• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The ArmA 2 thread (hurr hurr, no Armed Assault 2)

This is how it works.
Found on the BI forums :
"You often receive a grid reference in the game.The grid divides the map into squares of 100x100 meters,identified by a 6-digit code.
The first 3 digits describe the horizontal position of the square;the last 3 digits give the vertical position.
If you zoom out,the map becomes divided into 1x1 kilometer squares"

So counting the grids should give you the distance between A & B.
The ruler is pretty handy I must admit.
If you need to know a distance create a way-point by holding L-shift + lmb and clicking on the area or building in the map, this will give you the distance.
Delete the way-point when done with it (hold mouse over and hit delete).

The part in bold was helpful. I figured it was in km, but wasn't exactly sure.

Upvote 0
Thats winning, I see that one guy only has a T-shirt on under his armor, and one guy has blue face paint and glasses, can you customize the characters and uniforms when in a clan? Not to the point where its immature, but to the point where your distinguished from other soldiers.

Some classes wear different uniforms. Grenadier for example has rolled up sleeves sometimes. You can change your face whatever you like and you can do this not being in clan. If you are in clan, vehicles which you are currently using gets your clan logo on side.

Like on this picture

arma2oa2011013021594642.jpg

You also gets a clantag after your nickname on playerlist and logo, contact and rank/class information in detailed player information panel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicholas
Upvote 0
Nice new animations in the works, some like Urban Prone are awesome and definitely needed asap, others are a little arcadey IMO. Overall though, really nice work and the guy is just banging them out.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=115889&page=8

I agree, the ninja roll towards the end was a bit silly. The only really nice part was that the grenade launcher reload animations looked to be different from the magazine changing ones.

If he would now make individual reload animations for all of the weapons as well as realistic times, that would be something to look forward to. Reloading an M4 should be quicker than reloading an M240 or SMAW.

On the topic of faction mods, does anyone have the Canadian one? :

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6680
Edit: Blind fire looks nicely done. Considering that you can play as poorly trained militias, it would make sense. Would be nice if the AI would do it depending on their faction/skill level. Should also vary from weapon to weapon.

I recently got this. Very nice, save for a few issues:

1) None of the weapons have reload sounds.
2) I can not find ammo for the LAW anywhere. It is always empty...
3) I get some error when I start the game or load the editor. Something about M136 optics. However, it works fine aside from that.
4) When using the Carl Gustav (optics version), the optics disappear when I shoot a rocket. Very odd.
5) When playing as a Canadian soldier, your helmet has an odd shadow.
6) Looks like vehicles where removed from this version of the mod. :(

Anyone else getting these issues? Overall nicely done, it is nice to play as the Canadians.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Make sure you have CBA and INKO Disposable running, or ACE (which contains both).

I have CBA enabled for sure, pretty sure INKO is as well. I'll try a reinstall of the mods.

Edit: Both show up in the menu, both in the shortcut, both folders in my ArmA2 AO directory.

Only error out of the 6 mentioned above that no longer occur is the error I get in the editor. Still have the rest of the issues.

When I launch the game, I get this:

Addon 'inkp_disposable_oa' require addon Extended_EventHandlers

Guess I need another mod? :p

Edit 2: Got that, now I need the mod "CAWeapons3".

This is getting ridiculous.

While I am asking, anyone know of a good French military mod? I found a French SF mod, but it claims that they did not keep authenticity in mind. Looking for something well done with accuracy in mind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Running it through Combined Operations here. Very odd. Also won't let me load saved games with the Finnish or Canadian Forces mod. The Finnish mod fixed the issue with disposable rockets not being usable.

I guess ACE would fix all of this?

When trying to revert to a save game, I get this error:
deleted caweapons 3

Or something similar.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyone here able to max out the game? What are your specs? Is this a pretty CPU intensive game?

I have game maxed out with ACE, ACRE, WarFX and few more 16AA's addons installed. No problems with performance at all.

I got my new PC about two months ago and it's average PC, nothing fancy and my biggest sin, I haven't OC'ed it yet :/
cpu: i5 2500k @ 3.7 Ghz
cooler: Zalman CNPS FLEX w/ custom cooler
mobo: Gigabyte P67-UD4
gpu: Gigabyte GTX 460 SOC
memory: 2x 2GB Patriot Sector 5 Viper II 1600Mhz

What's more, I run game pretty smoothly at my veeeeeeeery old rig at medium-high settings w/ same addons, it was C2D E6600 OC to 3.8 Ghz, 4GB Ram and GTX 260 SP 216.

Game can be CPU intensive when a lot of AI is running around. Also AI addons, like Zeus, use a lot of CPU, but I haven't had any problems at my current and old rig.

Couple screens
2011031000001.jpg

2011030900013.jpg

2011030900021copy.jpg

2011031000008copy.jpg

Upvote 0