• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
After reading through this thread and seeing how much fun ArmA is, I am thinking about getting the game. The last game I played that was made by Bohemian Interactive, Flashpoint 1985, a predecessor to ArmA and that game was fun.

My question is, should I buy the Gold Edition? Or is there any other special package I should get instead. I would like to do some of these Co-Op missions as well, they seem like a lot of fun.

Also, all these mods out for it, how hard is it to install the mods and switch back forth between them? It seems with the amount of mods out there for the game, the install can get messy.

Upvote 0
After reading through this thread and seeing how much fun ArmA is, I am thinking about getting the game. The last game I played that was made by Bohemian Interactive, Flashpoint 1985, a predecessor to ArmA and that game was fun.

My question is, should I buy the Gold Edition? Or is there any other special package I should get instead. I would like to do some of these Co-Op missions as well, they seem like a lot of fun.

Also, all these mods out for it, how hard is it to install the mods and switch back forth between them? It seems with the amount of mods out there for the game, the install can get messy.

There are two ways of installing mods:

1.) Put every .pbo that comes with every mod in the Addons folder. Not recommended, because it can easily clutter things up.

2.) Make a directory for every addon. Most addons, if you unpack them, automatically put the .pbo's in a directory of its own. You can recognize these addon folders by the '@' in front of them. For example '@XAM1.4'.

Considering you use method #2, you can enable addons by adding '@name-of-mod' to your ArmA shortcut.

For example: Games\ArmA\arma.exe -mod=@AACFSOUND; -nosplash

That means that ArmA will use the .pbo's in the '@AACFSOUND' directory instead of the normal sounds.

Bigger mods like XAM often provide you with a separate shortcut automatically.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes. Co-op on friday night (13-06), somewere around 18:30 GMT or so.

Let's get some more people playing, guys!

Installed ArmA again,never played the MP/Co-op part of it - but i would like to join some regular people playing it on a non l33t base ;)
I got version 1.14,TS not installed (yet) - just gimme a tip where to get the mission and serverIP and other stuff required

Upvote 0