• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

'Thanks' thread to TWI!

Sgt Jigglebelly

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
Once again, TWI gives us more content - all of it very solid, adding lots of gameplay hours to an already awesome game - and for FREE.

Let's put it this way - at a time where devs are jumping ship from PC, some even selling out on us (i.e. modern warfare 2, what FEAR 2 ended up being, valve and l4d2, etc.), and some just putting out lousy games or ports, you guys make me extremely proud to be a PC gamer. You've got me wanting to buy more skin packs from you to say thanks LoL. Even in games people say 'buy the skin packs, TWI deserves our support!', and I'm not making that up.

Just wanted to give a big 'thank you' to TWI for being my favorite dev for a whole lot of reasons, and to say keep the DLC, and ways we can thank you for it, coming!

I spent $50 on L4D. The only content we got from them was a half-hearted attempt at a campaign and a new game mode.

I spent $20 on KF, got a kickass game, a kickass update with two new weapons, a new map, and a new character skin pack, and now this AMAZING update. I'll be buying this for friends, and trying out the Red Orchestra games. Thank you all so much for actually LISTENING to the players, and kicking so much *** in the process.

Upvote 0
Jameh, I feel the same way - L4D was the game I was majorly looking forward to, and while it turned out to be pretty good, their support wasn't what they said it would be, and now they're pulling a madden on us, and I just don't feel as into L4D anymore lol

but Killing Floor - ever since that trailer popped up on Steam and I said, meh, I'll check this out I guess... and I was blown away and pre-ordered immediately. And it has been worth my $20 many MANY times over.

omarfw - don't remember me ever saying that :p but thanx. our steam group and server is called... you guessed it, Team Jiggle!

Upvote 0
I couldn't possibly list all the things I like about this update, from the improved UI to the new animations, but the new weapons....MY GOD! They are the most orgasmic thing I've seen in a game, the AA12 and EBR are the best weapons ever.
The MP7M is incredibly good and useful too, even on later waves, so is the hit detection on the medic.

The fixed headshot detection = AWESOME. Just leveled up the sharpshooter perk and I wasn't even using it, that's how good it is.

Lastly, the new maps are great. The halloween-themed map has some great use of color, but my I love is the forest map, the "stalker production facility" is very interesting and adds to the history.

The hardest thing is to pick a skin now, there's so many and they are all good.
And full fingered gloves! Those kick *** too!

Upvote 0
The fixes to head shot detection were much needed and a very good improvement. The gui though not needed, is much more slick and nice to look at. Armor repair function, can be helpful when you're short.

Credit to tripwire, they actually put forth sincere effort in this game. They didn't just let the game come out buggy and give their users a big middle finger when they suggested fixes.

Upvote 0
Yep, can't agree more with the initial post.

Here's my tuppeny 'happeny on cost efficiency.

I can be somewhat miserly at times and I certainly know when I've got a superb deal. As a bonus, my region's currency has been particularly strong for a year which hasn't been good for shipping out but has been very rewarding when shipping in. This translates to KF costing $15 ($11.24 in the current sale). I've taken advantage of that and made sure my local gaming buddies have benefited too.

kf_buddies.jpg

So! What have I got so far for my money.

1) A kick arse game that has been patched frequently to maintain its' QC.

2) FREE expansion packs with such a cumulative bundle since the initial release that KF needs a re-review to give it a metascore that truly reflects its' current builf.

3) Quality character packs at minimal charge that surely bring the slimmest of margins when considering the actual work that went into them, admin costs, and third party costs.

4) A whole host of community made mods, muts, maps, and other custom content.

5) A decent community (for the most part) where I've made a lot of new gaming buddies as well as reaffirmed the connections I've previously made.

I've done a lot of online gaming and KF has pretty much got the lot from every angle and I sincerely look forward to more of it to come. :D

Upvote 0
Kudos

Kudos

I have to agree with everybody. When I fired up the game and saw the new interface, I immediately thought, "New content!!!!". As I sat there reading the release notes for the update, the first thought that came to mind was, "This is why I stopped playing L4D in favor of a 'critically-panned' game that simply kicks ***."

As I sat there, experimenting with the new weapons and squealing with pure delight, my roommates were sure I'd lost my mind. This is what it's all about!

Somebody else mentioned a desire to purchase the character packs simply to support this generous and player-oriented upgrade model, and I whole-heartedly agree! You pay $4, and in return get enough free content to choke a Left 4 Dead talking head/game designer/money whore.

Keep it coming Tripwire! My friends can't comprehend why I stopped playing L4D in favor of KF, but you and I both know why!

- Nubbers

Upvote 0
arramus, damn bro, it's great to see you getting copies of KF out to more people, and good to know that that many more copies and players are out there now! seeing KF succeed makes me, like I said, proud to be a PC gamer, and what you're doing there is awesome.

and Katana I agree with you, boycotting L4D2, in light of the banjo fiddle soundtrack, dumb characters, and could-have-been-a-user-mod content released only a year later, has become that much easier to do without. same thing, with MW2 PC. don't need 'em

Upvote 0
Well as much as I complain, I gotta say that TWI is probably one of the most hard working teams I've had the pleasure of purchasing a game from. They're pretty dedicated to their work and I think some of their recent success attests to that. In the end, their updates, patches, and additions have been free.

Also, their willingness to actually listen to the community and foster a strong interactive player base with map contests and submissions is definitely noticed and much appreciated. I'll definitely keep an eye out for other TWI games that interest me.

Keep up the good work.

Upvote 0