• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

This has nothing to do with that at all.
you wont understand the present if you refuse to teach yourself about the past...srsly..go read some and try to ..comprehend..get the bigger picture..if you are not able to..and **** me everyone nowadays is able to due to the internets...you will allways come out as uninformed..sorry for the harsh words...:rolleyes: eh en if reading is too ..well lets put it this way--time consumeing..go watch some documentaries...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you wont understand the present if you refuse to teach yourself about the past...srsly..go read some and try to ..comprehend..get the bigger picture..if you are not able to..and **** me everyone nowadays is able to due to the internets...you will allways come out as uninformed..sorry for the harsh words...:rolleyes: eh en if reading is too ..well lets put it this way--time consumeing..go watch some documentaries...
You keep telling me how I am ignorant and do not know the past when you have yet to describe to me yourself that you know the content.

Upvote 0
Really now, discussing police brutality with such people in the conversation?

But anyway, the specific killing is not that unjustified, in the meaning that much worse and unneeded killings have taken place and nothing has been done. Another "revolution" gone wrong is what happened in Athens some years ago after a killing of a young kid, who actually did nothing, and when people started protesting some riots started out, allowing the police to attack almost all the protests no matter if they were violent or not... Guess who orders around those "macho" anarchists ;)

Reactions: Alexander Ostmann
Upvote 0
the population has every right to overthrow a enslaving gouverment..to replace it with..waht...:rolleyes:

Since when unnecessary collateral damage in some incident or event equals enslavement?

Sure it's ideal to try avoid unnecessary deaths or so under any circumstances but is it the right solution to answer to force with even bigger decentralised force and basically making it a fight between (possibly) illegal and unjustified action and illegal and emotionally justified action to go completely bat****.

"Oh noes someone died, let's counter the action by going bat****, burning buildings and making everyone's life miserable instead of doing it the less-blazing way which is also the same reason why we pout our western ruling system is so awesome because hey, it's not like a police could do an error in his line of duty. Bring on the fuel and fire boys!"

You don't have to suck it down like apogelectic doormat, but burning down buildings and going lunatic in every other way is not a solution either.

Reactions: Alexander Ostmann
Upvote 0
seriouslyguys.jpg

Upvote 0
The Riots and Looting aren't in anyway a demonstration of the shooting of an armed gangster rather opportunistic violence and mayhem caused by a section of community immune to the fear of prosecution and justice. There is no resemblance between the riots in the 80s which stood for something and the criminal uprising now.

If you asked any of them why they were looting and smashing various places up they wouldn't be able to tell you

FacePalm_picard.jpg

Upvote 0
Well Nestor, I've just watched Croydon burning on the French TV.
A sad day.

Little story:
One of my family was medevaced into London last night.
He arrived safely but his Mother and Father who had to make their own way to St Georges, well, they were completely... "I don't know the expression adequate".

Caught up in the mayhem :confused: maybe.

Not Happy.

Upvote 0
So, are we allowed to open the discussion on what to do with people who are anti-social, have no intent to ever be a productive member of the society and are plain harmful to the said society?

As much flak as it will earn me, I often times regret that the concept of "outlaw" has died out in our culture. If you have law for nothing and are clearly not afraid of whatever retribution it can throw at you, why should you be afforded a process of that law?

I also sometimes wonder about the death sentences passed by the Polish underground state during WWII. In essence, yes, state-sanctioned murder. Wrong? Well, more often than not, I think it was justified, given that the targets were collaborationists, Nazi officials known for notoriety, etc.

Shouldn't the society protect itself? Obviously, the ideal approach would have been to make sure everyone wants to be part of the society, but when that kind of take on it goes belly up, then what? Water cannoning them is going to wash away the taint, is it? Tomorrow they will wake up rinsed men and women and become stately clerks?

Reactions: tofupunk
Upvote 0
Damn this week, and specifically this day are le awesome!

1) As my brother has already 90% moved out I'll be moving into what was his room(about 3x bigger than my current one) and my then old room will be transformed into a small fitness room. And looking how my father is always gone on weekends and often travelling to different countries as well that means I'll have the whole 120m

Reactions: Dr. Pierre Chang
Upvote 0