• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

So if it's the same graphics engine, looks pretty much the same(yes maybe a bit different but not really too much of a wow change), still seems to have the same lame 1st person(=nonexisting) animations, everything looks just like ArmA. Why pay 50€ for that? :confused:

It was the same with CoD4 and Crysis basically the same game with different graphics

Upvote 0
So if it's the same graphics engine, looks pretty much the same(yes maybe a bit different but not really too much of a wow change), still seems to have the same lame 1st person(=nonexisting) animations, everything looks just like ArmA. Why pay 50€ for that? :confused:

An different island to play on, plus different missions. Graphics isn't everything. Still, ArmA2 graphics are great.

Upvote 0
An different island to play on, plus different missions. Graphics isn't everything. Still, ArmA2 graphics are great.
Yeah I'm not saying graphics are all. But you know I played ArmA. And looking at ArmA2 it just looks exactly the same. Different island - sure but can't you download different islands for ArmA as well? Different mission - well I'd expect that :p It just kind of reminds me of for example R6 Vegas 2, nothing really new except for few new weapons and a bad new story. If it was an add-on ok but from a new game I'd expect more. If it offers a good to great story+various missions too choose from like in ArmA+it runs good to great on my PC I'll 75% buy it but yeah I'm really curious.

@The Masta

the vid you posted above from when is it?

Upvote 0
Graphics, who gives a monkeys hoot, throw everything on Highest and its good already.
Optimization and modification of the 'new' engine is the way to go..Unreal, Unreal1+ Unreal2, Unreal 7, you know how it goes.

Islands, don't talk to me about Islands, took me a day just to install the blinking thing (Tools), it works, thats the first step done anyways.

Artificial Intelligence or bots is where my expectations lie/lye/lay :p.

OFP was problematic when it came out, ArmA was embarrassing, third time lucky maybe ?
I hope so.
I saw a release date somewhere 16/10

http://www.dvdes.ch/product_info.ph...0374/products_id/images/pics/b_1000308844.jpg

Upvote 0
I hope they're finally going to fix the damn perfroamnce. This game is just incredibly random as to how it performs. Works great for some and completely horribly for others. I have a system that is considerably above the recommended requirements yet the has never run well for me no matter what settings I use.

I was actually quietly hopeful as beta 1.12 had the game performing damn well on my system, then when they released the official 1.14 patch performance went back into the toilet.

Upvote 0