• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Sport] The Euro 2008 Thread

What a little cry baby, falling, looking for the referee, crying, always the same!

indeed, this situation was SOOOO lame.
hes falling and looking normal. then hes seeing the referee looking -> crying like he has to die only to see a yellow card for the german player.
made me really angry on him...

atleast the referee did not see ballacks little help before his goal :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Come on, we all know that they all (not all - but far, far too many) do it. Some much worse than Ronaldo, it's just a shame that he does it so much because he is a very skilled player.

It's an interesting point that he does it a good deal less with Man U, than he does when he's playing with Portugal.

I guess because the English referees would love their asses off and send him off the field.

Upvote 0
So? He does it and can I say really bad job at it. How is it any different than the guys lying on the ground for 5 minutes because someone's hand slipped right next to them? Or when they so called gets injured and are in so big pain, but when the referee shows them to get up - all of the sudden they are fine, like nothing really happened there.
Or are you going to say they are really in so great pain that they have to roll on the ground covering their face with hands, because a hand(not punch) hit them?

Soccer is a big drama field where men are made of sugar, and where great acting skills can get you far.

Edit. All I'm saying is that when Ronaldo does something like this, everyone is zooming in and really paying attention was it fake or not, but when someone else does it they will just shrugh their sholders and move on. He get's a lot of undiserved hate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And thats why he first had to look to the referee before holding his ankle and crying?

They all look at the referee, just watch them. They get small hit/close hit quickly look at the referee and understands what has happened -> hit ground and let the film roll. Or they first hit the ground start crying and when nothing happens waves their hands and look at the referee, then get's up like nothing happened.

Is it any worse when you see it obviously than just doing it 'better'.

Upvote 0
Seriously, that was a foul. But can you blame people for hating hime? He simply is a ****ty sportsman and that's the truth. His superman dives during world cup '06 were just rediculous and it doesn't seem like he has improved a lot. Not to mention his big grin after Rooney got the red one during the Portugal-England match. Not that the card wasn't justified, but the way he acted there was just really, really lame. I think people like good players they can actually show a bit of sympathy to, like Zidane or Ronaldinho, not an egomaniac with serious lack of sportsmanship.

Upvote 0