• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

It is a FPS or a 3rd person. Mostly FPS, most servers run with FPS only, but 3rd person is also fun when you get new addons that you want to check out.

The game is purely good, I don't know what to say, it's my #1 game of all time, I've been hooked to it since the demo was released. This game sets the standards for all other semi realistic-realistic army games.

Upvote 0
So...I've just ahem...acquired...the Czech version of ArmA to hold me over until I can purchase the English version.

It's awesome. Looks stunningly beautiful! Sounds are great. The models and textures are perfect.

Runs quite well on my system on High Settings at 1280x1024. Got the English language patch featured on some add-on sites. Some stuff is still in Czech, like subtitles, but the voices are already in English.

A few quick screenies from the first mission:

We were ambushed, I was hit in the arm...notice the blood on my hand.
arma3copylx1.jpg

They've added bleeding to ArmA. Notice all the extra blood running down my arm. I wasn't shot again, I just didn't get to the medic to heal, and I bled, and I started to get tunnel vision. AWESOME!
arma2copyvh5.jpg

And the gore is noticeably hiked up. Check out this guy who was riddled by a .50 Cal MG on our Humvee:
arma1copyqn0.jpg

I cannot wait till the English version comes out. I'm totally buying the special edition. This will work for now.
smiley2.gif

Initial Verdict: The game is IDENTICAL in gameplay to Operation Flashpoint, which is the highest praise I can give it. Add on top of that STUNNING graphics and added features, it's a no-brainer. Add on top of THAT multiplayer games that can FINALLY be joined MID-GAME. No more waiting for games to start! It's a no-brainer...you must purchase this game when it comes out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are the hit effects like opflash? like when you shot someone in the face/head it is the same impact effect all the time or is it different with each bullet? Kinda looks like how opflash had it. But alot nicer (if gore can be nice :p)

But the bleeding arm is awesome, could you possibly get a screeny of the tunnel vision? that would be great

Also this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnKxOO2ENEw&mode=related&search=

Looks pretty good (graphically) and is set on low! and he posts his specs at the end: amd 64 3200+, ge force 6600GT, 1 gig RAM at around 35 fps, pretty promising if you ask me.

Upvote 0
As long as it's not like OFP where

Shot to knee=two bloody legs

Shot to hand=two bloody arms

Shot to chest=ripped apart clothes (front and back)

Shot to head=face ripped clean off

I'm sure we will see some VERY VERY interesting mods come out fairly shortly for this game. The mod community for OFP was probably the best of any game (up there with HL1), you should see all the hurdles and obstacles modders got around in the OFP engine limitations!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
As much as some of you might want to purchase a copy of the Czech version of the game from places like eBay, I'd recommend waiting until the German version is released so as to avoid the infamous Starforce technology.

By the Dsly, your videos are pretty incredible, and I'm very tempted to invest in the Track IR technology myself for games such as ARMA. Also, the damage effects in those still images are wonderful- I love the way the blood is treated on the arm for example.

Upvote 0