• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map TE-Kakaz has been updated

Ha looks like he replied to my initial comment

Yeah like custom maps with all roles are overpopular. People stand in line to play them.

My initial plan was to release a full role version but only playerfiles no serverfiles. Just to make a statement. That plan had to change when brewing was introduced. So i had to come up with something else. Food for thought probably.
So instead of his original idea of punishing the server owners for actually running his map, he decided to punish the players that wanted to play his map instead... And then wonders why some people complain about custom maps being of subpar quality/completedness. This guy is a lost cause.

Upvote 0
Crack at TWI by asking for donations from players to release a version with all the roles? The goal was something like $2000 originally although it seems to be removed.

Rule #1 when making maps - don't expect anybody to play them, thank you for them, especially don't act like you're owed something just because you decided to put the time in to make them. It's nice when people do play them, but you'll be a lot better off if you don't let your expectations get the better of you. If you do it you're doing it for yourself, as a hobby, because you enjoy it and you're curious about what you can make.

Upvote 0
I have played the map maybe 10 times. Both sides. Not full server but decent amount of players many times. With Drecks playing too, btw.

I had a feeling that the Church cap was a too easy to defend. People didn't like the long spawn distances too much either. Vehicles were death traps many times, maybe due to routes and good spots for defenders.

Upvote 0
And why is having all roles available such a big deal anyway? I rather like that there are nothing but bolts on this map. It offers a rare and different challenge for the player and rare and different challenges ARE WHAT CUSTOM MAPS ARE ALL ABOUT.
Did you ever play it with a full server? The map didn't work in its state with only rifleman role. It may be fun for a period of time, but the map goes for like 40 minutes and stalls at the church cap, lot's of chokepoints. Could've been alleviated with different roles (TL, SL, etc)

Upvote 0
Did you ever play it with a full server? The map didn't work in its state with only rifleman role. It may be fun for a period of time, but the map goes for like 40 minutes and stalls at the church cap, lot's of chokepoints. Could've been alleviated with different roles (TL, SL, etc)

Played it several times on fairly populated servers 12-16 players.... the main problem with bolts only attacking armored transports became apparent quickly. You might snipe the gunner, but the crew inside was fairly safe at a distance

Upvote 0