is not being accepted, then it's my problem, not theirs. The only solution, according to them, is to reformat!

Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!1

Upvote 0
What type of computer is it? Can you remove the HDD to recover your data and then reformat if worst comes to worst?

I was actually able to fix it, eventually. Basically turning it off a few times while it tried to start Windows confused it to the point where it wanted to go back to a restore point, and so everything was good.

BUT after going back through the updates that it wanted to install ... and I think I figured out what the problem is.

hp-are-idiots.jpg

See anything there that might cause troubles with the Windows login?

Reactions: Capt.Marion
Upvote 0
@Peete : if I were you I would get a linux distro boot cd. Basically the complete OS on a disk, its a great way to boot up and access your files & bypass windows security ( doesnt work on encrypted drives )

Second my good sir, never buy hp again!

You know I might actually make a Live Ubuntu CD or something. It's not a bad idea.

As far as HP goes, I sort of wish that I hadn't bought it. Not because I don't like it - it's been a great computer - but because I had wanted to buy something else originally. I had the money to buy an Asus G73, but I needed the computer now-now-right-now, and I didn't have time to wait even for next-day shipping. The HP was definitely a weaksauce second choice, but it's what I could get that day.

Upvote 0