• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS The battle of Peleliu Island

:rolleyes:

Other than the greatly increased availability of cover in the Rising Storm version of the airstrip, I see nothing wrong with the map from an accuracy standpoint.

Perhaps you're the one that's misinformed? This engagement really did happen in history. 16 September, 1944.

Upvote 0
The Peleliu map in RS is based on when the 1st Marine Division took the airfield on D+2. A lot of the footage shown in the videos are of the Umurbrogol, named "Bloody Nose Ridge" by the Marines that fought there, and other fighting around the ridges in Northern Peleliu. There is some footage of the landings here and there. I think the airfield map looks quite historically accurate imo.

All the maps look pretty historically accurate, Peleliu actually being one of the best. I can point out a few inaccuracies on other maps, like Guadalcanal having the wrong Marine uniforms for the time period or Iwo having too many rocks, but Peleliu I'd say is one of the most historically accurate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0