• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 The community should make a commitment.

12/18
RD server
Axis defending Racko and win
Axis attacking Tula and it looked like we would lose, it was also the final map in the campaign and it appeared axis would lose the whole thing. I was an engineer and was kicked when a mob of teammates jumped on my satchel. No screenie. :p

12/19
RD server
Allied defending Bridges, loss.
Allied attacking Tula, loss.

Overall, I think it's getting better. It's worse on Euro servers which has always been the case, but it's still fun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I play Soviet 90% of the time, and this is so true - the Allies are very incapable of doing much together. It's partly the fact that russian guns are not good for novices - their recoil is higher than German guns, and so the average n00b will blindfire himself blue in the face. Often, they can't hit a man past 75 meters, which is sad. They have no concept of cover either.

I think the bottom line is novices run into RO2 and expect a Battlefield or COD-type game, and the realism of the weapons, and longer ranges on RO2 make them easy targets for enemy gunners.

Also, it seems to me that the Germans tend to have more SS- and Wermacht unit groups playing on their side. There are just less Red companies than German. In that repect, the teamwork of the Germans is superior.

I think I can say i'm not the problem - I play commander and (now that i have the AVT-40, the best gun ever) Elite Assault, and I'm level 56 with 3.58 k/d ratio. I'm always at the very least top 10 of the 0-bot servers I go into, and top 5 about 50% of the time. In bot/AI games I'm #1 on my team 90% of the time, and unlike a lot of full-Allied players, I've won more games than lost as the Russians.

In fact, once on the Bridges map, I singlehandedly ran over the bridge and into cover as a commander. Finally, some of my squad actually came over with me and we won with about 15 seconds before lockdown. Moral of that story: Most people are idiots and will hide, but if they see someone go do something brave they'll follow them to the end.

If you want to do well as the Soviets, be a hero of Stalingrad. People will follow you. Don't be afraid to boss them around Via chat; half of them would rather take orders than wander around and get shot.

~Zekes

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just got done playing on the WAW server. It was mostly full when I started playing. Allies was actually full so I played Axis. The campaign just started and we were defending Stalingrad Kessel. I got in about half way through the map. We lost it. The Allies attacked Apartments and we lost it. They then attacked Winterwald and lost. Then we attacked Apartments and won. Then we attacked Fallen Fighters and lost. Then Allies attacked Apartments and won. They then attacked Barashka and lost to Axis. Then we attacked Fallen Fighters and won. Then we attacked Bridges and barely won with about 3 minutes to spare and all of the Allies tickets depleted, but we lost the campaign because we ran out of combat power.

It was far more enjoyable playing a campaign like this than being steamrolled by one side. Teams were more or less even in skill.

Upvote 0
Actually it is working, for a long time. I've done it countless times in the last few months and have seens lots of servers going past their player limit, but i dont really care about that. The more players the better since it makes it feel even more like a war.

In terms of the topic at hand. There was a similar thread where I said that I dont see this perceived biasness. But now I can say that there seems to be AT LEAST somewhat of a small bias towards Axis. But I dont really care really. Makes the games more fun when the russkies actually get a few decent players.

Maybe Tripwire needs to add incentive to play soviets because no matter what people think this is still a game. People who stack axis play it cause of the weps not history. Unless you are a "Hero" and have a SSD you are stuck with what are perceived to be inferior weapons.

In the end I dont really know. For me personally, I really dont care. If people are having fun winning a campaign in a hastly manner well that's that. I'd rather fight and have fun. It's one of the few games that is still very "barebones" and difficult and I love that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, this is a thread about the Axis winning constantly. If that bugs you, just don't participate.

Anyway,
The Axis bias has nothing to do with balancing. Every gun in RO2 will generally kill things dead when you point it in the right direction. Let's not forget that the (upgraded) PPSh and SVT are absolutely beastly guns.

The vast majority of Allied players are obviously inexperienced.
Their offensives are usually totally pathetic. They lack aggression, coordination and decisiveness. They'll happily run into automatic fire, and when they're not doing that they'll cower behind a wall and throw grenades at the nearest pile of rubble, killing nobody.
In the defense they're not any better. There's seemingly no situational awareness so they'll get flanked relentlessly or get overwhelmed by coordinated assaults with artillery support.

These are my impressions from playing on both sides, though I will admit I'm part of the problem here. Often I'll play a round or two on Allies, but the same thing always happens. We get destroyed, and I get annoyed at the team's inability to get anything done.
Then I switch to Axis and find myself on the Blitzkrieg Train of doom along side what appears to be a bunch of special forces dudes as we slaughter the poor Russians by the truckload.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of us behave like this. The simple fact is that for competent players, being on a bad team in a game where teamwork is important is just not fun. When you find yourself pushing forward on your own when you should have guys at your back, you die, and it's annoying. When get killed by a recklessly thrown friendly grenade, it sucks. Most of the time playing on Allies is no fun and trying to get people to do things right is futile.

As fun as it is to slaughter noobs as Axis, we are driving people away from the game like this.
The only cure for the problem is that we start committing to playing both sides equally or even consider stacking Allies.

Excellent post. Your key sentence is your second last which I highlight in bold. This is exactly why something needs to be done. It requires community involvement as you suggest, but it also requires some help from TWI to balance the maps especially; and to a lesser extent the weapons.

Ahh another thread about this issue.

Yeah I honestly just don't know. I can't say that this isn't an issue since so many have a problem with it.

The fact that there are so many threads about this issue means that it is obviously a problem and something needs to be done about it. I have never seen a thread complaining about a lack of Axis wins, have you?

You must be dreaming if you don't think that vets don't stack Axis (atleast on non-Russian servers).

Either that, or you simply don't play the game very much.

100% truth. I would also ad the following other options: not smart, or Axis stackers.

You are right.
I mainly play as the allies and usually it's a slaughter, even if there is communication and the team works together. I have experienced many times that we played well, but that the axis team was simply better. Sometimes campaign mode is not even fun because the axis team is so OP (or/and allies usually suck I guess). As an experienced player it's frustrating and I can't understand why pro-players always pick axis over allies for any reason other than that the axis will win on every map..Which is where the problem is I guess!
And it's true when you say this drives people away from the game, because if you are a player like myself and pick "auto-select" when chosing team you will end up on allies 9.9 out of 10 times and will get a bad experience.

Good for you for playing Allies. Unfortunately, not many in this community seem to do so.

Again you mention that the Axis stack is driving people away. I agree with this. I see it in action all the time that I play. It is this fact we should be worried about because it will kill off RO2.

You also validly point out that it is no fun to play when one team is getting steamrolled. This is so true. It is actually not fun to be on the winning side of a dominant team either. What is fun are closely fought games but unfortunately there are not so many of them because of the stacking.

Exactly what I said in the last long thread about this issue. Playing in the axis team is like being part of magnificent war machine and everybody is very important part that moves the whole machine forward. Every part does only its job and thats enough. Every part have a priority over some other part and the lower priority part follow the actions of the high priority part. Its something great really.

Playing in the allies team can be described as p;;asfhl;asdhg;o352-08as-dipkdas;ljfa;jdsglkhjkljhlsghlhAFD a.k.a. total chaos. Everybody doing his own thing, no one gives a damn about whats going on, in what state of the match we are, about what the rest of the teammembers are doing and which is the most important objective to do. There are better games promoting such gameplay that I can play and I will have more fun because they are made to be played like that. RO2 is not made to be chaotic, not in this way. The Axis team is giving me the experience that I signed for when I bought RO2 and thats why I will "stack" with them when I can. If the Allies team was like that, and it was the opposite with the Axis team I have no problem playing with the Allies. The Axis team being what it is, is just a bonus for me since I prefer their weapons and uniforms but as I said I have no problem playing with the Allies if the organized players were there - I can pick german weapons off the ground, there are plenty of them lying there all the time.

Another delusional post from Rattler.

Yes, it is exactly so. But unfortunately this is not the cause but a consequence. The Russian teams are not playing so poorly because they are Russian but because it is full of beginners who do not know the basics, let alone to be able to do some teamwork.

I am not saying that this is a problem on every servers, but this problem for the last few months strongly rampant. Moreover this behavior have positive back coupling. Who stays together with a German team all time has a chance to survive and learn. But because we cannot all play as a Germans then those who are forced to play as a Russians sooner or later leave the game in disgust.

The same applies to the few veterans who are trying balance the game that they plays mainly as a Russians, although they do not tend to play as one side only.

Given that every game has a natural loss of players, if the game will not be attractive enough for all but especially for newbies, sooner or later the Germans will not have a different opponents than bots.

On the contrary, here's a great post from Slamer which explains why Rattler's post is delusional. Good job Slamer.

Again here's another post in this thread mentioning that Axis stack forces players to leave the game.

This can't be a coincidence can it? TWI please do something.

I wonder if indicating all player's levels and hero status in the scoreboard screen would help at all. I realize a high level does not always indicate a good player, but it would be pretty easy to determine the outcome of a match which pits a team full of <lvl.30 players against a team full of >lvl.70 players.

This would provide objective, reportable evidence which could be posted here, thus allowing the team stack issue to be proven or disproven with greater validity. In addition, a visual indicator of just how stacked a given set of teams are might "shame" some veteran players to switch sides. IMO, the issue is not that Allied players just can't be bothered to play the game well, it is that few Allied teams have good experienced players to provide leadership and support to new players. I would say that this is a direct result of veteran players favouring one side over the other.

Do you guys not remember the ridiculous learning curve to this series? The first couple of months of playing this game was hellish, even with balanced team. I can't imagine trying to learn to play this game when you are constantly pitted against a team full of veterans.

Excellent post Higgs. That's also a good suggestion for graphically illustrating team stacking.

I'm the definition of a casual player - I've got about 120 hours in RO2/RS.

Here's the interesting thing: I use auto-select religiously; I end up as allies most of the time, and I am on the losing side most of time.

Here's another interesting thing: I have never played Axis on Bridges, Rakowice, Commissar's House. Stalingrad Kessel.

I think I've got Axis once on Winterwald, and Spartanovka (a pretty even map).

There is a stacking problem. You can say there isn't, that it's a myth/meme whatever, but I've seen it constantly.

I still have a good time, but I won't pretend it is not annoying.

Excellent post Sulman.

I actually have played Axis on Bridges, Rakowice, Commissar's House, and Stalingrad Kessel. This promptly resulted in me being disgusted with how easy it was and then I switched teams or left the server.

Tonight on one server an Axis player complained the newbies were making beating the Soviets too easy.

That's the mentality, right there.

And that guy has no idea that his mentality will result in eventually having noone to shoot on Allies team. What a disgrace to the game he is.

There isn't a conspiracy, and a conspiracy isn't needed.

A significant portion of the playerbase are WWII buffs. A significant portion of WWII buffs in the U.S. are wehraboos. A lot of these players will always play axis.

All it takes is a small group of vets who play 100% axis to shunt a lot of newer players over the allied side, and ruin team balance.

I really can't believe that people don't see this. Go to any populated server and hit auto-assign. You will be playing Russian 99% of the time. Half the players on the axis team will have names something along the lines of "SS Sturmbannfuhrer" or "GroSSDeutsch KruppHammer"

I also can't believe people don't see this. I'm actually disgusted by it now because I realise the only rational conclusion is that they don't see it because of ideological reasons. Unfortunately, it seems the world isn't past that and people don't treat RO2 as a game that is meant to be played fair.

Part two. 40-1 continued, complete massacres.

We attacked Bridges after winning Pavlovs. :rolleyes: We never got past C, the TL had everyone meatgrinder at D for 20 minutes while E was empty. Axis had 400 reinforcements left.

Rako, the usual, we were swept up in a Blitzkrieg.

I see a number of the same faces always playing Axis on this server and others. If they are not there, like when we won Pavlov's, matches can go either way. All it takes is a handful of good players in key roles to give you the advantage, if teams were randomly constructed, matches would be closer. When I autoselect in a campaign server, I expect that 90% of the time, I'll be Allied, defending and losing. I find defending all the time to be the most tiring, I don't mind the challenge of being an underdog.

Thank you for your posts LugNut. They replicate my experience also on NA servers and remind me of the days when I used to also play on the 40-1 servers (and others) in Europe. It is a world-wide problem of Axis stacking. The only exception is Russian servers where the odds of finding a decent game are better, which unfortunately ping too high for me now.

This is not working for a long time. Sadly.

I mean seriously. This guy is lamenting the removal of a bug which facilitated team stacking? This is your typical Axis stacker that is killing the game off slowly.

Please noone take seriously what he writes.
_________

My perspective is that the game is totally Axis biased due to map design, now significant weapon imbalance, and also team stacking.

Fixing flaws in the map design (see this thread http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=101251) will help to improve map balance.

Something also needs to be done about the weapon imbalance, although I'm not sure what. Allowing Allied Heros access to the MG-42 would certainly help alleviate some of the stacking for this gun.

Team stacking is a serious issue for which the community is totally at fault. Unfortunately, I can basically only ever play Allies because I am a dominant force on whichever team I play on because if I go Axis it imbalances the teams significantly and me being on Allies gives them maybe some chance of winning. I'm not being cocky, it's a fact if you have played with me you will appreciate (it is not my forum name I play under now due to "cheating" bans).

I can tell the teams are nearly always stacked on every server I am on because I can easily kill all of the players on Axis and be top of the scoreboard even on a losing Allied team on an attacking map. Yet we still lose because yet while the Axis players are terrible and low skilled compared to me, at least they know what to do and follow instruction because they are typically veterans. On the other hand the players on the Allies team are new players who don't know any better about stacking and have been forced to join Allies because all of the veterans are on the Axis team.

These new players on Allies then proceed to run forward blindly, not follow instruction, get killed repeatedly and not have fun. They then leave the game never to be seen again. This is killing the game slowly.

While I agree that we should take the approach of asking for less Axis stacking from veterans, we should also:

1. Ask new players to go Axis more frequently while they learn the game and then come back to Allies later
  2. Ask TWI to improve map balance and weapon balance which also contributes to stacking
Honestly, something really needs to be done about this or the game will die soon. It is already dying by the rate at which player count falls off after the free weekend.

If you disagree with me about what I have written please ask yourself this question:

If the game were more balanced and Axis stacking was less, do you think player drop-off after free weekends would be slower?

If you answered yes then please help to balance the teams next time you play.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The fact that there are so many threads about this issue means that it is obviously a problem and something needs to be done about it. I have never seen a thread complaining about a lack of Axis wins, have you?

Took ye long enough to get to me. Anywho. Should jumble the threads together, probs have the "Axis Stack MEGATHREAD" with at least eight pages of posts. Half of which are yours / Set.

Now. Whilst ya'll do have a point about it to a certain extent, you are prone to over exaggeration to some degree. Then again, aint we all?

I'd love a vote-scramble option available before the match start. (Making delaying the game start even more useful btw)

Upvote 0
I'm not being cocky, it's a fact if you have played with me you will appreciate (it is not my forum name I play under now due to "cheating" bans).

I can tell the teams are nearly always stacked on every server I am on because I can easily kill all of the players on Axis and be top of the scoreboard even on a losing Allied team on an attacking map. Yet we still lose because yet while the Axis players are terrible and low skilled compared to me,

lulz :p

I guess I've never played with you, because surely I would have noticed such exceptional skills.

While I'll agree that there is a stacking problem, I wouldn't go so far as to claim it will kill the game. In fact, I think it's getting better day by day for whatever reason and isn't a huge issue. I've seem more campaigns swing back and forth lately than I have in months. Less steamrolling, more close matches. Axis still usually wins, but that hasn't changed from day one.

Unless you have exit data from all new players who bail after a free weekend, how can you claim to know why they leave? It's undoubtedly for many reasons.

Upvote 0
Took ye long enough to get to me. Anywho. Should jumble the threads together, probs have the "Axis Stack MEGATHREAD" with at least eight pages of posts. Half of which are yours / Set.

:D There were plenty of why do Axis always win threads that existed before my time on the forums. This issue has been around for a long time. That's why you can tell it's a problem!

I'd love a vote-scramble option available before the match start. (Making delaying the game start even more useful btw)

It would be nice. Insurgency has this option and it is sometimes used to good effect when there is a steam roll.

lulz :p

I guess I've never played with you, because surely I would have noticed such exceptional skills.

:D I don't think I have played with you. I haven't played on EU servers since mid 2013 and was most active on 40-1 servers in mid 2012. I have since improved quite a lot. In my experience if the Allies win the chances are it was me as TL/SL doing quite a bit of carrying.

While I'll agree that there is a stacking problem, I wouldn't go so far as to claim it will kill the game. In fact, I think it's getting better day by day for whatever reason and isn't a huge issue. I've seem more campaigns swing back and forth lately than I have in months. Less steamrolling, more close matches. Axis still usually wins, but that hasn't changed from day one.

The fact that the "Axis still usually wins" as you say is a serious problem that needs to be addressed.

Unless you have exit data from all new players who bail after a free weekend, how can you claim to know why they leave? It's undoubtedly for many reasons.

My memory for names is quite good, hence why I don't think I've played with you. I also know that I see many people play on Allies team when we are getting spawn destroyed on Rakowice/Stalingrad/Bridges etc that I never see again on the limited servers that are available. It is not such a leap of imagination to see why they don't come back.

Upvote 0
As an RO player for around 10 years now....

I quit.

Teamstacking ruined the game for me.

I'll come back (maybe) if RO2 gets a massive update or RO3 comes out.

I stuck around for as long as I did because I love RO, but, its just too much. I've moved on to Insurgency and CS:GO entirely.

The teamstackers have won.

GG everyone.

Thanks for the good times. We'll always have RO_Rostov and RO_Moscow Highway.

My advice to those who continue to stick around: Don't.

Perhaps if the game dies entirely, then maybe TWI will take notice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ahhh, I am a fool for coming back to post here, but truth is I uninstalled a few weeks ago through sheer tedium of playing Allies until I was sick of it.

It's not like there are many full servers in RO2 to even choose from, so I really do wonder how people can miss this stacking problem. Maybe they play on servers of about 10 players, 5 vs 5 so they can say they don't notice, but whatever.

I have mentioned it before in one of my posts, that when I did go Axis, I got disgusted with myself that it was so easy to steamroll the Allies, just as Spetz noted. It's not that I am an awesome player, but because I have played so long, I know exactly how to quickly get in the capzone I need to when attacking, and I can usually be seen in the top 5 of a 64 player server, for points, not kills. Problem is, nobody follows me, and still we fail to win. Defending is another story - we just get steamrolled because the experienced Axis will know, just like me, best places to cap with minimal danger of being killed.

It's laughably easy if I join Axis and absolutely no challenge, so I cannot with any conscience not help allies to at least make some progress in matches. It just became so tedious to play the same side all the time, and knowing we would probably fail every time just does not make a game fun. Enough was enough.

The addition of the MG 42 was honestly not a good move, even though it's great that the game was still getting updates. I understand that that weapon had already been worked on for a TV show, but to add that and not give Allies anything to balance the gifts, unfortunately made things worse. Myself, I only got to use that weapon once, picked it off the ground from a dead player.

Anyway, the game has lost another mostly Allies only player. Just before I left, I saw that a steamfriend of mine, another 100% allies player started to play on the axis team ... when I asked what happened, he told me he wanted to play with a friend of his on the same team. Problem was, this friend always chose Axis ... there goes another allies player to the stack lol.

Hey, you all have fun on your unfair easy games. I am sure it will boost your self-confidence no end to see your K/D ratio and number of matches won in your stats.

Upvote 0
I quit. Teamstacking ruined the game for me.

I uninstalled a few weeks ago through sheer tedium of playing Allies until I was sick of it.
It's laughably easy if I join Axis and absolutely no challenge...

I sincerely recommend all players feeling like this to create/join a competitive team and start playing TWIL matches. And between TWIL seasons to play PCWs.

Then you know both teams are going to play both sides in a match. Always.

Upvote 0
As an RO player for around 10 years now....

I quit.

Teamstacking ruined the game for me.

I'll come back (maybe) if RO2 gets a massive update or RO3 comes out.

I stuck around for as long as I did because I love RO, but, its just too much. I've moved on to Insurgency and CS:GO entirely.

The teamstackers have won.

GG everyone.

Thanks for the good times. We'll always have RO_Rostov and RO_Moscow Highway.

My advice to those who continue to stick around: Don't.

Perhaps if the game dies entirely, then maybe TWI will take notice.

Sorry to see you go Randy. I understand your reasoning having contemplated it many times myself and stopped playing for extended periods of time. In Insurgency especially it is much more common to get a close and interesting game all the time due to the absence of stacking as a result of forced random teams. Close matches are what make memorable experiences and fun times. Unfortunately, RO2 hardly has any of them and if they do, Axis win.

For TWI: this is the reason why you need to balance the game ASAP!

The fact that TWI have done nothing about the serious imbalance in HoS makes me seriously consider the fact that they must be Axis stackers themselves.

Ahhh, I am a fool for coming back to post here, but truth is I uninstalled a few weeks ago through sheer tedium of playing Allies until I was sick of it.

It's not like there are many full servers in RO2 to even choose from, so I really do wonder how people can miss this stacking problem. Maybe they play on servers of about 10 players, 5 vs 5 so they can say they don't notice, but whatever.

I have mentioned it before in one of my posts, that when I did go Axis, I got disgusted with myself that it was so easy to steamroll the Allies, just as Spetz noted. It's not that I am an awesome player, but because I have played so long, I know exactly how to quickly get in the capzone I need to when attacking, and I can usually be seen in the top 5 of a 64 player server, for points, not kills. Problem is, nobody follows me, and still we fail to win. Defending is another story - we just get steamrolled because the experienced Axis will know, just like me, best places to cap with minimal danger of being killed.

It's laughably easy if I join Axis and absolutely no challenge, so I cannot with any conscience not help allies to at least make some progress in matches. It just became so tedious to play the same side all the time, and knowing we would probably fail every time just does not make a game fun. Enough was enough.

The addition of the MG 42 was honestly not a good move, even though it's great that the game was still getting updates. I understand that that weapon had already been worked on for a TV show, but to add that and not give Allies anything to balance the gifts, unfortunately made things worse. Myself, I only got to use that weapon once, picked it off the ground from a dead player.

Anyway, the game has lost another mostly Allies only player. Just before I left, I saw that a steamfriend of mine, another 100% allies player started to play on the axis team ... when I asked what happened, he told me he wanted to play with a friend of his on the same team. Problem was, this friend always chose Axis ... there goes another allies player to the stack lol.

Hey, you all have fun on your unfair easy games. I am sure it will boost your self-confidence no end to see your K/D ratio and number of matches won in your stats.

Sorry to see you go Kowalczyk. RO2 unfortunately doesn't have many players who have a conscience or a desire to play with fair teams.

Indeed, there are not many full servers to chose from these days and most of them are Axis stacked. Indeed, on some of them the admins actually facilitate the stack. It is a serious wonder to me how people can not see the clear Axis stack in RO2.

Adding the MG42 to Axis only was honestly one of the most terrible balance moves in a computer game that I have ever seen. It's like TWI don't even play the game or something.

Haha first everybody want new and more weapons, especially the MG-42. Now we get it and everyone is crying again....

So, tell me what could tripwire do for Russia to make it more attractive?
But no unrealistic suggestions please. And to give Russians the MG-42 is no solution.

Players like this guy and Rattler disgust me. Clear Axis-only players from their signatures etc who continue to argue for more and more advantages for the Axis because they want to continue to win all of the time. Unfortunately, these guys are very vocal on the forums.

It's these guys who argued for the MG-42 that the game didn't need and was always going to enhance the Axis stack.

Then they have the gall to argue that the Allies should not get it. Even though allowing it for the Allies would help even up the teams and produce better more fun games for everyone, they are not interested in that at all. They hide behind this true reason for not wanting to allow it for the Allies within the pretence of 'historical accuracy'. My counter is simple: this is a game, it should be played fair like every other game. If adding the MG42 for the Allies makes it fairer then so it should be. The game is hardly historically accurate anyway which such large relative numbers of players running around with MkBs and MG42s.

My further suggestions for improved balance are to improve the map designs by fixing the obvious flaws in maps (which most frequently happen on maps where the Allies attack for some reason). The Allies could also be given larger numbers of SMG troops again to be 'historically accurate'.

I sincerely recommend all players feeling like this to create/join a competitive team and start playing TWIL matches. And between TWIL seasons to play PCWs.

Then you know both teams are going to play both sides in a match. Always.

Unfortunately Rivmies I have learned over the life and death of several games which I have played that the competitive community does not make a game long-lived or popular, it is the public community. Without a thriving public community then the competitive side cannot live without new players arriving and staying in the game.

Players simply don't arrive or stay in the game unless it is balanced and fun to play.

I mean seriously, if half the players on a server are not having fun do you think that is good for the game? That is what happens when the Axis steamroller comes along and destroys a bunch of new players on the Allies team. Do you think they stick around to play in clans? No they don't. The stack is killing the game. I hope you are smart enough to realise that simple fact.

Upvote 0
The stack is killing the game. I hope you are smart enough to realise that simple fact.

I think auto switching sides at the end of the round and auto-assign to teams should be there. I am on your side here.

My post was about telling there is at least some way to play with switching sides. TWI Ladder and PCWs that is. Instead of totally quitting, one can play there.

Competitive scene of RO2 is small but alive. I feel most of the active players have been there for quite a long time. Ofc new players are needed, but there is still huge amount of "veterans" that have just been grinding public TE and have not played clan matches. Those players should come to competitive scene asap :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The MG42 isn't that much better than the MG34 gameplay wise. Giving Allies the MG42 won't stop Axis stacking. We already have enough historical transgressions in this game!:mad:

Adding the MG42 just didn't help the stacking problem. It just made more players wanting to join the Axis team and play with the new gun, or play Axis only so they can level up their MG34 to get the MG42.

Upvote 0
I think auto switching sides at the end of the round and auto-assign to teams should be there. I am on your side here.

OK, I take it back - sorry. I agree with you.

The MG42 isn't that much better than the MG34 gameplay wise. Giving Allies the MG42 won't stop Axis stacking. We already have enough historical transgressions in this game!:mad:

Adding the MG42 just didn't help the stacking problem. It just made more players wanting to join the Axis team and play with the new gun, or play Axis only so they can level up their MG34 to get the MG42.

You actually perfectly described my point, which I highlighted in bold. The MG 42 is "sexy" and because of this it facilitates stacking. Veterans join Axis side to get to play with the weapon.

If the MG 42 were available for Allies Hero MG then these veterans would not need to join the Axis team to play with it, hence evening the teams up.

This is just so obvious I don't understand how TWI don't realise they have created a serious balance problem by adding the MG42. If they are smart enough to code, surely they should realise this.

Upvote 0
As fun as it is to slaughter noobs as Axis, we are driving people away from the game like this.

Who gives a **** bro :D ? People are stacking in the Marines team in CoD 4 since the release and the game is alive and kicking. You can find full servers all over the world 24/7.

The only forums where I see whining about stacking is here and CoH 2 forums in Steam.

Just play the game you like. No one is forcing you to play as the allies. If you get annoyed of getting slaughtered or getting naded by friendlies just switch your team. Geez...

What the skilled players are supposed to do about others who don't have common sense about how to lead/follow attack or how to defend? One or two players can't win the round for the whole team. Unless there's auto assign only, people will always stack the team they want. You can't change that.

The game is too "serious" to promote auto assign. For example in TF2 I don't care which team I am playing with so I just press auto assign. But in RO2 the teamplay is very important and the game is different - its more serious, and it requires much more teamplay and knowing how to play your "role". Of course I would want to play with people who know these things. Otherwise we can't win. In TF2 most of the time you don't know who's gonna win because things happen so fast and you can turn the march around often but in RO2 its not that easy and one bad attack or defense can cost you the victory. So I'll rather play with players who don't take any chances.

Upvote 0