• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map TE-FallenFighters1942

It's a great map, just want to point out that I found a bugg in the Univermag.
I could walk through the wall.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
After playing this several times on 40-1 I must say I love the atmosphere apart from this English propaganda. I have the Russian files and just btw, they should be on YouTube also. :)

But there is something that is very disturbing. Tonight Axis was bleed white when trying to access C objective. Our artillery could not clear the top floors of the building which is very odd as the building lacks a roof. Due to the fact that we had no chance of clearing this an armada of Soviet MGers lay waiting for us to try and enter the building through the main entrances. Grenades seemed to have missed their targets or didn't do any damage at all. It would be good if the sandbags blocking one of the entrances were destroyable gaining a vital access to wipe out the Soviets on the first floor. Doesn't matter it was Axis getting slaughtered, I'd be annoyed by this when playing Allies just the same.
The front of C needs more entrances, either destructible or mantling ones. It simply needs more. Currently defense feels kinda cheap on this one, especially if you only have artillery to clear out the top floors and no tank at your disposal.

Neither flanking and trying the courtyard worked.
Losing about 300 tickets just for C objective is very harsh.

Upvote 0
I love this map, and yeah it was very hard taking C tonight but I think that the Russians just put up one hell of a defense. Just my opinion.

The big thing I noticed that still is an issue is that in Objective D, there are many spots that you can see under the map if you go prone. This actually makes it very hard to move as you can't see and need to crouch or stand up to see what is going on, then of course you are a huge target.

Upvote 0
Objective D the open field adjacent to C the technical school, you say you can just see under the map in any area? It's odd you can see through the terrain just in that location.

I did snap one picture if you need to see it. I cannot say that D was the only spot, just the one I noticed yesterday. I was mostly on the other side of the map the whole round.

Upvote 0