• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

It works both ways
Does something have a colour if there isn't light?

What is colour?

Also, do we all see in the same colours as others? Do the people who like "red" see what that colour really is? What if the colour that I perceive as "blue", is another person's "red"? What if we only call it "red" because everyone else says so just because of one other person saying so? Maybe there is one superior colour, which is my vision of red, and whenever people say they like a certain colour the most, they share the same vision of colour as I do. Or not.

Upvote 0
My confusion is at the apparent contradiction of saying that you are not prejudiced then saying that there are only 2 types of gay, it's like saying there's only black and white. In my experience there are many shades of grey in between.. to say nothing of pink, green and purple.

Well, ofcourse i realise there isnt just this and that, but for arguements sake its often better to simplify things a bit.
I needed a comparison, so i simply took both extreme ends: guy with unnoticeable gay feelings, and supermegaflaminggaymanupinyourface.
Mr. Moe got it right, as that is the way i meant it.

Also, it's very hard not to be contradicting as many people have contradicting feelings or thoughts a whole lot of times, and nobody really escapes from it.
Point is, i make an effort to accept people for who they are, even if it doesnt always come easy.

Upvote 0
It works both ways
Does something have a colour if there isn't light?

nope; no matter how colorblind you are, black is always black. Green may be Yellow, Blue may be Purple, but the lack of color is always the same (when it is the TRUE lack of color; most paints and pigments of black are just really dark versions of other colors). Its scientifically true and poetic, which is something quite admirable. Its odd how, in the very nature we live in, so many statements that are so poetic lie in such mundane things. The very system we exist in is like music, if you look at it right. Its all perception and listening.

/rant :eek:

Upvote 0
Everything has a colour in the sense that it will potentially reflect the same frequencies of EM, regardless of whether any is being fired at it at this present moment. If something was perfectly black, it would have to absorb all radiation... like a black hole. Black holes are black. ;)
yep; true black, the color of absolutely no color.

Upvote 0
how odd...it appears I have cuts (almost slashes) on my upper back that I didn't know existed, and from the looks of it, have been there all day (some of them, longer). So either I have had my house under assault by very viscous bedbugs, something is cutting me while I sleep, or perhaps it could be a horrible case of de-moisturized skin (which is possible in a desert like here). /stuffyouindeeddidntneedtohear

inb4 I film myself and spot a slenderman/rake/otherinternetpersonality :p

Upvote 0
Time to buy some wodka, also I will have my first wisdom tooth removed in the week of july 6th (second one to follow 2 weeks later). I'm kinda sad though because the doctor told me he'll perscribe mefenamic acid painkillers(the usual stuff you get) and not tramadol(the heavy opioid stuff you sometimes get at this occasion as I read on the internets).

Upvote 0
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1391649/Grease-star-Jeff-Conaway-dead-60.html

Played 'Zack Allan' in the great Sci-Fi show Babylon 5 :(

zack_allan.jpg

Upvote 0
Crap I think I have some sort of an allergy. Looked up the current pollen counts and everything is light-medium except for grass-stuff which is ultrahigh, so it's probably that :/

I find it hilarious that every post you make gets downvoted, except for this post where you mention something bad has happened to you. Then it gets upvoted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0